U2 Coming To OMAHA
-
OmahaRules
- Library Board
- Posts: 263
- Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:48 pm
- Location: Lincoln (school)
U2 Coming To OMAHA
*Removed OWH Article*
Last edited by OmahaRules on Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
jsheets
- Human Relations
- Posts: 596
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:06 pm
- Location: West Papio Lakes
U2 Coming To OMAHA
Definitely the largest act that the Qwest has ever booked, by far!
From this list of dates off the newswire, it looks like KC was skipped over for Omaha!
From this list of dates off the newswire, it looks like KC was skipped over for Omaha!
Sept. 12, 14: Toronto (Air Canada Centre)
Sept. 20-21: Chicago (United Center)
Sept. 23: Minneapolis (Target Center)
Sept. 25: Milwaukee (Bradley Center)
Oct. 3-4: Boston (Fleet Center)
Oct. 7-8, 10: New York (Madison Square Garden)
Oct. 16-17: Philadelphia (Wachovia Center)
Oct. 19-20: Washington, D.C. (MCI Center)
Oct. 22: Pittsburgh (Mellon Arena)
Oct. 24: Detroit (Palace of Auburn Hills)
Oct. 28: Houston (Toyota Center)
Oct. 29: Dallas (American Airlines Arena)
Nov. 1-2: Los Angeles (Staples Center)
Nov. 13: Miami (American Airlines Arena)
Nov. 16: Tampa (St. Pete Times Forum)
Nov. 18: Atlanta (Philips Arena)
Nov. 25: Ottawa (Corel Centre)
Nov. 26: Montreal (Bell Centre)
Dec. 7: Hartford, Conn. (Civic Center)
Dec. 9: Buffalo, N.Y. (HSBC Arena)
Dec. 10: Cleveland (Gund Arena)
Dec. 14: St. Louis (Savvis Center)
Dec. 15: Omaha, Neb. (Qwest Center)
Dec. 17: Salt Lake City (Delta Center)
Dec. 19: Portland, Ore. (Rose Garden)
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
U2 Coming To OMAHA
'From this list of dates off the newswire, it looks like KC was skipped over for Omaha! '..
How classic is that!..Although it appears that Omaha got the snub from Elton John who recently booked a show at Kemper Arena. Lets hope MECA can stillwrangle a date from him..
This is a huge 'get' for the Omaha music scene..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
How classic is that!..Although it appears that Omaha got the snub from Elton John who recently booked a show at Kemper Arena. Lets hope MECA can stillwrangle a date from him..
This is a huge 'get' for the Omaha music scene..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
KCPowercat
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:33 pm
U2 Coming To OMAHA
Congrats on the land.....looks like I'll be up in Omaha in Dec. I highly recommend this show...I don't even go to concerts anymore but these guys put on a great one.
U2 usually sells ga tickets as well that you have to stand in line for...and they are some of the best seats at the show...so if you have the time, I recommend waiting in line.
U2 usually sells ga tickets as well that you have to stand in line for...and they are some of the best seats at the show...so if you have the time, I recommend waiting in line.
-
GoWest
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 223
- Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:10 pm
- Location: Omaha
U2 Coming To OMAHA
This is great news! Although with them not going to KC this is going to be an even harder ticket to get.
-
omahahawk
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1187
- Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:16 pm
U2 Coming To OMAHA
ROCK ON! This RULES! Only bad thing though, this is going to be one tough ticket to get.
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
U2 Coming To OMAHA
Not being a big U2 fan, do they typically add shows when the first sells out quickly? It would be a greatthing for DTO if they were in town for two consecutive nights leading into that weekend - where I see they happen to have an opening on Friday.
Too bad we wouldn't have a shiny new tall hotel to put everyone in, though. ;)
-Big E
Too bad we wouldn't have a shiny new tall hotel to put everyone in, though. ;)
-Big E
-
omahahawk
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1187
- Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:16 pm
U2 Coming To OMAHA
I know. MECA should try to persuade the U2 management to put on two shows. They'd probably be able to sell out three, no problem. Looks like anybody who wants a ticket better be prepared to do some camping.
