Fast Food Talk Thread

Humor and off topic conversation
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (McDonald's)

Post by ChadJK »

Busguy2010 wrote: Thu Nov 13, 2025 2:00 pm Theres a thing to replicate the McRib at home and to actually use a rack of ribs and pull the bones out. I've never tried it, but it only sounds as good as the McRib.
I have been wanting to try this. I've seen a few chefs do it on TV/streaming and you just slow cook (smoke) that rack of ribs until the rib bones pull cleanly out and you're left with a boneless rib rack. Cut to size, coat it in your favorite BBQ sauce, and stick it on a bun and you're good to go!
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7328
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

nebugeater wrote: Thu Nov 13, 2025 2:10 pm One is enough, though. If they were a standard offering, I would likely never order, as I rarely get the McD. The flavor has not changed much, but this year's offering looks to be about 25% smaller than what I remember even last time.
I always get one meal and the additional sandwich for $1, So for me, its two meals. And I'm with you, no year is complete without having at least had one once, even though they're really not all that. They're tasty, but yeah, once is enough. I also probably would never buy them if they didn't disappear most of the year. I guess they know what they're doing.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7328
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (McDonald's)

Post by Busguy2010 »

ChadJK wrote: Thu Nov 13, 2025 4:41 pm
Busguy2010 wrote: Thu Nov 13, 2025 2:00 pm Theres a thing to replicate the McRib at home and to actually use a rack of ribs and pull the bones out. I've never tried it, but it only sounds as good as the McRib.
I have been wanting to try this. I've seen a few chefs do it on TV/streaming and you just slow cook (smoke) that rack of ribs until the rib bones pull cleanly out and you're left with a boneless rib rack. Cut to size, coat it in your favorite BBQ sauce, and stick it on a bun and you're good to go!
Haha, I don't know what it is that prevents me from doing it. Oddly I guess a formed, rib shaped patty on a bun sounds more appropriate than a boneless slab of ribs. I can't see it being much better. I guess if I'm going to the trouble to smoking a rack of ribs, just makes more sense to eat em as they are. I'd have my mind on if I accidentally missed a piece of cartilage or a little piece of bone. Nothing throws me off more than biting into cartilage. It does sound like a fun experiment though, if I could get past it.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110948
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (McDonald's)

Post by nebugeater »

ChadJK wrote: Thu Nov 13, 2025 3:03 pm McRib is a guilty pleasure for a lot of people. Sure, it's akin to "mystery meat" but that's part of the guilty allure. lol
One thing about eating the ONE McRib I eat each time they are brought back...... 8 Hr later I still know I ate it!
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by ChadJK »

nebugeater wrote: Fri Nov 14, 2025 5:35 am One thing about eating the ONE McRib I eat each time they are brought back...... 8 Hr later I still know I ate it!
I've learned not to eat certain foods and go to the bar. Mainly anything smoked, curried, containing raw onions, or having hellacious amounts of garlic. Otherwise, the bubbles in the beer are causing me to belch a little and that's unpleasant for not just myself but the people sitting near me. lol
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Arby's)

Post by ChadJK »

ChadJK wrote: Thu Nov 06, 2025 11:43 am At Arby's for a limited time...

Deep Fried Turkey Gobbler Sandwich
it has Deep Fried Turkey, Big Eye Swiss, Crispy Onion Strings, Mayonnaise, Cranberry Spread, and Stuffing on a Sub Roll.
https://www.arbys.com/menu/limited-time ... -sandwich/

I feel like there should be thick turkey gravy instead of mayo. Perhaps I'll swing through Popeye's and get a side of their Cajun Gravy to sneak into Arby's. Then I can dip my sandwich in it.
I tried this yesterday. It was pretty good, but I forgot to stop and get my Popeye's gravy to dip it in. My nephew works there and he hates it, but I thought it was tasty.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7328
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

ChadJK wrote: Fri Nov 14, 2025 10:11 am
nebugeater wrote: Fri Nov 14, 2025 5:35 am One thing about eating the ONE McRib I eat each time they are brought back...... 8 Hr later I still know I ate it!
I've learned not to eat certain foods and go to the bar. Mainly anything smoked, curried, containing raw onions, or having hellacious amounts of garlic. Otherwise, the bubbles in the beer are causing me to belch a little and that's unpleasant for not just myself but the people sitting near me. lol
PepperJax is one of the worst offenders lol. True though, we've all been there. When I get fast food, or anything that could end up being offensive, I try to do myself a favor and chew everything up more than seems necessary and drink water with every bite. Seems to work, but at times I forget and just swallow my food whole like a dog, what can ya do.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Chartroose Caboose)

