Bimbo Bakeries (Bellevue) - CLOSED

News and releases from metro area businesses
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Bimbo Bakeries (Bellevue) - CLOSED

Post by ChadJK »

Bimbo Bakeries in Bellevue at 1310 Fort Crook Rd N has closed and 150+ employees were laid off. The recent announcement of the Kellogg closure got me looking at WARN notices and I saw Bimbo's. I believe that Bimbo;s was an Old Home back in the day. I just know it's been there for quite some time.

WARN notice:
https://dol.nebraska.gov/webdocs/getfil ... 096e569c52

Here's the OWH article:
https://omaha.com/news/local/business/b ... c5319.html
Last edited by ChadJK on Thu Aug 08, 2024 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11629
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Bimbo Bakeries (Bellevue) - CLOSED

Post by skinzfan23 »

Set this one closed, many days you could drive by and smell the Sara Lee bread that they were baking
User avatar
jessep28
Planning Board
Posts: 2819
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Bimbo Bakeries (Bellevue) - CLOSED

Post by jessep28 »

I don't remember why, but shortly after my family moved to Omaha in 1990, I remember getting a tour of the place. Obviously it was an Old Home plant at the time.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
bbinks
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1552
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:10 pm

Re: Bimbo Bakeries (Bellevue) - CLOSED

Post by bbinks »

They used to service all McDonald's and BK too. Metz Baking was part of Old Home. McD converted to getting with their usual deliveries.