Lincoln’s wins grant for new bus station

Capital city news and discussion.
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village

Lincoln’s wins grant for new bus station

Post by Coyote »


Lincoln wins $23 million federal grant to build new bus transfer station


City officials announced Thursday that Lincoln has received a $23.6 million federal grant for a new bus transfer station. “If I knew how to do a cartwheel, I’d do one,” Mayor Leirion Gaylor Baird said in making the announcement. The new transfer station -- to be built on the block that currently serves as the parking lot for the County-City Building -- is expected to cost $32.2 million, said Lincoln Transportation and Utilities Director Liz Elliott.

Officials plan to begin the design phase in 2023, start construction in 2024 and finish it in 2025, she said. The grant for a “multi-modal” transfer station has been a long time coming: the city has asked eight times for a federal grant to build it to replace the current transfer station near the Gold’s Building at 11th and N streets.

Image
TransitOriented
Library Board
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:55 pm

Re: Lincoln’s wins grant for new bus station

Post by TransitOriented »

Multi-modal. My hopes are high. I bet I will be let down.

I hope they are extremely forward looking on this project.