Post by ChadJK »

bbinks wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:54 am Anybody remember the Chartroose Caboose?
Chartroose Caboose still has two locations in the KC area:
12976 W 87th St Pkwy, Lenexa, KS 66215
10636 Metcalf Ave, Overland Park, KS 66212
Last edited by ChadJK on Wed Dec 03, 2025 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8989
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Chartroose Caboose)

Post by Greg S »

ChadJK wrote: Tue Dec 02, 2025 2:50 pm
bbinks wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:54 am Anybody remember the Chartroose Caboose?
They still have two locations in the KC area:
12976 W 87th St Pkwy, Lenexa, KS 66215
10636 Metcalf Ave, Overland Park, KS 66212
I remember one at 72nd and Howard. They shared the building with WC Franks. I can't remember who was in that side first, Pizza By The Slice or Chartroose Caboose. When WC closed on their side, Don and Millies went in. Been a lot of things since. I think McAllister's Deli is there now.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Chartroose Caboose)

Post by ChadJK »

Greg S wrote: Wed Dec 03, 2025 9:21 am
ChadJK wrote: Tue Dec 02, 2025 2:50 pm
bbinks wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:54 am Anybody remember the Chartroose Caboose?
They still have two locations in the KC area:
12976 W 87th St Pkwy, Lenexa, KS 66215
10636 Metcalf Ave, Overland Park, KS 66212
I remember one at 72nd and Howard. They shared the building with WC Franks. I can't remember who was in that side first, Pizza By The Slice or Chartroose Caboose. When WC closed on their side, Don and Millies went in. Been a lot of things since. I think McAllister's Deli is there now.
We used to eat at the one in Bellevue at 1103 Galvin Rd in University Plaza. back in the 1980s. That was the first place I ever had a cheesesteak sandwich. It closed in the late 80s or early 90s. That spot became a Blimpie, then was American Heroes, and I think is now For the Love of Food Cafe.
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2138
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Chartroose Caboose)

Post by djc311 »

ChadJK wrote: Tue Dec 02, 2025 2:50 pm
bbinks wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:54 am Anybody remember the Chartroose Caboose?
Chartroose Caboose still has two locations in the KC area:
12976 W 87th St Pkwy, Lenexa, KS 66215
10636 Metcalf Ave, Overland Park, KS 66212
I was told the guy that started the Chartroose stores in Omaha was responsible for creating Pepper Jax.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036556
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Chartroose Caboose)

Post by Brad »

djc311 wrote: Wed Dec 03, 2025 10:28 am
ChadJK wrote: Tue Dec 02, 2025 2:50 pm
bbinks wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:54 am Anybody remember the Chartroose Caboose?
Chartroose Caboose still has two locations in the KC area:
12976 W 87th St Pkwy, Lenexa, KS 66215
10636 Metcalf Ave, Overland Park, KS 66212
I was told the guy that started the Chartroose stores in Omaha was responsible for creating Pepper Jax.
Yep, its the Gary's Quick Steak guy, Gary Rohwer.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110948
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Chartroose Caboose)

Post by nebugeater »

djc311 wrote: Wed Dec 03, 2025 10:28 am
ChadJK wrote: Tue Dec 02, 2025 2:50 pm
bbinks wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:54 am Anybody remember the Chartroose Caboose?
Chartroose Caboose still has two locations in the KC area:
12976 W 87th St Pkwy, Lenexa, KS 66215
10636 Metcalf Ave, Overland Park, KS 66212
I was told the guy that started the Chartroose stores in Omaha was responsible for creating Pepper Jax.

