Chick Corea in Omaha.....beeeeeyoooooootifullllllllll !
For 2 1/2 hours last evening we were more than a zoo, casinos, a West Dodge expressway, and I-teams, because one of the jazz giants of the past 40 years was in our midst.
I am energized for another couple of weeks!
Vince Furlong
Chick Corea and ensemble in Omaha!
-
Vince Furlong
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:01 pm
- Location: Soon to be in your neighborhood
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:49 pm
- Location: Dundee
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Chick Corea and ensemble in Omaha!
The Holland Performing Arts Center Saturday night..MTO wrote:Where was he at?
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:46 pm
Chick Corea and ensemble in Omaha!
Yeah, that's amazing. I wish I could have gone.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
-
omahahawk
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1188
- Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:16 pm
Chick Corea and ensemble in Omaha!
It was, in a word, AMAZING. The level of raw musicanship they showcased was unbelievable and the ticket prices were really reasonable as well. I'd love to see more artists like him....Herbie Hancock, Pat Metheny.... great show Omaha Performing Arts. 
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Chick Corea and ensemble in Omaha!
I DEEPLY regret I missed this show..I've liked Chick Corea since his 'Return to Forever' days with bassist Stanley Clarke..
The Yellowjackets will be coming later this year..I plan to attend..I saw them last in Omaha in the mid 80's when they opened for Al Jarreau. They're a very good, solid contemporary/fusion jazz band..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
The Yellowjackets will be coming later this year..I plan to attend..I saw them last in Omaha in the mid 80's when they opened for Al Jarreau. They're a very good, solid contemporary/fusion jazz band..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
omahahawk
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1188
- Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:16 pm
Chick Corea and ensemble in Omaha!
I recently got a donation request letter from OPAS that I found interesting enough to revive this thread. What was interesting about it was that they talked of Chick Corea specifically in the letter. In their requests for donations there was a cool remark about how when after his concert was over and everybody had gone from the building, he went out into the empty hall to play for himself. Apparently he liked the feel and acoustics of the room so much that he wanted to give it one more spin. The letter also quoted him as saying "it was one of the best halls he ever played in". Just thought that was cool and worth mentioning, considering the career he has had. Omaha should realize what a gem they have in the Holland Center.
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:12 pm
Chick Corea and ensemble in Omaha!
I think I've said it a dozen times on here: find SOMETHING you like and go, if just to experience hall.
-Big E
-Big E
Stable genius.