bamboo plant
-
mil2mil8508
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 4:16 pm
- Location: Omaha - ??
bamboo plant
I'm trying to find individual long bamboo sticks but all I keep finding are bamboo that are in pots. I've tried Apple Orchid, Mullhalls, walmart, home depot, lowes but all they have are plants. If anyone knows another place it would be very appreciated. Thanks!!
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:46 pm
bamboo plant
Try calling up rug/carpet stores. Sometimes oriental rugs are rolled up on bamboo when they are shipped. The places usually just throw them out, so they would probably just give them to you if they have 'em.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
-
InTheO!
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:02 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
bamboo plant
If your looking for individual plants you can try PetSmart or PetCo they sell them in the aquarium section. If your looking for dried out bamboo I bet Hobby Lobby or Michaels would carry that. If you tried Walmart did you look in the kitchen section? They carry bamboo cooking spoons and there's always bamboo placemats you could take apart.
-
RockHarbor
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2083
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:42 am
- Location: Silver State
bamboo plant
I see long, golden bamboo sticks (sold in a pack) all the time. I've seen them at Hobby Lobby, Michael's (I think), and I was just in Shopko yesterday, and I'm sure I saw some there. You might also try Garden Ridge (132nd & Center). They have a lot of stuff like that. Love that store...