Pollo Feliz (513 Fort Crook Road North)
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Pollo Feliz (513 Fort Crook Road North)
A popular México based restaurant chain will open soon in Bellevue, on Ft. Crook Road North in what as I recall once was a Pizza Hut then later a German restaurant before who knows what else. Pollo Feliz, which I’m quite certain is the first restaurant operating in Puerto Vallarta (at least 10 locations) to come to metro Omaha. Don’t expect gourmet Mexican food, as this is more fast casual in concept, specializing in marinated rotisserie roasted chicken, but with numerous other options. I’ve only eaten at one of their locations a couple of times, as they have lots of similar competition in PV. Still, it is nice to see that Omaha is on their radar screen as they slowly expand into the United States.
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11629
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: Pollo Feliz (513 Fort Crook Road North)
Good to see something in that building. It was Golden Bowl most recently, until they moved next door about 4-5 years ago. They were using it at first, but I think its been vacant for some time.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036562
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Pollo Feliz (513 Fort Crook Road North)
Grow Omaha wrote:Pollo Feliz
513 Fort Crook Road North
Opening March 13

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
ChadJK
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2504
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm
Re: Pollo Feliz (513 Fort Crook Road North)
IIRC, the building at 513 Fort Crook Rd N was a Pizza Hut, then John & Fran's (Italian), then Victoria's (Salvadoran), then Zum Biergarten (German), then Golden Bowl (Chinese - this was their original location), and now apparently, Pollo Feliz.nativeomahan wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2026 11:10 am ...Bellevue, on Ft. Crook Road North in what as I recall once was a Pizza Hut then later a German restaurant before who knows what else.
I have relatives that have rotated employment through a couple of those owners over the years. Also, that Pizza Hut was our family's Friday dinner tradition for many years.
-
ChadJK
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2504
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm
Re: Pollo Feliz (513 Fort Crook Road North)
Is this the correct website?
https://www.pollofeliz.com/
https://www.pollofeliz.com/
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Re: Pollo Feliz (513 Fort Crook Road North)
Sí, es correcto.
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Re: Pollo Feliz (513 Fort Crook Road North)
I’m not likely to drive 15 miles to eat some rotisserie chicken, but I wish them well.
-
Louie
- County Board
- Posts: 4936
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
- Location: Dundee
Re: Pollo Feliz (513 Fort Crook Road North)
Are there any of these in PV?nativeomahan wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2026 10:53 am I’m not likely to drive 15 miles to eat some rotisserie chicken, but I wish them well.
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Re: Pollo Feliz (513 Fort Crook Road North)
About 10 locations in the metro. They compete with countless other businesses that essentially serve the same menu. No one has to walk very far without passing by a rotisserie chicken place.Louie wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2026 12:11 pmAre there any of these in PV?nativeomahan wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2026 10:53 am I’m not likely to drive 15 miles to eat some rotisserie chicken, but I wish them well.
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Re: Pollo Feliz (513 Fort Crook Road North)
Well in the interests of investigative journalism or maybe just because I was hungry after seeing a show, I decided to check out a Pollo Feliz store tonight. It had been several years since my last visit. I ordered the half chicken dinner, which comes with chips and salsa, a roasted chili pepper and two large sides of your choice. This is essentially Mexican diner food in a fast food atmosphere. The waitress took my order at my table, and within 3 minutes brought out my dinner, taking two trips because it was too large to carry out all at once.
This is quintessential rotisserie grilled chicken. I’ve had better, and I’ve had worse. I chose Mac and cheese and a nopales salad for my two sides. It was quite a bit to eat but I managed to do it. The cost, with tax and pre tip, was just about $12.50 US.
I was the only native English speaking person in the restaurant, which I always take as a good sign that I’m eating legit Mexican food here in Vallarta.







This is quintessential rotisserie grilled chicken. I’ve had better, and I’ve had worse. I chose Mac and cheese and a nopales salad for my two sides. It was quite a bit to eat but I managed to do it. The cost, with tax and pre tip, was just about $12.50 US.
I was the only native English speaking person in the restaurant, which I always take as a good sign that I’m eating legit Mexican food here in Vallarta.







-
remline
- Library Board
- Posts: 263
- Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2024 10:38 am
Re: Pollo Feliz (513 Fort Crook Road North)
Thank you for the excellent investigative journalism. The food looks quite good! I'm not too confident that I could eat the chicken with a plastic fork.nativeomahan wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2026 11:01 pm Well in the interests of investigative journalism or maybe just because I was hungry after seeing a show, I decided to check out a Pollo Feliz store tonight. It had been several years since my last visit. I ordered the half chicken dinner, which comes with chips and salsa, a roasted chili pepper and two large sides of your choice. This is essentially Mexican diner food in a fast food atmosphere. The waitress took my order at my table, and within 3 minutes brought out my dinner, taking two trips because it was too large to carry out all at once.
This is quintessential rotisserie grilled chicken. I’ve had better, and I’ve had worse. I chose Mac and cheese and a nopales salad for my two sides. It was quite a bit to eat but I managed to do it. The cost, with tax and pre tip, was just about $12.50 US.
I was the only native English speaking person in the restaurant, which I always take as a good sign that I’m eating legit Mexican food here in Vallarta.
But who am I to believe: "I’ve had better," or Pollo Feliz's tagline: "No hay otro mejor."