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
U2 Coming To OMAHA
This is so cool! I hope they do add another show because their is no way in heck I could save up the money with all of the other concerts that are coming.
And take that KC.
And take that KC.
DTO
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
U2 Coming To OMAHA
One thing I noticed is Omaha is the smallest city on that list. It's cool to see our city and arena up there with LA, NYC, Chicago and all the other big cities. 
DTO
-
omahahawk
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1187
- Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:16 pm
U2 Coming To OMAHA
Looks like only the biggest cities are getting multiple shows. Oh well, I mean it U2. They got to draw the line somewhere or they'd be spending about a week in each city.
-
omahahawk
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1187
- Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:16 pm
U2 Coming To OMAHA
Well DTO, I think U2 likes to do a lot of shows in the round. Your extra seats would come in handy if that is going to be the case but I figure they'll do an end stage set up this December. So much for the white elephant theory.
http://www.theomahachannel.com/news/4263485/detail.html
http://www.theomahachannel.com/news/4263485/detail.html
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106375
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
U2 Coming To OMAHA
When the MECA pres (Roger Dixon, right?) was on Todd & Tyler last week they discussed the Elton John thing. Omaha and St. Louis both had shows the same week but they got cancelled because there was a scheduling conflict during that week. I don't believe there was an intentional snubbing.Omaha Cowboy wrote:Although it appears that Omaha got the snub from Elton John who recently booked a show at Kemper Arena.
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
U2 Coming To OMAHA
Probably a poor choice of words on my part AlmightyTuna..Most likely a conflict not a snubbing..
And you are correct..Roger Dixon is the MECA President/CEO..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
And you are correct..Roger Dixon is the MECA President/CEO..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
U2 Coming To OMAHA
I think this proves my point even more about the seats. Why would MECA not try to rake in as much cash as they can for a band like U2? I know they do alot of in the round shows. I saw the concert in Boston at the Fleet Center and it was like that. The way I see it (and hopefully MECA) is that if we can capitalize on our unexpected success now, that adding more seats will attract big shows and keep Omaha viable for longer.omahahawk wrote:Well DTO, I think U2 likes to do a lot of shows in the round. Your extra seats would come in handy if that is going to be the case but I figure they'll do an end stage set up this December.
If they do a regular set up at the Qwest they could only fit 15,000. If they do a center stage one w/o the extra seats that's 17,260. (19,270 after and maybe more since Dixon had considered another 500 seats). Like my source said last year, the seats would start to go up sometime after CU finished playing. They're done at home so I hope we hear someting soon. Another thing to consider is that U2 could have easily gone to Kemper with 19,000+ seats already. I think that MECA is letting others know about the seats before the public so they can use it as a "recruiting" tool.
DTO
-
Jays Fan
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:20 pm
U2 Coming To OMAHA
The extra seats don't look like they will be done by the beginning of the CU basketball season this fall. Season ticket renewals were sent out and they have the configuration the same as it was this year.
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
U2 Coming To OMAHA
The flyers could have been made before the seat plans. Also I thought the season tickets were only in the lower bowl? 
DTO
-
omahahawk
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1187
- Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:16 pm
U2 Coming To OMAHA
DTO Luv wrote:The way I see it (and hopefully MECA) is that if we can capitalize on our unexpected success now, that adding more seats will attract big shows and keep Omaha viable for longer.
Next Stop......Springsteen/Rolling Stones/McCartney
-
SychoBC
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 150
- Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:56 pm
U2 Coming To OMAHA
No I have season tix in the upper bowl.DTO Luv wrote:The flyers could have been made before the seat plans. Also I thought the season tickets were only in the lower bowl?
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
U2 Coming To OMAHA
Oh. I didn't know they did seats up there. Did they do that the first year? If not than that's good for CU.
DTO
-
SychoBC
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 150
- Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:56 pm
U2 Coming To OMAHA
Yea we had em up there last year too.