Pepper Jax was a startup of Gary Rohwer and his wife. He is the owner of Glenn Valley Foods, which markets the Jerry's Quick Steak products to grocery stores. There is a story that says he got his inspiration for the cheese steak sandwich that became Pepper Jax at Chartroose
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
zippy
Library Board
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:55 pm
Location: Harvey Oaks

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by zippy »

Now that Pepperjax is, well, not their old self, who makes a good cheese steak sandwich these days, like Chartroose Caboose used to, or the place that was down the hill from Mutual on Farnam in the '80's. I loved their "Double Double Mushroom Mushroom" cheesesteak sandwich.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036556
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Brad »

zippy wrote: Wed Dec 03, 2025 10:37 am Now that Pepperjax is, well, not their old self, who makes a good cheese steak sandwich these days, like Chartroose Caboose used to, or the place that was down the hill from Mutual on Farnam in the '80's. I loved their "Double Double Mushroom Mushroom" cheesesteak sandwich.
Been discussed a lot over here:

https://www.eomahaforums.com/viewtopic. ... lit=Philly
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Charleys)

Post by ChadJK »

zippy wrote: Wed Dec 03, 2025 10:37 am Now that Pepperjax is, well, not their old self, who makes a good cheese steak sandwich these days, like Chartroose Caboose used to, or the place that was down the hill from Mutual on Farnam in the '80's. I loved their "Double Double Mushroom Mushroom" cheesesteak sandwich.
I had a surprisingly good one at Charleys a few years ago (a mall food court chain), but I see the only one left in the Omaha area is at the BX food court on Offutt AFB.. So, that's not much of an option for most people. Nevertheless, Charleys makes a tasty cheesesteak.

https://www.charleys.com/
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Raising Cane's)

Post by ChadJK »

ChadJK wrote: Tue Jul 15, 2025 12:48 pm
nebugeater wrote: Tue Jul 15, 2025 12:30 pm
ChadJK wrote: Tue Jul 15, 2025 9:17 am Who has the best fast food chicken tenders and why is it Long John Silver's?
Cane's wins every time over LJS in my opinion
Juicy but flavorless. That's why Cane's Sauce is so popular. If their chicken cannot stand on its own, then you may as well save yourself some money and skip ordering the chicken and just get a spoon. Then you can just spoon the Cane's Sauce into your mouth as that's all you were ever doing with their bland chicken fingers anyway. :P
I just read a funny one today that I had to share. "It tastes like the only seasoning Raising Cane's uses on their Chicken Fingers is Aquafina." lol :lol:
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7328
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

I'll give Cane's that it seems to be quality chicken, but its very standard. I'd never eat it without the sauce, and with as much their concept might as well be the kids menu, I'm surprised they even have coleslaw and the sauce.
Padre
Human Relations
Posts: 925
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Padre »

Busguy2010 wrote: Wed Dec 03, 2025 5:41 pm I'll give Cane's that it seems to be quality chicken, but its very standard. I'd never eat it without the sauce, and with as much their concept might as well be the kids menu, I'm surprised they even have coleslaw and the sauce.
If you order the three strips meal instead of four, you don’t get the coleslaw. I found that out late one night a few weeks ago, though not until I got home and opened the box! :oops:
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Raising Cane’s)

Post by ChadJK »

They use quality chicken and it’s very juicy, but that’s where it ends. Here’s how I know it’s not great. If you drove up to a Raising Cane‘s and the drive-through menu board had a sign in it that said, “Sorry, we’re out of Cane’s Sauce” would you still order from there? I’m guessing the answer is no for 90% of people. The fact that their chicken is so heavily dependent upon a condiment is what proves it’s not that great.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7328
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Raising Cane’s)

Post by Busguy2010 »

ChadJK wrote: Wed Dec 03, 2025 9:45 pm “Sorry, we’re out of Cane’s Sauce” would you still order from there?
That's a big fat no for me. I really can't remember the last time I went there, and I'm always perplexed when I see that big long line... I just don't know what it is. Its like the white rice of chicken-focused fast food, yet somehow it's that popular. If they just tried something mildly creative, like a spicy version, maybe, maybe I'd feel compelled to go there. But I'd still have doubts that it would be very inspiring. So probably not. It's bread and butter, I guess I can't blame em.
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8989
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Greg S »

Just tried the new Steak and Poblano Rolled Quesadilla at Taco Bell. It's really good. Normally I never really like any of their new stuff, but wow, it was really good. Enough so that I'd like to see it as a permanent menu item.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Taco Bell)

Post by ChadJK »

