Also according to the article once declared blighted there is no way in state law to ‘un-blight’ it.
Also interesting that the Bellevue mayor had to cast the deciding vote. He and his partner sold the land, they had purchased in 2016, in March for $100k - nice profit. And 8 months later, he has to cast deciding vote.
Humorous comment be developer “This is a weed- and tree-infested area that can be changed into very nice condos,…” I guess I like trees as I never though of an area infested with trees.
###################
Mercury Property Management hopes to build 10 town houses on undeveloped land south of West 16th Avenue between Jefferson and Franklin Streets. The company sought a blighted designation for its own property and more than a dozen lots to the south — most of which have existing homes on them — in an effort to receive tax-increment financing, a tax incentive meant to spur redevelopment in areas deemed blighted.
https://omaha.com/news/local/govt-and-p ... op-story-1







