Who Remembers - Omaha Speed Shops

Trains, Planes, and Automobiles (and Streetcars!).
beachbum
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu May 23, 2019 12:19 am

Who Remembers - Omaha Speed Shops

Post by beachbum »

I was reading an article about Speedway Motors in Lincoln, which got me thinking about Omaha in the 70's when I got my first car, a 64 Impala SS. At the time, there was Charley's Speed and Machine, I believe on Blondo; and another speed shop near 72nd and Pacific it seems. I can't remember the name...HELP! Those were some great times...I also "worked" one summer at Cornhusker Raceway Park, where I got an autograph from Don Garlits. Ahhh...the smell of Alcohol in the air!
User avatar
thenewguy
County Board
Posts: 4354
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:50 am
Location: Council Bluffs

Re: Who Remembers - Omaha Speed Shops

Post by thenewguy »

I can't help with the names, but I did watch part of "hollywood knights" last week and I sure wish I'd have been around back then and had a hot rod of my own
Go Cubs Go
beachbum
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu May 23, 2019 12:19 am

Re: Who Remembers - Omaha Speed Shops

Post by beachbum »

It finally came to me...Raceland is the shop I was trying to remember. I am surprised no one else was able to recall it.
termax
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:47 pm

Re: Who Remembers - Omaha Speed Shops

Post by termax »

How about HP Motorsport on I think 36th between L&Q. If i recall correctly it was a collabaration between HP Smith Ford & Ken Brown's son