Townhomes of Village Pointe (168th north of Dodge)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.
obvious2677
Library Board
Posts: 278
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:43 pm

Townhomes of Village Pointe (168th north of Dodge)

Post by obvious2677 »

Image

New neighborhood coming in behind the trailer court. Pairie Home Builders out of Lincoln. The front, larger area is owned by Broadmoor Development.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036556
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Townhomes of Village Pointe (168th north of Dodge)

Post by Brad »

Aerial from a few weeks ago:
2X4A4319.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
TheSeventhBrat
Home Owners Association
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:59 pm

Re: Townhomes of Village Pointe (168th north of Dodge)

Post by TheSeventhBrat »

I wonder how long that trailer park will last. I can't imagine people buying the town homes would be happy to have them as neighbors.
Louie
County Board
Posts: 4936
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Dundee

Re: Townhomes of Village Pointe (168th north of Dodge)

Post by Louie »

It's definitely a curious location. But then again, there is one on like 128th and Maple too.
ProgKingHughesker
Home Owners Association
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:32 pm

Re: Townhomes of Village Pointe (168th north of Dodge)

Post by ProgKingHughesker »

If the people looking at town homes don't wanna live next to the icky poors in the trailer park, then don't buy a townhome there. The trailer park was there first, maybe they don't wanna live next to a bunch of snooty people that think they're too good to drive past a trailer.
User avatar
RockHarbor
Planning Board
Posts: 2083
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Silver State

Re: Townhomes of Village Pointe (168th north of Dodge)

Post by RockHarbor »

Oh good... They are filling in that little, blank parcel of land with a cute little nook of town homes. Love the aerial of the suburbs...
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Posts: 6013
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta

Re: Townhomes of Village Pointe (168th north of Dodge)

Post by nativeomahan »

ProgKingHughesker wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:16 pm If the people looking at town homes don't wanna live next to the icky poors in the trailer park, then don't buy a townhome there. The trailer park was there first, maybe they don't wanna live next to a bunch of snooty people that think they're too good to drive past a trailer.
Agreed.
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 10812
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Townhomes of Village Pointe (168th north of Dodge)

Post by iamjacobm »

At a quick glance it appears that the residents also own their own plots of land rather than a common owner and they lease it. A lot tougher to make a deal with 50 different land owners rather than one entity.
obvious2677
Library Board
Posts: 278
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:43 pm

Re: Townhomes of Village Pointe (168th north of Dodge)

Post by obvious2677 »

iamjacobm wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:21 amAt a quick glance it appears that the residents also own their own plots of land rather than a common owner and they lease it.
That is accurate.
Jhtekamah
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:29 am

Re: Townhomes of Village Pointe (168th north of Dodge)

Post by Jhtekamah »

Lol it’s not a trailer park. It has not been in many, many years. We own our property.
User avatar
stormchaser
Planning Board
Posts: 2380
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:14 am

Re: Townhomes of Village Pointe (168th north of Dodge)

Post by stormchaser »

Jhtekamah wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:32 am Lol it’s not a trailer park. It has not been in many, many years. We own our property.
No offense intended, but if it’s a residential area containing multiple trailers/mobile homes on pieces of land directly next to each other, that’s exactly what it is (a trailer park) regardless of property ownership status (IMO).

That being said, I understand the stigma. I lived in one for several years when younger. Several residents were some of the best neighbors I’ve ever had (in other words the stigma/perception is BS in my experience).

On a side note, this image of “apartments” where I used to live in MN breaks my own definition (though they were before my time). Instead of next to each other they decided to stack them. They were dubbed “tornado towers” for obvious reasons and torn down due to safety concerns. I still can’t wrap my mind around it being decided this was a good idea. 😳

Image
TransitOriented
Library Board
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:55 am

Re: Townhomes of Village Pointe (168th north of Dodge)

Post by TransitOriented »

TheSeventhBrat wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:11 pm I wonder how long that trailer park will last. I can't imagine people buying the town homes would be happy to have them as neighbors.
They planted quite a few trees and landscaped it up pretty nicely
TransitOriented
Library Board
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:55 am

Re: Townhomes of Village Pointe (168th north of Dodge)

Post by TransitOriented »

Website : https://www.omahaeasyliving.com/the-tow ... ge-pointe/

I drove by this development recently. It's not what I expected. In my mind I was expecting row houses, but it's just another neighborhood of 4000 sq ft houses, except they are duplexes. If it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't even have known this was a new development of townhomes.
Athomsfere
Planning Board
Posts: 2300
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:03 pm

Re: Townhomes of Village Pointe (168th north of Dodge)

Post by Athomsfere »

TransitOriented wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:21 am Website : https://www.omahaeasyliving.com/the-tow ... ge-pointe/

I drove by this development recently. It's not what I expected. In my mind I was expecting row houses, but it's just another neighborhood of 4000 sq ft houses, except they are duplexes. If it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't even have known this was a new development of townhomes.
Well, that's a shame. I was really hoping the area would get a livability.