A bit of history, I started posting back in 2000 when I discovered the (now long long LONG gone) Omaha Chamber discussion forum. For nearly 4 years, it was a great place with great Omaha related discussion. And that's also the place I met most of you..But through lack of moderation, trolls ruined that place. Eomaha creator Jeff Huston invited me formally through an email many moons ago to hang my hat here.. And I did. Then Jeff asked me months later to help him moderate the place. And I accepted. Then he asked if I'd help him run the site as an admin.. And I accepted and performed in that capacity for a couple years. I don't think I've thanked Jeff yet. But Thanks man for your graciousness and vision. There really is no eomaha forum without you. And without you being around..
Like life, there are bumps in the road. After 2009, through burning the candle at both ends, I took a break.. A l-o-n-g break. A 2010 through 2014 break. Part of it was personal- relationship related.. But most of it was just being burned out. My Grow Omaha buddy Jeff Beals asked me to help him start up the Grow Omaha discussion site and for quite awhile, I was running both Omaha discussion sites, working full time and attempting to have a personal life (ha!).. Here, I must pause and thank Brad Williams. He was made a moderator here and on the Grow Omaha site and if it wasn't for his help and contributions, both sites would have never retained any sort of quality standards or even maintained..period. Thanks Brad..
Now today, my buddy Mark (aka Coyote) runs this place. He's taken a great vision, and made it even better. I don't know how you do it bro, but thanks man. And thanks for keeping enough trust in me to invite me back to help moderate the eomaha palace. It's a home I won't be leaving again unless you kick me out first lol..
Through quite a few beers and many months of questioning where the he!! I was..and why I wasn't posting any more..in early 2015- Mark and Brad convinced me to come back.. And I'm glad I did..
Finally, to all eomaha forum members- You make this the best discussion community I've ever been around and believe me, I've been around of a TON of them. I'm not perfect, I've ruffled a more than a few feathers I'm sure.. But sincerely- THANK YOU for putting up with me since January of 2004.. You make "The Don" very happy..
Here's to another glorious 5000 posts
Ciao..LiO...Peace





