What is the story behind the Capital Beach in Lincoln, I am interested in the history?almighty_tuna wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:20 pm Sounds like a similar tale as Capitol Beach down in Lincoln
Capitol Beach
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Capitol Beach
-
Linkin5
- County Board
- Posts: 4891
- Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:59 am
Re: Capitol Beach
Used to have a little amusement park with a roller coaster.


-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: Capitol Beach
I have seen several pictures of this amusement park before,
But what about the history behind the great Salt Lake area and Morton’s development?
I had heard of the salt before and the lakes left behind but what about the early history of this Capitol/Capital Beach region?
But what about the history behind the great Salt Lake area and Morton’s development?
I had heard of the salt before and the lakes left behind but what about the early history of this Capitol/Capital Beach region?
-
ita
- County Board
- Posts: 4753
- Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 pm
Re: Capitol Beach
Here's a nice recitation of some of the history: http://www.lincolntoday.co/?p=1279
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: Capitol Beach
Perfect, at was just what I was looking for, from the restored saline wetlands, from the Belle of the Blue, the new territorial capital was sited near the banks of Salt Creek and renamed Lincoln, to Arbor Day founder J. Sterling Morton, to Among the attractions were steamboat excursions on the 50-passenger Belle of the Blue, a wooden roller coaster and pavilions. “The Coney Island of the West,”ita wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:07 pm Here's a nice recitation of some of the history: http://www.lincolntoday.co/?p=1279
Thanks.
-
ita
- County Board
- Posts: 4753
- Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 pm
Re: Capitol Beach
I came across this information about a month ago when I went into a rabbit hole about Capitol Beach. Had no idea it was a naturally occurring salt lake, and that's what prompted me to look into the history.Coyote wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:21 pmPerfect, at was just what I was looking for, from the restored saline wetlands, from the Belle of the Blue, the new territorial capital was sited near the banks of Salt Creek and renamed Lincoln, to Arbor Day founder J. Sterling Morton, to Among the attractions were steamboat excursions on the 50-passenger Belle of the Blue, a wooden roller coaster and pavilions. “The Coney Island of the West,”ita wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:07 pm Here's a nice recitation of some of the history: http://www.lincolntoday.co/?p=1279
Thanks.