-
omahahawk
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1187
- Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:16 pm
U2 Coming To OMAHA
Guess What?!
Just wanted to formally rant about the ticket lotery system at the QC. Its totally bogus! I can't complain too much because I was only there an hour before the published 09:30 lottery time, but I feel really sorry for the people who got there at seven. It seemed alot of the people who got tickets were actually the people who got there latest, right before the drawing. And these same people and people like them elsewhere were probably buying up the full 8 lot allowment simply for the intention of selling the 6 tickets they knew they weren't going to use at a nice little profit for themselves. Thats bogus! The main gripe I had is that I wish they would have had a 4 ticket limit or something like that in place. I can understand the lottery system because,hey, not everybody has the time and ability to go camp in line for tickets. However, it seems like their could have been a better way to do things. From what I understand, people on the phones/net kept coming within like 5 minutes of being able to get them but each time kept getting pushed back to the end of a 10 minute hold time. Well thats capitalism for you I guess, but just felt like ranting anyway. Just wanted to send a big thanks out there to all the scalpers who tomorrow are going to make a killing in the classifieds. Thanks for making what would have been a great show inaccessible to so many.
-
omahastylee459
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1017
- Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2004 4:48 pm
- Location: Nashua, NH
U2 Coming To OMAHA
OWH reports that the tickets were sold out in 33 minutes after opening up today...thats HUGE, maybe other acts will see the amount of demand that there is here and plan on making stops.
-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:29 am
- Location: West Omaha
U2 Coming To OMAHA
U2 would have sold out in 33 minutes if they were playing in Fargo.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
U2 Coming To OMAHA
Kenny Chesney sold out in less than 20 minutes.omahastylee459 wrote:OWH reports that the tickets were sold out in 33 minutes after opening up today...thats HUGE, maybe other acts will see the amount of demand that there is here and plan on making stops.
I am surprised it took 33 mintues for U2.
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
U2 Coming To OMAHA
I guess that lottery system is used pretty regulurly in big cities. A cousin of mine in DC wanted to go see Prince at the MCI Center last year and came up empty handed because of the lottery system. It really should be first come first serve.
DTO
-
papiostud
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 176
- Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:33 pm
U2 Coming To OMAHA
grr so much for tryin to get em via ticketmaster.com this mornin. 5 years ago it was so easy to get good seats online (ie 2nd row Ricky Martin 99' when he was big...go ahead laugh) This is no longer today! It's no different then waitin in line at the counter booth...you just gotta be lucky with the click of the mouse. Now my only luck is findin them on ebay for $500+ a pop! no thanks
-
jsheets
- Human Relations
- Posts: 596
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:06 pm
- Location: West Papio Lakes
U2 Coming To OMAHA
I stood in line at Baker's and got tickets, but only because I was 20 behind the lottery winner (with around 90 people in line). It still took me 25 minutes to get up to the front. My wife was able to get tickets online as soon as they were available after only a 3 minute hold time.
I didn't go, but I know they used the lottery in Lincoln for the 5 back-to-back Garth Brooks shows in 97.
I think the lottery accomplishes the goal of discouraging camping out, but I also agree that it's frustrating for those willing to get there hours ahead of time. My opinions are very mixed on this.
Other factors: the lottery was separate for each Ticketmaster location. Looking back, I would probably have went to a Baker's where few people could be expected to stand in line. Also, the Baker's I was at only had 1 line open, while the Qwest was said to have 12.
I didn't go, but I know they used the lottery in Lincoln for the 5 back-to-back Garth Brooks shows in 97.
I think the lottery accomplishes the goal of discouraging camping out, but I also agree that it's frustrating for those willing to get there hours ahead of time. My opinions are very mixed on this.
Other factors: the lottery was separate for each Ticketmaster location. Looking back, I would probably have went to a Baker's where few people could be expected to stand in line. Also, the Baker's I was at only had 1 line open, while the Qwest was said to have 12.