Greg S wrote: Thu Dec 04, 2025 9:50 am Just tried the new Steak and Poblano Rolled Quesadilla at Taco Bell. It's really good. Normally I never really like any of their new stuff, but wow, it was really good. Enough so that I'd like to see it as a permanent menu item.
One of the best things Taco Bell has done is add the ability to get nearly anything grilled. When using the app or the kiosk to customize your orders one of the free options is "Make It Grilled" Try it on some of your go-to burritos. It really takes them to the next level.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7328
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

I was in the area of Pizza hut, filling up, and the scent of Pizza hut breadsticks graced my nostrils. Got me. And I, for all intents and purposes, never get Pizza hut. So I figured aw heck, I'll drive right across the street and just walk in. I figured breadsticks was just something they had cooked all the time, but I waited, NBD. Lady was nice. So I drove home eagerly, smelling and thinking about them and the sauce, and they gave me like a shot glass full of sauce lol.

I can't eat them without sauce, but I'll be darned if I go back out just to buy a jar or can of sauce. So essentially, Ill be eating a protein bar now. Oh well. They give you 5 breadsticks, but only enough sauce for one 😂

I guess you could say my naive butt was expecting maybe a 4 oz container, about the size of KFC sides. Seemed like a perfectly reasonable expectation. But it was one of those 2oz containers. The damn breadsick barely even fit in it :lol:

Oh well, next time I go to the store I'll buy a can. They won't be wasted. I always loved their breadsticks growing up.
Stan
Library Board
Posts: 461
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Stan »

We had Pizza Hut a few months back and it hit the spot. I think a lot of fast food places need to lean in on people's nostalgia for what they used to do right. Pizza Hut needs to go all in on this with the red cups, chandeleirs, buffet, and even just a single wait staff or two rather than ordering at the front.
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2138
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by djc311 »

Stan wrote: Mon Dec 08, 2025 8:53 am We had Pizza Hut a few months back and it hit the spot. I think a lot of fast food places need to lean in on people's nostalgia for what they used to do right. Pizza Hut needs to go all in on this with the red cups, chandeleirs, buffet, and even just a single wait staff or two rather than ordering at the front.
Funny you said "red cups"... we picked up some plastic red cups this summer to use occasionally for dinner at home. Every time I use them I think of Pizza Hut. Can't remember for sure, but I think Godfathers and some others used similar products.

Man, sometimes I just miss the 80's/90's and how things were done. I still want to bring back WC Frank's.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Wanted to mention that I went to Arby’s this past Sunday to order their steak nuggets (which are not on the menu anymore, but still had when I asked) and I noticed they have brought back their Arby-Q sandwich. They currently have them 2 for $6 which is a pretty good deal..

I remember someone here a while back mentioning how much they missed the Arby-Q. It’s back…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2138
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by djc311 »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Wed Jan 07, 2026 10:41 am Wanted to mention that I went to Arby’s this past Sunday to order their steak nuggets (which are not on the menu anymore, but still had when I asked) and I noticed they have brought back their Arby-Q sandwich. They currently have them 2 for $6 which is a pretty good deal..

I remember someone here a while back mentioning how much they missed the Arby-Q. It’s back…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
I had replied saying this is great news... however, on lunch today I was thinking the Arby-Q deal was a good idea so I went to the location on 108th & L (well, between L and Q). First, they didn't even have the Arby-Q on the menu and it's not listed in the app, either. But I did confirm with the employee they had the sandwich - but not 2 for $6 now. He said it would be almost $10 if I wanted to buy two.

I know that's not the end of the world, but I opted to pass. Makes me wonder if the promo is done if they're going to remove them altogether again.

Oh well - I tried! LOL
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7328
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

I loved the Arby-Q as a kid. I don't think I've had it since they've brought it back the last couple times though. My mom and dad go on little outings and the Dairy Den in MO Valley is one of their favorite places to eat. I never really understood, its a small town walk up. I wouldnt say the food is really something to drive out for, but they enjoy it. They have a BBQ pork sandwich that I'd be darned if it wasnt just like the Arby-Q, so when they go there and they call me up, I'll be obliged to accept the offer haha. Thats where I've gotten my BBQ sandwich fill.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7328
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

I, myself went to the Saddle Creek Family Fare a little bit ago, and on my way out, I saw a flyer for $6.99 8-piece fried chicken. Normally $10.99. Done deal. There was about 8 groups of 2-3 people in line so they were really crankin it out. I often forget that, no lie, Family Fare has some of the best fried chicken, and the line showed. Took it home, and it has not changed since the days of No-Frills, same with the beans. In a good way.

