This morning another large Bronze buffalo is being installed at the coner of 15th and Capitol, next to the parking garage not in the "Wagon Train" park.
Scooter coffee house in the Farm credit building looks great. It looks like they could open within a couple of weeks.
downtown updates
-
Finn
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1387
- Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:54 pm
- Location: DC
downtown updates
Thanks for the update.
So the buffalo is not in the park but just on the sidewalk next to the garage?? Interesting, it sounds like there will be a flow of statues from the Wagon Train to the geese at 16th and Dodge.
So the buffalo is not in the park but just on the sidewalk next to the garage?? Interesting, it sounds like there will be a flow of statues from the Wagon Train to the geese at 16th and Dodge.
-
OmahaChef
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1047
- Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 6:55 am
- Location: Omaha
downtown updates
While we're on a sculpture theme downtown, I thought this would fit in well. Central High's stadium gets a sculpture today.
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=1640&u_sid=1479808
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=1640&u_sid=1479808
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:46 pm
downtown updates
Just another downtown update.
Regretfully, I didn't have my camera, but I was downtown this morning and noticed construction workers installing the green, oxidized metal cladding on the Vertical Element of the Holland Center today. It looks really cool.
I'm getting very excited for the opening of the Holland!!!
Regretfully, I didn't have my camera, but I was downtown this morning and noticed construction workers installing the green, oxidized metal cladding on the Vertical Element of the Holland Center today. It looks really cool.
I'm getting very excited for the opening of the Holland!!!
Last edited by StreetsOfOmaha on Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
-
OmahaChef
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1047
- Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 6:55 am
- Location: Omaha
downtown updates
Hey, thanks for the heads up. I'm anxious to see this treatment. I'll have to swing by tomorrow after work.
-
ItsAllAboutMe
- Human Relations
- Posts: 962
- Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:14 am
buffalo temporarily gone
I guess they place the Buffalo then removed it to put in the anchors. So, it's gone for now but I'm sure it will be back for good in a week or so.
-
ItsAllAboutMe
- Human Relations
- Posts: 962
- Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:14 am
The buffalo has landed
It looks great on the corner. Hopefully the first installation at the wagon train monument will occur soon.
-
Finn
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1387
- Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:54 pm
- Location: DC
downtown updates
If you're hoofing it downtown, you won't be the only one


This summer, other artists will install the first of their "Pioneer Courage" sculptures in the park - two works depicting pioneer families crossing the Great Plains in wagons. The wagons, horses and people, like the bison and geese, will be 11/4 life-sized.
Other wagons and related figures will be put in place over the next two years.
-
Harpoon
- Human Relations
- Posts: 556
- Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 8:46 pm
downtown updates
Buffalo is there for good, drove by this afternoon.