Aqualung and The Fray @ Sokol 10/9/06

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene
User avatar
w8ing
Human Relations
Posts: 674
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 9:32 pm
Location: Twin Cities

Aqualung and The Fray @ Sokol 10/9/06

Post by w8ing »

From one percent productions email...

Monday, October 9th @ Sokol Auditorium The Fray with Aqualung From the sleepy sprawl of America's Mile-High City comes The Fray, a Denver-based foursome whose melodic pop-rock songs and soaring vocals resonate with sprawling tapestries and tales of hopefulness and heartache. The Fray's style is a sophisticated, emotional blend of tinkling pianos, acoustic and electric guitars, and gently insistent rhythms that serves as an ideal backdrop for Isaac Slade's pitch-perfect, achingly beautiful vocals. Considering the quality of songwriting involved, the band's rise to local prominence within the span of a year doesn't seem so implausible. In January of 2004 The Fray were no-namers trying to find gigs. By December, they were getting radio pick-up and playing sold-out shows.
8pm show - $20 ADV / $23 DOS
Advance Tickets Available July 15th at 10am

I LOVE Aqualung! Matt Hales is my total celebri-crush. I met him when he played with The Fray and Liz Phair at Sokol last December. The BEST THING about this? It's my birthday. I might start believing in god again after finding out about this. HA!
User avatar
w8ing
Human Relations
Posts: 674
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 9:32 pm
Location: Twin Cities

Aqualung and The Fray @ Sokol 10/9/06

Post by w8ing »

Is anyone else going to The Fray show w/ Aqualung on 10/9? I heard it sold out some weeks back.
Hellenistic Kshatriya
Home Owners Association
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:29 pm

Aqualung and The Fray @ Sokol 10/9/06

Post by Hellenistic Kshatriya »

Yea I'm going.