Tonight's sunset
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Tonight's sunset
I hope somebody got a better picture of tonight's sunset. From my front porch:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036612
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Tonight's sunset
I didn't catch the Nuclear Colors or Double Rainbow, but I did get this a little after sunset:



Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Louie
- County Board
- Posts: 4939
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:23 pm
- Location: Dundee
Re: Tonight's sunset
Thats an incredible photo.
-
ita
- County Board
- Posts: 4753
- Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 pm
Re: Tonight's sunset
I really like this skyline with the Breakers and a train at the forefront. Nice photo!
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11644
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:26 pm
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: Tonight's sunset
I agree, it would be neat to see a side-by-side of this view from even just 5 years ago. The Breakers really help to make that view look much nicer.ita wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:26 pm I really like this skyline with the Breakers and a train at the forefront. Nice photo!
-
ita
- County Board
- Posts: 4753
- Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 pm
Re: Tonight's sunset
Yes, it makes a world of difference. One interesting note is that you have two sides of Omaha's downtown development front and center; rehabilitation of industrial space into modern/chic living/office space and the terrible history of tearing down similar buildings for mediocre "modern" development. I hope that the Conagra building, while nice, is replaced in the future. A more modern building, or a row of residential/office towers/mid-rises would make that view even more stunning.skinzfan23 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:25 pmI agree, it would be neat to see a side-by-side of this view from even just 5 years ago. The Breakers really help to make that view look much nicer.ita wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:26 pm I really like this skyline with the Breakers and a train at the forefront. Nice photo!
Also, have there been any other plans to connect DT Omaha and CB riverfront somewhere around here? I feel like we could really activate the riverfront on both sides by increasing pedestrian/vehicular access via projects like Bob Kerry bridge. It's too bad that it stands alone right now.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036612
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Tonight's sunset
I have it. Let me track it down, for some reason I don't have it on my website.skinzfan23 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:25 pmI agree, it would be neat to see a side-by-side of this view from even just 5 years ago. The Breakers really help to make that view look much nicer.ita wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:26 pm I really like this skyline with the Breakers and a train at the forefront. Nice photo!

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Louie
- County Board
- Posts: 4939
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:23 pm
- Location: Dundee
Re: Tonight's sunset
I'd also love to see that picture stretched to the right, to include the Capitol District and 10th St area.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036612
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Tonight's sunset
I think I shot a couple wide shots the other night too, I'll take a look when I get home.Louie wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:51 pm I'd also love to see that picture stretched to the right, to include the Capitol District and 10th St area.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Louie
- County Board
- Posts: 4939
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:23 pm
- Location: Dundee
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036612
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Tonight's sunset

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036612
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Tonight's sunset
Great clouds tonight!
1.

2.

3.

4.

And the Moon...
5.

1.

2.

3.

4.

And the Moon...
5.


Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Cermak
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2335
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:02 pm
Re: Tonight's sunset
Incredible pictures, Omaha looks great ! Amazing detail to the shots. I like how the old Northern Natural gas building (Highline Apartments) peaks out in the far back because it sits on a bluff. And I like how 1200 Landmark center brings so much blue glass into Omaha’s skyline. Breakers also look fantastic, I often forget about this building because it doesn’t show up well except from the river.
-
Uffda
- County Board
- Posts: 4622
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:52 am
- Location: Land o Lakes, FL
Re: Tonight's sunset
We are the people our parents warned us about.
Jimmy Buffett
Jimmy Buffett
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11644
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:26 pm
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: Tonight's sunset
Nice shot...I was mowing and it looked spectacular.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036612
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Tonight's sunset
Amazing Sunset tonight. Probably the best of 2020!

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11644
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:26 pm
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: Tonight's sunset
Awesome picture Brad. At halftime of the Creighton game, I went outside and to the west the sunset was yellow, but to the east the clouds were more this color, which I thought was interesting to see in the east more than the west.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036612
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Tonight's sunset
Thanks! When you see that much pink to the east, its usually a good sign to get outside and wait because its going to get good.skinzfan23 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:52 am Awesome picture Brad. At halftime of the Creighton game, I went outside and to the west the sunset was yellow, but to the east the clouds were more this color, which I thought was interesting to see in the east more than the west.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto

