You’re going to make merchants who sell here walk blocks with their goods?Mapguy wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2026 8:21 pm Why are we allowing surface parking in the site-plan when there is a 4 story parking garage accross the street?
20 spots for a 50,000 sqft building? Like is this suppose to be princess parking for the doners? I need the thought process on necessity of this surface lot
Omaha RiverFront Market (SEC 8th and Farnam St)
-
NEDodger
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1361
- Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:19 am
Re: Omaha RiverFront Market (SEC 8th and Farnam St)
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6019
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Re: Omaha RiverFront Market (SEC 8th and Farnam St)
I counted closer to 70 in the lot. Street side parking is also an option.
So is Orbit and the streetcar. And (gasp!) for downtown/Old Market area residents, walking.
So is Orbit and the streetcar. And (gasp!) for downtown/Old Market area residents, walking.
-
Renovator2559
- Human Relations
- Posts: 956
- Joined: Tue May 23, 2023 7:48 pm
- Location: Midtown Omaha
Re: Omaha RiverFront Market (SEC 8th and Farnam St)
Let's not forget that they turned the Brickline parking garage into a monthly. It was interesting how I could no longer use that garage to park, I guess there objective now is to just serve their residentsDusty wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 10:31 pmI agree. The parking lot is not necessary. Lots of parking options nearby and the streetcar within walking distance.JDJase wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 9:57 pm Why is there a parking lot at all? There’s a garage mere feet away with 643 public parking spaces in the Mercantile. Not to mention the proposed garage a block away under 480.
They could easily double the market by developing the surface lot later.
I can see a lot of people trying to park here to access the skate rink or pork. This will take away spots from people trying to visit the market. Unless they plan on charging for parking. If you purchase something, they can validate the ticket to be free.
Home sweet, home...Omaha!
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036616
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Omaha RiverFront Market (SEC 8th and Farnam St)
That’s not true. If you enter from 8th street it’s hourly. The monthly is when you enter from Farnam.“Renovator2559” wrote:
Let's not forget that they turned the Brickline parking garage into a monthly. It was interesting how I could no longer use that garage to park, I guess there objective now is to just serve their residents

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Renovator2559
- Human Relations
- Posts: 956
- Joined: Tue May 23, 2023 7:48 pm
- Location: Midtown Omaha
Re: Omaha RiverFront Market (SEC 8th and Farnam St)
Silly me, good to know, parking is as designed; compartmentalized.Brad wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2026 2:24 amThat’s not true. If you enter from 8th street it’s hourly. The monthly is when you enter from Farnam.“Renovator2559” wrote:
Let's not forget that they turned the Brickline parking garage into a monthly. It was interesting how I could no longer use that garage to park, I guess there objective now is to just serve their residents
Home sweet, home...Omaha!