Over the weekend I started seeing the first ash trees starting to turn yellow. Other an some random "Man Made Maple" trees and random sumac patches, I always think Ash Trees are the first sure sign of fall.
After work today I was practicing flying my new sky camera. I took one shot towards downtown from 90th and Center and there wasn't much color, but then I shot one NW towards Old Mill and there are yellow ash trees everywhere. I wonder if they started planting ash trees as the city moved west of 72nd street? In the second photo below, most of those ash trees are in the Regency and Sunset Hills neighborhoods.
1. Downtown from 90th and West Center
2. Old Mill from 90th and West Center
.
2026 Fall Color Thread
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036613
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
2026 Fall Color Thread
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
thenewguy
- County Board
- Posts: 4356
- Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:50 am
- Location: Council Bluffs
Re: 2026 Fall Color Thread
is it just me, or does Omaha have a lot of trees? Not a bad thing by any means, it really looks impressive in the photos. Never really struck me like that before.
Go Cubs Go
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11644
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:26 pm
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: 2026 Fall Color Thread
Great photos. I know that we talked about it before, but the city just recently cut down all the ash trees on the east side of the creek by Aksarben Village. I wonder if they plan on replacing those with something else