S 108th St
-
MadMartin8
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2958
- Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
- Location: Beyond Thunderdome
S 108th St
I'm not entirely sure where to put this question. I don't think it fits in the Werner Park thread, or Pennant Place as they are a bit farther west? I used the search function to see what I could find but saw nothing. So I do apologize if I missed a thread where this would be applicable.
Question: Have they ever considered making 108th St just link up directly with Highway 370? Is it even possible?
It seems so odd that it goes south to Giles, then curves into the Portal Road to 96th, where that links up with 370. S 108th seems like it makes an appearance when it links up with Cornhusker for a short ways just south of Giles, then picks up again even further south near the high school. Just seems so odd to me how separated it is.
Question: Have they ever considered making 108th St just link up directly with Highway 370? Is it even possible?
It seems so odd that it goes south to Giles, then curves into the Portal Road to 96th, where that links up with 370. S 108th seems like it makes an appearance when it links up with Cornhusker for a short ways just south of Giles, then picks up again even further south near the high school. Just seems so odd to me how separated it is.
No posts exist for this topic
-
Turtle9160
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 169
- Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:25 pm
- Location: Council Bluffs, IA
Re: S 108th St
I think eventually they plan to, I remember seeing a thing a while back showing it would but I am not for sure. When I was over by there this last weekend I saw dirt being moved around but I dont know what there doing for sure
-
MadMartin8
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2958
- Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
- Location: Beyond Thunderdome
Re: S 108th St
I saw that too, or thought I did. I live right by there and always hoped they would. Would make getting to Werner Park/whatever the heck they are building around it slightly easier.Turtle9160 wrote:I think eventually they plan to, I remember seeing a thing a while back showing it would but I am not for sure. When I was over by there this last weekend I saw dirt being moved around but I dont know what there doing for sure
No posts exist for this topic
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: S 108th St
Remember, there is already a section of 108th that connects Cornhusker to Lincoln.
-
Omababe
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2467
- Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am
-
MadMartin8
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2958
- Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
- Location: Beyond Thunderdome
Re: S 108th St
Which I did mention in my original post. I just wish it was a straight shot...it kind of intertwines and dances, then disappears and picks up after the school.Coyote wrote:Remember, there is already a section of 108th that connects Cornhusker to Lincoln.
No posts exist for this topic
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: S 108th St
I'd have to find the proposal map, but where are the lakes supposed to be. I know I have posted that map in a thread...
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: S 108th St
Here is a map that may be a few years old:


-
MadMartin8
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2958
- Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
- Location: Beyond Thunderdome
-
BRoss
- IT Director
- Posts: 10003378
- Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
- Location: West Central Omaha
Re: S 108th St
I wondered that for a long time, but all the plans I've seen don't show it ever being extended past the creek. Right now, they're currently making 114th four lanes down to 370, so I think that's going to take the place of both 108th and 120th.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036557
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: S 108th St
I am currently working on a project at 108th and 370. There will NOT be a straight shot from 370 to Cornhusker.
Not sure the exact reasoning, but 108th would need to three bridges to cross three different creeks where 114th needs zero.
Not sure the exact reasoning, but 108th would need to three bridges to cross three different creeks where 114th needs zero.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: S 108th St
I tried to overlay the proposed map on a Google Earth map. The one road that I found interesting on this plan is 128th St. as it bends eastward as it goes north towards Giles, and merges with 120th?


-
MadMartin8
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2958
- Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
- Location: Beyond Thunderdome
Re: S 108th St
So, what your saying is that I need to start building it myself?Brad wrote:I am currently working on a project at 108th and 370. There will NOT be a straight shot from 370 to Cornhusker.
Not sure the exact reasoning, but 108th would need to three bridges to cross three different creeks where 114th needs zero.
No posts exist for this topic
-
BRoss
- IT Director
- Posts: 10003378
- Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
- Location: West Central Omaha
Re: S 108th St
From the image on the North Shore thread, it looks like it's going to be a more sharp bend between 126th and 120th:Coyote wrote:I tried to overlay the proposed map on a Google Earth map. The one road that I found interesting on this plan is 128th St. as it bends eastward as it goes north towards Giles, and merges with 120th?
