Looking for a place by UNO
-
omahastylee459
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1017
- Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:48 pm
- Location: Nashua, NH
Looking for a place by UNO
check the aksarben neighborhood, or the one just across 60th to the east, as i walked to school today from my house on 62nd, i passed at least 3 houses for sale or rent. Plus its a nice neighborhood and still has a lot of college kids in it.
-
Swift
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2887
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:13 pm
- Location: NYC
Looking for a place by UNO
Midtown is considered a ghetto now?
Just curious, ModestMouse, are you currently living in Omaha or someplace else?
Just curious, ModestMouse, are you currently living in Omaha or someplace else?
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:49 pm
- Location: Dundee
Looking for a place by UNO
I live near 49th and Chicago (that’s only 3 blocks north of Dodge). It is I think the type of area you are looking for. Plenty of cheep rent places everything from apartments to multi unit housing and some houses here and there. It’s close to UNO and DTO. I love it for hanging out there are plenty of gay, punk/pot-head bars around here as well along with some band/party houses. I wouldn’t consider it ghetto but hey the ghetto is a few minutes drive away if you need it.
15-17, 26, 32
-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:29 pm
- Location: West Omaha
Looking for a place by UNO
Yeah, I'd look for something over by Aksarben and perhaps you can catch a shuttle bus. I don't think there are any rental properties (at least within a student's price range) close to the main campus.
-
ModestMouse
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:00 am
- Yahoo Messenger: TheShootistCometh
Looking for a place by UNO
I appreciate your guys's help.
-
ModestMouse
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:00 am
- Yahoo Messenger: TheShootistCometh
Looking for a place by UNO
I'm looking for something south of dodge..maybe on Farnam.
I got a suggestion by the health food restaurant on 38th or so.
I got a suggestion by the health food restaurant on 38th or so.
-
Swift
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2887
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:13 pm
- Location: NYC
Looking for a place by UNO
McFoster's Natural Kind Cafe?
I have a couple friends who live right by there. It's cool and fun, especially if you are 21.
I have a couple friends who live right by there. It's cool and fun, especially if you are 21.
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013720
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Looking for a place by UNO
Yeah..It's 38th and Farnam..I lived just blocks (south) from McFoster's down the street at 38th and Jones..The Gold Coast Neighborhood..Lived there for 5 years. BTW, it also is a great place to live, affordable and close to most all of the popular urban Omaha nightlife offerings..The Old Market is a 3 minute drive. I could make UNO is 5..ModestMouse wrote:I'm looking for something south of dodge..maybe on Farnam.
I got a suggestion by the health food restaurant on 38th or so.
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:49 pm
- Location: Dundee
Looking for a place by UNO
If you live near there try and avoid Striate Shooters.Swift wrote:McFoster's Natural Kind Cafe?
I have a couple friends who live right by there. It's cool and fun, especially if you are 21.
15-17, 26, 32
-
ModestMouse
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:00 am
- Yahoo Messenger: TheShootistCometh
Looking for a place by UNO
you telling me it's only druggies that live by there?
-
Swift
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2887
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:13 pm
- Location: NYC
Looking for a place by UNO
I've been to straight shooters, it's not that bad. Brothers and Sullivan's are two of my favorite bars.
-
adam186
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2264
- Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:29 am
- Location: Omaha
Looking for a place by UNO
Under $500 a month, for a two bedroom house? Haha, good luck man, my 2 bedroom apt is over $150 a month more than that.ModestMouse wrote:Like maybe a 2 bedroom house for under 500.
-
ModestMouse
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:00 am
- Yahoo Messenger: TheShootistCometh
Looking for a place by UNO
well.
It just depends on where it is.
I mean, a duplex wouldn't be bad either. it just depends on my neighbors.
There is one for 495 dollars if I recall. upper duplex by farnam.
It just depends on where it is.
I mean, a duplex wouldn't be bad either. it just depends on my neighbors.
There is one for 495 dollars if I recall. upper duplex by farnam.