Beer Homebrewers
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106389
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
Beer Homebrewers
Anyone on the forum brew their own beer on the regular?
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036616
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Beer Homebrewers
Nope, only drink it!almighty_tuna wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:18 am Anyone on the forum brew their own beer on the regular?
That said, there were several home brewers that would hang out at the Casual Pint.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106389
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
Re: Beer Homebrewers
Well, I've got some Cascade hops that should find a home in someone's wort if you know anyone who wants some.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: Beer Homebrewers
Well, I was wondering if Tuna was growing them these days…
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106389
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
Re: Beer Homebrewers
Yep! I've got one plant of 3rd year Cascades ready to harvest!
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: Beer Homebrewers
How long do Cascade plants take to harvest here in September?
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106389
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
Re: Beer Homebrewers
Well, mine takes about an hour since it's a single plant. I just cut the bines and remove the cones by hand.
-
Uffda
- County Board
- Posts: 4622
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:52 am
- Location: Land o Lakes, FL
Re: Beer Homebrewers
I have an Omaha friend that is a brewer. I am not up there any more, but I could ask him. I think Brad knows him too.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
Jimmy Buffett
Jimmy Buffett
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036616
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Beer Homebrewers
Yep, he was working at the pint just the other day.Uffda wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:52 pm I have an Omaha friend that is a brewer. I am not up there any more, but I could ask him. I think Brad knows him too.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106389
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
Re: Beer Homebrewers
Brad, can you see if he'd be interested in some hops?