Its just amazing to me that, when considering "best fried chicken in Omaha", Family Fare is legitimately up there in the mix. Its some darn good stuff, where you really wouldn't think you'd find it.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7328
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

djc311 wrote: Wed Jan 07, 2026 10:50 am He said it would be almost $10 if I wanted to buy two.
Thats crazy talk. IIRC the Arby-Q used to be the likes of a dollar menu item. So they took them away and bring them back at a premium? I guess if they're bigger... But the ones I remember before they took them away were meant to be a bargain item. I'd pass too.
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2138
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by djc311 »

Busguy2010 wrote: Wed Jan 07, 2026 4:03 pm
djc311 wrote: Wed Jan 07, 2026 10:50 am He said it would be almost $10 if I wanted to buy two.
Thats crazy talk. IIRC the Arby-Q used to be the likes of a dollar menu item. So they took them away and bring them back at a premium? I guess if they're bigger... But the ones I remember before they took them away were meant to be a bargain item. I'd pass too.
I still remember the 5 for $5 roast beef special... then it went to $5.55... then after that I kinda lost track. If they could do 5 for $9.99 I suppose that would still be cheaper than menu prices, but damn.
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Posts: 6013
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by nativeomahan »

Busguy2010 wrote: Wed Jan 07, 2026 3:56 pm I, myself went to the Saddle Creek Family Fare a little bit ago, and on my way out, I saw a flyer for $6.99 8-piece fried chicken. Normally $10.99. Done deal. There was about 8 groups of 2-3 people in line so they were really crankin it out. I often forget that, no lie, Family Fare has some of the best fried chicken, and the line showed. Took it home, and it has not changed since the days of No-Frills, same with the beans. In a good way.

Its just amazing to me that, when considering "best fried chicken in Omaha", Family Fare is legitimately up there in the mix. Its some darn good stuff, where you really wouldn't think you'd find it.
Their fried chicken is absolutely addictive! And a bargain even at full price.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7328
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

nativeomahan wrote: Wed Jan 07, 2026 6:35 pm Their fried chicken is absolutely addictive! And a bargain even at full price.
It brings me joy every time I get it, especially when its that price! I'll take that as a late holiday gift. Made my week, er, my year so far lol.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

djc311 wrote: Wed Jan 07, 2026 10:50 am
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Wed Jan 07, 2026 10:41 am Wanted to mention that I went to Arby’s this past Sunday to order their steak nuggets (which are not on the menu anymore, but still had when I asked) and I noticed they have brought back their Arby-Q sandwich. They currently have them 2 for $6 which is a pretty good deal..

I remember someone here a while back mentioning how much they missed the Arby-Q. It’s back…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
I had replied saying this is great news... however, on lunch today I was thinking the Arby-Q deal was a good idea so I went to the location on 108th & L (well, between L and Q). First, they didn't even have the Arby-Q on the menu and it's not listed in the app, either. But I did confirm with the employee they had the sandwich - but not 2 for $6 now. He said it would be almost $10 if I wanted to buy two.

I know that's not the end of the world, but I opted to pass. Makes me wonder if the promo is done if they're going to remove them altogether again.

Oh well - I tried! LOL
Interesting how the pricing fluctuates from store to store..last Sunday, the Arby’s off 120th and Center had the Arby-Q two for $6.. Unless something changed from last Sunday 1/4 to yesterday 1/7, that pricing is a wild fluctuation. I think the consumer appreciates more, consistently in both item availability and pricing..

Stating the obvious of course, but starting to see evidence of these item/pricing issues more and more the last several years…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2138
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by djc311 »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Thu Jan 08, 2026 10:27 am
djc311 wrote: Wed Jan 07, 2026 10:50 am
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Wed Jan 07, 2026 10:41 am Wanted to mention that I went to Arby’s this past Sunday to order their steak nuggets (which are not on the menu anymore, but still had when I asked) and I noticed they have brought back their Arby-Q sandwich. They currently have them 2 for $6 which is a pretty good deal..

