new bakers
-
randallflagg2012
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:05 am
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
new bakers
Any news
Last edited by randallflagg2012 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-
jessep28
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2819
- Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:10 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
new bakers
Not that I'm aware of. Don't they own a lot at Southport in LaVista?
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036609
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
new bakers
Not last time I checked.jessep28 wrote:Not that I'm aware of. Don't they own a lot at Southport in LaVista?

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Guest
new bakers
It isn't owned by Baker's but by a Kroger subsidiary. They also purchased land near Walmart on Blair High. Baker's on 90th & Fort had been slated for a remodel in 2012 but it was cancelled. No official reason, but it's a good guess they're going to close Plaza North when they build new.Brad wrote:Not last time I checked.jessep28 wrote:Not that I'm aware of. Don't they own a lot at Southport in LaVista?
FWIW, Kroger is investing $200M in 2014 to opening new stores/remodels and another $400M in 2015. They do like the Omaha market and are looking to expand. I've heard as many as 3-5 new Baker's in the Omaha area in the coming years.
Yes. I work for Baker's. Week before last they had a HUGE meeting in Kentucky -- every Store Director in the Kroger Enterprise attended (some 4000+). New stores/remodeling of older stores was a hot topic and the SD's were encouraged to bring that information back to the stores to share with associates.
-
ladyred
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 175
- Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:55 am
- Website: Http://www.doenetwork.org
- Location: Omaha
new bakers
I have to say they did a very nice job on the Bakers at 72nd and Military. I had stopped going in there but with the new remodel have began to go there more often now.
Patty Beeken
MDS Coordinator Eastern Nebraska Veteran's Home
Serving America's Heroes
There is no time limit to solving a mystery
url=http://postimage.org/]
[/url]
MDS Coordinator Eastern Nebraska Veteran's Home
Serving America's Heroes
There is no time limit to solving a mystery
url=http://postimage.org/]
[/url]-
bbinks
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1553
- Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:10 pm
new bakers
Anonymous wrote:
It isn't owned by Baker's but by a Kroger subsidiary. They also purchased land near Walmart on Blair High. Baker's on 90th & Fort had been slated for a remodel in 2012 but it was cancelled. No official reason, but it's a good guess they're going to close Plaza North when they build new.
FWIW, Kroger is investing $200M in 2014 to opening new stores/remodels and another $400M in 2015. They do like the Omaha market and are looking to expand. I've heard as many as 3-5 new Baker's in the Omaha area in the coming years.
Yes. I work for Baker's. Week before last they had a HUGE meeting in Kentucky -- every Store Director in the Kroger Enterprise attended (some 4000+). New stores/remodeling of older stores was a hot topic and the SD's were encouraged to bring that information back to the stores to share with associates.
There is some survey stakes on a corner lot across the street from the Blair Highway Walmart. ( 9815 Redick Ave.). Too small for a Baker's. Nothing listed as far a permits yet, just a zoning application for the adjacent lot (9717 Redick), of the same owner. Unless the 2 lots will be combined, then a new store would fit.
There is a larger plat behind it that is still owned by a church.
-
guitarguy
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1296
- Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:39 am
new bakers
Looks like that land will finally be filled in.. I remember when there was nothing over there so its amazing to see the potential for a new Bakers ( which I think will do very well ) and maybe another business building new.