We're putting an offer on a house in benson tomorrow and if all goes well we'll move out late january. On a whim my husband applied for a job managing an auto shop on dodge and got the position even though he can't start work until feb. (it's the off season for auto shops)
I must be an odd ball because I much preferred benson to dundee. The shopping there is more in tune to what I'm looking for. Maybe I just wasn't driving around the right areas but maple st. had much more to offer me than did Underwood and Dodge was more commercial than what I'm looking for.
I'm within walking distance of the coffee shop, used book store and best of all the yarn store. (I'm a knitting geek)
My biggest surprise was how hilly Omaha is. I seriously pictured it to be completely flat.
While the old market area is smaller than downtown San Diego, I think it's much nicer. My parents are thinking about buying a loft above delice (I think thats the name.)
My only real concern is driving during the winter. I'm not sure thats something I'll ever try. For one, I'm not sure I could stop a car without sliding out. The other concern I have is I'll be damned if I know where the lanes are once the snow covers up the roads.
Anyhow, it really is a nice city with lots to offer. Thanks for all your help thus far. I'm sure I'll be bugging you again in the not so near future asking for directions and recommendations for shopping. Which reminds me, where the heck are the grocery stores there? I saw a few but beyond wild oats and whole foods, most of what I saw sort of scared me. Josies, Joses, j something in benson... is that really a grocery store? I just drove by and the pictures and sayings painted on the outside of the window weren't a good selling point for a newbie.

[/url]
