Railroad traffic schedules

Trains, Planes, and Automobiles (and Streetcars!).
User avatar
thenewguy
County Board
Posts: 4340
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:50 am
Location: Council Bluffs

Railroad traffic schedules

Post by thenewguy »

Alright railroad buffs and experts, I am looking for your help. I live in Council Bluffs and I seem to constantly get caught at trains. Maybe it's bad timing or plain bad luck, but is there a schedule anywhere that would show when trains will be coming through? While not a huge deal, it's really agrevating, and I'd rather just avoid them.
Go Cubs Go
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036577
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Railroad traffic schedules

Post by Brad »

thenewguy wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:12 am Alright railroad buffs and experts, I am looking for your help. I live in Council Bluffs and I seem to constantly get caught at trains. Maybe it's bad timing or plain bad luck, but is there a schedule anywhere that would show when trains will be coming through? While not a huge deal, it's really agrevating, and I'd rather just avoid them.
No, not really any schedules. Amtrak is the only thing that has a schedule, but is not always on time and doesn't go through Council Bluffs.

There are a few trains that originate in Council Bluffs that leave at a somewhat consistent time, but 90% are just passing through.
User avatar
thenewguy
County Board
Posts: 4340
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:50 am
Location: Council Bluffs

Re: Railroad traffic schedules

Post by thenewguy »

Dang, thanks Brad
Go Cubs Go
User avatar
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:35 am
Location: Montgomery County, Texas

Re: Railroad traffic schedules

Post by damonhynes »

About the only trains that run on a set schedule anymore are intermodals, but the further you get from Chicago, the more that schedule is subject to shenanigans. :-)