680 South to US Hwy 275

Trains, Planes, and Automobiles (and Streetcars!).
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Posts: 6013
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta

680 South to US Hwy 275

Post by nativeomahan »

Recently I tried to access the “I”-“L (275)”-“Q” ramp from I-680 and ended up getting routed to 84th Street! What is going on along that stretch of the Interstate? I see barricades up but no sign of road construction. How are drivers to access US-275 west if traveling from the north? The signs over I-680 say the connection exists, but I can’t find it.
Turtle9160
Home Owners Association
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:25 pm
Location: Council Bluffs, IA

Re: 680 South to US Hwy 275

Post by Turtle9160 »

I ran into the same problem earlier in the week, didn't know that it was closed, but the DSM signs on 680 were suggesting people use Pacific or Center to detour to I-L-Q
User avatar
Uffda
County Board
Posts: 4621
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:52 pm
Location: Land o Lakes, FL

Re: 680 South to US Hwy 275

Post by Uffda »

W Center, 108th backups after ILQ closure

Closed for 3 months.

https://www.3newsnow.com/news/local-new ... lq-closure

You can still take Center St exit and go up to 120 then to L
We are the people our parents warned us about.

Jimmy Buffett
User avatar
BRoss
IT Director
Posts: 10003376
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: West Central Omaha

Re: 680 South to US Hwy 275

Post by BRoss »

Center has been a mess since that closed. I used to get to 108th St fairly simple but now sit in traffic for at least 15 minutes from the 680 exit.
almighty_tuna
City Council
Posts: 106375
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado

Re: 680 South to US Hwy 275

Post by almighty_tuna »

HR Paperstacks wrote:Center has been a mess since that closed. I used to get to 108th St fairly simple but now sit in traffic for at least 15 minutes from the 680 exit.
Anymore to get to 96th/108th from Old Mill I'll take regency to Pacific and 105th to Center.
User avatar
BRoss
IT Director
Posts: 10003376
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: West Central Omaha

Re: 680 South to US Hwy 275

Post by BRoss »

almighty_tuna wrote:
HR Paperstacks wrote:Center has been a mess since that closed. I used to get to 108th St fairly simple but now sit in traffic for at least 15 minutes from the 680 exit.
Anymore to get to 96th/108th from Old Mill I'll take regency to Pacific and 105th to Center.
I've thought about going Regency to Pacific and then 105th to Center. Today was much better though. Granted I didn't get to the area until about 6:30, so I missed rush hour.

But I noticed that they changed the digital sign to tell people to turn right so hopefully that will calm it down some.
almighty_tuna
City Council
Posts: 106375
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado

Re: 680 South to US Hwy 275

Post by almighty_tuna »

HR Paperstacks wrote:But I noticed that they changed the digital sign to tell people to turn right so hopefully that will calm it down some.
Most of the slowdowns on 680 are because people can't read a giant sign and drive at the same time! :roll: :lol:
User avatar
RockHarbor
Planning Board
Posts: 2083
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Silver State

Re: 680 South to US Hwy 275

Post by RockHarbor »

That intersection has been (or seems like it has been) under construction on & off my entire life. It's almost a joke. Seriously, when the orange cones & barrels are pulled away, you just know, in a matter of time, they will be placed back again. What the heck is so wrong in that area all the time?
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.