I remember someone here a while back mentioning how much they missed the Arby-Q. It’s back…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
I had replied saying this is great news... however, on lunch today I was thinking the Arby-Q deal was a good idea so I went to the location on 108th & L (well, between L and Q). First, they didn't even have the Arby-Q on the menu and it's not listed in the app, either. But I did confirm with the employee they had the sandwich - but not 2 for $6 now. He said it would be almost $10 if I wanted to buy two.

I know that's not the end of the world, but I opted to pass. Makes me wonder if the promo is done if they're going to remove them altogether again.

Oh well - I tried! LOL
Interesting how the pricing fluctuates from store to store..last Sunday, the Arby’s off 120th and Center had the Arby-Q two for $6.. Unless something changed from last Sunday 1/4 to yesterday 1/7, that pricing is a wild fluctuation. I think the consumer appreciates more, consistently in both item availability and pricing..

Stating the obvious of course, but starting to see evidence of these item/pricing issues more and more the last several years…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
I've definitely seen different franchisees set their own prices that don't align with other stores. But it's annoying.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Taco Bell)

Post by ChadJK »

The Quesarito and Volcano Sauce are back at Taco Bell for a limited time.

I hear they're getting the Taco Salad back for a limited time too. I'm not sure when that starts (probably when the Quesarito is removed). It's supposed to be a mini version of the Taco Salad. The original was made by frying a 10" tortilla to make the shell, so I presume the new one will be made by frying a 6" tortilla to make the shell (the same tortilla they use for the fried shell on the Mexican Pizza). This is all pure speculation though.
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2138
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Taco Bell)

Post by djc311 »

ChadJK wrote: Fri Jan 09, 2026 9:30 am The Quesarito and Volcano Sauce are back at Taco Bell for a limited time.

I hear they're getting the Taco Salad back for a limited time too. I'm not sure when that starts (probably when the Quesarito is removed). It's supposed to be a mini version of the Taco Salad. The original was made by frying a 10" tortilla to make the shell, so I presume the new one will be made by frying a 6" tortilla to make the shell (the same tortilla they use for the fried shell on the Mexican Pizza). This is all pure speculation though.
I like the Mexican pizza... but just like everything else, it's way overpriced now. Miss the TB days of buying a family's worth of food for less than $25. I'm lucky to get out of their drive thru for under $40 if I'm buying for the four of us. And what's really sad is that's only one drink included (my 13 year old likes their frozen Baja Blast Mtn Dew which by itself is around $4).

Soon they'll be pushing Qdoba/Chipotle prices.

Just checked the basic Quesarito and it's $5.50. Add ANYTHING beyond what's included and you're looking about another $0.75-$1.00 (pico is $0.75).

Not sure if TB's are all company owned or franchised but man they must make a killing!

Wonder if YUM Foods successfully sold off the Pizza Hut portion. They're probably tired of selling $6 pizzas when they can charge the same for one menu item at TB.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Taco Bell)

Post by ChadJK »

djc311 wrote: Fri Jan 09, 2026 9:46 am Not sure if TB's are all company owned or franchised but man they must make a killing!
The local ones were all corporate-owned, but that changed about 10 years ago when Taco Bell sold them all to a franchisee. That's a bummer too. I've always felt that for most chains the corporate locations are better run than the franchise locations. Especially when it comes to maintenance. Franchisees are just too cheap to spend any money fixing potholes or replacing worn-out furniture.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036556
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Taco Bell)

Post by Brad »

ChadJK wrote: Fri Jan 09, 2026 10:33 am
djc311 wrote: Fri Jan 09, 2026 9:46 am Not sure if TB's are all company owned or franchised but man they must make a killing!
The local ones were all corporate-owned, but that changed about 10 years ago when Taco Bell sold them all to a franchisee. That's a bummer too. I've always felt that for most chains the corporate locations are better run than the franchise locations. Especially when it comes to maintenance. Franchisees are just too cheap to spend any money fixing potholes or replacing worn-out furniture.
It depends on the franchise agreement. Many of the big companies do require franchises to remodel every X number of years and also keep up with routine maintenance. Not sure on how this is enforced.

I was curious about TB Franchise, but Google Says. Haza Bell of Nebraska LLC is a primary franchisee operating Taco Bell locations in Omaha, NE area. They are From Sugarland Texas. They (Or their sister companies an LLC's) own many of the buildings Omaha stores too.