eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Discussion of current events, news, the latest happenings in Omaha
User avatar
Admin
Law Enforcement
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:36 am
Location: Omaha

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by Admin »

We are just in the preliminary planning stages, but eOmahaForums will be turning 10 years old on Wednesday January 8th, 2014. We were wondering if there was any interest in a Meetup on Saturday January 11, 2014.

RSVPs (29 + 9 ???'s):

Mr. Mayor
Stargazer
Coyote
Brad
Almighty Tuna
nebugeater
Omaha Cowboy
DTO Luv
Erik
schumatt
guy4omaha
Omaha Gabe
skinzfan23
RNCyanide
Linkin5
HR Paperstacks
Bargainhunter +1
MTO (6EQUJ5) +2
justnick
2Adam29
Seth
Shaw J
Uffda
OmahaJosh618
Lisa stain
Greg S

Dropped out:
bigredmed
MadMartin8

shoottofill ???
Jason4225 ???
Collin ???
icejammer ???
nebport5 ???
thenewguy ???
OmaBabe ???
GetUrban ???
Omadweller ???

Axel/Garrett (won't be in town)
S33 (Unavailable)
Last edited by Admin on Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
User avatar
RNcyanide
Planning Board
Posts: 2778
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:37 pm
Location: Boston

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by RNcyanide »

Wow, it's been a while since I've met strangers from the internet :lol:
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by Coyote »

I was trying to remember the official forum meets from the past. I know I organized the photo shoot from the top floors of FNB, I think it was projectman who got us to the top floor of the new UP building, we met to listen to Hal Daub at Spaghetti Works, we met for a few condo tours... There are many on here who are connected through Facebook... So there are not as many internet strangers on here.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by bigredmed »

I would be. You guys seem to have the inside track on things going on here.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036613
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by Brad »

Liked the Burlington Station tour we took back in 2005.

http://eomahaforums.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1806

As far as 2014.
Will Borgota be open by then?
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by Coyote »

Brad wrote:As far as 2014.
Will Borgota be open by then?
Borgata's is a few weeks away from opening - provided they get that liquor license.
ShawJ
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1573
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:58 pm

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by ShawJ »

I'll be in Utah for chunks of January (not sure on exact dates yet), but if I'm in town I'd be interested.
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1278
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:06 pm
Location: The Big O

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by guy4omaha »

I would be game again. I haven't been to one since the one at UP And I think we did a Creighton game once.
My old signature got too old. So old it was getting almost as old me as me. Yeah, it was up there in years.
User avatar
schumatt
Home Owners Association
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:44 am
Location: Downtown Omaha

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by schumatt »

I would be interested. I've mostly been a lurker on the forum for a while, but it would be great to meet up!
MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2958
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by MadMartin8 »

I'd be down with that, as long as you promise I won't wake up in a bathtub full of ice with missing kidneys.
No posts exist for this topic
User avatar
Admin
Law Enforcement
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:36 am
Location: Omaha

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by Admin »

OK, we have a few interested people so far. Coyote said he would organize this so RSVP to Coyote by PM. He is talking with the people at Borgata, and people have suggested a few DTO tours before hand. If we can get around 20 RSVPs by a few weeks this will be a go.
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by Coyote »

Cool. Just RSVP me.
I remember another unofficial eOmahaForums gathering where we stressed tested the Pedestrian Bridge. I can't remember who all was there. I'm sure we posted pics of that.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036613
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:Cool. Just RSVP me.
I remember another unofficial eOmahaForums gathering where we stressed tested the Pedestrian Bridge. I can't remember who all was there. I'm sure we posted pics of that.
Just you and I. Tuna had to watch from his office :;):
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by Coyote »

Lurkers are welcome. If you haven't registered e-mail me at [email protected]
we are up to 8 here and maybe 6 more from the facebook page...
almighty_tuna
City Council
Posts: 106389
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by almighty_tuna »

Brad wrote:
Coyote wrote:Cool. Just RSVP me.
I remember another unofficial eOmahaForums gathering where we stressed tested the Pedestrian Bridge. I can't remember who all was there. I'm sure we posted pics of that.
Just you and I. Tuna had to watch from his office :;):
Blllaaarrrrrrrrghhhhhhh!!!!!!!
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by Coyote »

We may have a Mayor with us (not Omaha's)
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by Coyote »

And a former Mod - Omaha Cowboy is on board.
User avatar
Omaha_Gabe
Human Relations
Posts: 731
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:22 pm
Location: Midtown Crossings