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106375
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
U2 Coming To OMAHA
Same here. At one point my wife had two seats behind the stage but at that price i'm not putting up with those crappy seats. It just makes no sense why one would pay $100/seat to peer through rigging and stacks to watch their backs. Not to mention the priviledge of catching the echo from the back of the QC because the big PA stacks are facing the other way.papiostud wrote:grr so much for tryin to get em via ticketmaster.com this mornin.
-
futrecndvlpr
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:07 pm
U2 Coming To OMAHA
Happy to say I dropped my $430 on 4 tickets today. I called the Mobile, AL ticketmaster and got through in about 2 minutes, got 9th row seats. It is amazing what $107 will get you these days!
-
GoWest
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 223
- Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:10 pm
- Location: Omaha
U2 Coming To OMAHA
I’m a little surprised too. Maybe they sold a little slower because of the lottery system. If they started the drawing process at 10 it would take a little longer to organize the line and start selling.Coyote wrote: Kenny Chesney sold out in less than 20 minutes.
I am surprised it took 33 mintues for U2.
-
UNOstudent
- Human Relations
- Posts: 583
- Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:27 pm
U2 Coming To OMAHA
i saw that kanye west is opening for u2's last shows including the one in omaha.
the Q (qwest center) will have some competition from the other 'Q' in cleveland. gund arena, where the cavs play, was recently renamed the quicken loans arena and their logo says "THE Q" with quicken loans logo next to it. i dont know how many people called it the Q but just thought i'd share.
the Q (qwest center) will have some competition from the other 'Q' in cleveland. gund arena, where the cavs play, was recently renamed the quicken loans arena and their logo says "THE Q" with quicken loans logo next to it. i dont know how many people called it the Q but just thought i'd share.
-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:29 am
- Location: West Omaha
U2 Coming To OMAHA
Most people I know call it the Qwest Center. I've only heard it referred as the Q on the forum here. I like 'North Downtown' better (not because I like the sounds of 'North Downtown' either). 
(for some reason when I hear 'the Q' ... it makes me think of the Q Twin Drive Inn)
(for some reason when I hear 'the Q' ... it makes me think of the Q Twin Drive Inn)
-
jsheets
- Human Relations
- Posts: 596
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:06 pm
- Location: West Papio Lakes
U2 Coming To OMAHA
Kanye West? Holy |expletive|, that's awesome! I'm glad I have my U2 floor tickets!
-
UNOstudent
- Human Relations
- Posts: 583
- Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:27 pm
U2 Coming To OMAHA
didojsheets wrote:Kanye West? Holy |expletive|, that's awesome! I'm glad I have my U2 floor tickets!
-
UNOstudent
- Human Relations
- Posts: 583
- Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:27 pm
U2 Coming To OMAHA
awesome concert! i was lucky enough to get into the front cirlcle area of GA and was about 15ft from the stage. here is probably the best pic i got -not bad considering its a camera phone.


-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106375
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
U2 Coming To OMAHA
Wow! I'm impressed that a camera phone can put out a pic that big! I MUST be out of touch with my gadgets! Nice pic
-
jsheets
- Human Relations
- Posts: 596
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:06 pm
- Location: West Papio Lakes
U2 Coming To OMAHA
Wow, nice shot! And great luck getting in the middle of the stage! We were on the floor too, and the girl in front of us got chosen for that front area too. I'll post some pics tonight after work, but a lot of mine turned out a little blurry from not holding the camera still enough.
Great show! Has to be the best show to ever come through town!
Great show! Has to be the best show to ever come through town!
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
U2 Coming To OMAHA
UNOstudent-
Looks like you had outstanding seats for the show..My Stones tickets are good..But not as good as your U2 vantage point..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Looks like you had outstanding seats for the show..My Stones tickets are good..But not as good as your U2 vantage point..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
jsheets
- Human Relations
- Posts: 596
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:06 pm
- Location: West Papio Lakes
U2 Coming To OMAHA
I posted some photos over in the photography section. Take a look:
http://eomaha.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t ... highlight=
http://eomaha.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t ... highlight=