Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Discussion of current events, news, the latest happenings in Omaha
Stan
Library Board
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:55 pm

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Post by Stan »

I really enjoyed Lanterns. If you're expecting a bunch of big super hero fights and special effects all the time, you'll be disappointed. It uses the concepts of super heros as plot devices for a pretty good story. Kyle Chandler was great in the entirety of it.

I've never been to Rushville and didn't know it existed so you could have told me they actually filmed there and I might have believed it.
Doctor Fate
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1278
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:31 pm
Location: DC Metro

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Post by Doctor Fate »

nebugeater wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2026 7:16 pm
Doctor Fate wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2026 7:04 pm Not Omaha, but Nebraska.....anyone watch Lanterns on HBO Max? Great show and most of the show takes place in Rushville, NE with lots of references to the Huskers.
Have heard about it, and it is on my list. I have HBO Max. Overall, is it any good beyond the Nebraska tie? I know you said it's a great show but I want to clarify the "great"
It's definitely a character-driven show. Lots of character depth, tie-ins to Lantern lore, and intriguing plots, but like Stan said the big super hero fighter and special effects are used to move plot points and character development forward and not purely for spectacle.
User avatar
Uffda
County Board
Posts: 4622
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:52 am
Location: Land o Lakes, FL

Re: Omaha ALL OVER national media lately

Post by Uffda »

Doctor Fate wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2026 7:04 pm Not Omaha, but Nebraska.....anyone watch Lanterns on HBO Max? Great show and most of the show takes place in Rushville, NE with lots of references to the Huskers.
Yeah I watched it and it was good. Last episode was this week and even Rhule was in it - recruiting rushville’s star QB. :D
We are the people our parents warned us about.

Jimmy Buffett