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by Omaha_Gabe »

i'll be there +1
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036613
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by Brad »

The History of Past eOmaha Forum Meets:

I can't find Anything on the first ever forum meet???

eomaha Second ever Forum Meet - 10/2/2004 - Union Pacific
http://eomahaforums.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=330

eomaha Third forum Meet - 6/26/2005 - Burlington Station
http://eomahaforums.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1806

eomaha Foruth forum Meet - 6/3/2006 - SoMa
http://eomahaforums.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4576

eomaha Fifth forum Meet - 8/1/2009 - Jlofts
http://eomahaforums.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=8882

Other Notable Meet Ups of forum Members:

FNB Photo Tour - 6/18/2005
http://eomahaforums.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1944

Omaha Streetcar at Spaghetti Works with Haul Daub - 11/2/2005 (Omaha Street Car Event, Not EO event)
http://eomahaforums.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4379

Omaha Streetcar - 8/30/2006 - UNMC with a guy from Little Rock, AR (Omaha Street Car Event, Not EO event)
http://eomahaforums.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5115

Aksarben Knights eomaha meet up - 3/10/2007
http://eomahaforums.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5984




.
Last edited by Brad on Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Garrett
County Board
Posts: 4709
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:29 am
Location: New York City

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by Garrett »

I'd like to go! I'll be home from this Friday through January 5th, so an earlier one would be nice.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
User avatar
Linkin5
County Board
Posts: 4891
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:59 am

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by Linkin5 »

I'll definitely will try to make it.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110987
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by nebugeater »

If not already on the list I will be there if schedule allows
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by Coyote »

We are keeping a running account of RSVP's on the first post of this thread.
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by Coyote »

Former admin Stargazer and wife just RSVP'd! The band is getting back together :yes:
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036613
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:Former admin Stargazer and wife just RSVP'd! The band is getting back together :yes:

:like:
User avatar
Uffda
County Board
Posts: 4622
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:52 am
Location: Land o Lakes, FL

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by Uffda »

Depends on my work schedule
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by Coyote »

From the first post - we just hit 20 RSVP's:

RSVPs (20):

Mr. Mayor
Stargazer and wife
Coyote
Brad
Almighty Tuna
nebugeater
Omaha Cowboy
MadMartin8
schumatt
guy4omaha
Omaha Gabe +1
skinzfan23
RNCyanide
Linkin5
HR Paperstacks
Bargainhunter +1

bigredmed - Borgata only

ShawJ ???
Uffda???
User avatar
bargainhunter
Library Board
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:58 am
Location: CB

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by bargainhunter »

So, who's bringing the name tags for those of us that are internet strangers?
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036613
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by Brad »

bargainhunter wrote:So, who's bringing the name tags for those of us that are internet strangers?
Not a bad idea...
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by Coyote »

I was planning on that already. Internet names, first names...
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036613
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:I was planning on that already. Internet names, first names...
Mine will look funny...

Hello, My name is : Brad, Brad
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by Coyote »

You are RSVP'd
User avatar
Stargazer
County Board
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:06 pm
Location: Bennington

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by Stargazer »

I just found out my employers holiday party is the same day... I trust the bulk of activities will be during the day? I'll probably have to bow out before 7pm or so.

(and by the way guy, my youngest son got a much more mortal 31 ;) as for my oldest, he's working on his ChemE PhD at Ann Arbor now)
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by Coyote »

We are still working on the Tours part...
User avatar
Uffda
County Board
Posts: 4622
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:52 am
Location: Land o Lakes, FL

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by Uffda »

oops sorry -- just saw the date -- I might be drinking that day -- i turn a year older. :lol:
6EQUJ5
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:25 pm

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by 6EQUJ5 »

I'm in +2. (formerly known as MTO).
User avatar
justnick
Human Relations
Posts: 892
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:47 pm
Location: Downtown

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by justnick »

i mean i guess i suppose.

so yeah?
User avatar
thenewguy
County Board
Posts: 4356
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:50 am
Location: Council Bluffs

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by thenewguy »

It depends on work in my case. i cant commit but im sure it would be a good time
Go Cubs Go
Erik
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1524
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:55 am

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by Erik »

I'm in
SaveOmaha
Home Owners Association
Posts: 227
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:42 pm

eOmahaForum's 10th Anniversary Meetup.

Post by SaveOmaha »

Love to go... depends on what time that Wednesday.
Last edited by SaveOmaha on Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.