RockHarbor wrote:Omababe: I absolutely LOVE your pictures! You totally "get it!" Seriously, you have excellent pics, that look perfectly urban & almost vintage.
Thanks {blush}
Some of those are becoming vintage, as they're mostly 5 or more years old. I kind of went through a few folders and picked out a few that I thought fit the theme. Urban scenes are probably my favorite subject.
Do you put them through any type of filter?!
No filter on the camera except for a skylight on a few lenses, mostly for protection. Really no post except for levels, minor cropping, etc. I'm kind of a minimalist in style. All of the above are film shots although quite a few on the blog are digital.
Then, I went to your blog, and I can't believe your LV photos! They are also excellent.
Thanks again.

On my do-it list is another photo walk in Las Vegas but it just hasn't happened over the past few trips. I had planned a photo walk in Houston last month but it didn't happen either just due to a time crunch. I also have a half-finished blog entry on Millard which I'll finish when I get around to it. Since the Great Recession eased up I've been taking on as many projects and as many hours as I can handle, so the time I have for photography and blogging and such just has not been there.
Really, you have a great eye.
One thing I really believe in is that the most important piece of photo equipment you have is your eyes! I'm not a photo gear head at all. It kind of annoys me when I try talking photography with someone and they immediately switch to talking about gear and more lenses and yet more megapixels and such. I also think there's much too much photoshopping going on lately.
No, I do not sell photos. (LOL, I have a job.

I guess I could repeat the old joke about the professional photographer and the panhandler but I won't.)
The closest I've come to fame is a few published but not in recent years. I also have the honor of having a 13x19 print hanging in a client's waiting area right next to a Manglesen!
My favorites Omaha ones (of yours) are the 2nd, and the last one.
The second is an "available darkness" one shot on Fuji 800. The light just happened to "work" on that one. The last is about 10 years old and I love the color casts of the various light sources, which I did not even notice when I was shooting. Both of those were hand-held, probably 1/30 and close to wide open f/2 or so.
What I might suggest is to simply carry a camera (a real one, not a cell phone!) with you as much as you can. You know, "decisive moment" and "f/16 and be there!" and such.
