Feel free to move this where ever. It is also running on CNN today.
http://money.cnn.com/video/news/2010/05 ... .cnnmoney/
CNN Money video feature
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:12 pm
CNN Money video feature
Stable genius.
-
S33
- County Board
- Posts: 4430
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 5:15 pm
CNN Money video feature
Actually pretty decent. They didn't interview a bunch of local idiots, either.
-
joeglow
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2645
- Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:04 am
CNN Money video feature
Thanks.
And this, my friend, is why I like living in Omaha so much. We don't upset away all our money chasing the hottest newest toy and are better off in the long term because of it.
And this, my friend, is why I like living in Omaha so much. We don't upset away all our money chasing the hottest newest toy and are better off in the long term because of it.
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:46 pm
CNN Money video feature
I was just going to post this. It was playing on CNN right as I got in to work today.
Unfortunately, the TV didn't have sound, only the caption, so I mainly could just see that they were featuring a lot of great shots of the Old Market during the lunch hour, as there were people in business attire on the streets. It portrayed a great image of Omaha.
*EDIT: I just watched the full video. Wow! What a stellar profile of Omaha! Shots of RFP TII, Midtown Crossing, the stadium, plentiful flattering Old Market shots, the skyline, shots of M's Pub, Vivace, La Buvette, etc. and some wonderful "street interviews".
Excellent!!!
Unfortunately, the TV didn't have sound, only the caption, so I mainly could just see that they were featuring a lot of great shots of the Old Market during the lunch hour, as there were people in business attire on the streets. It portrayed a great image of Omaha.
*EDIT: I just watched the full video. Wow! What a stellar profile of Omaha! Shots of RFP TII, Midtown Crossing, the stadium, plentiful flattering Old Market shots, the skyline, shots of M's Pub, Vivace, La Buvette, etc. and some wonderful "street interviews".
Excellent!!!
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
-
Tornado
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 189
- Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:52 pm
- Location: West Omaha
CNN Money video feature
What a cool video, really portrays Omaha as growing, vibrant city. I especially liked the footage of the tower crane and workers on RFP II and of course all the Old Market footage. Thanks for posting that.