I thought they we going to say from Fort Street to Blair High Road or Even all the way to 72ns Street, but no, southbound I80 from Pacific to Center.
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=163 ... nd=4399507
The state plans to add another lane on southbound I-680 between Pacific Street and West Center Road.
There are now three southbound lanes plus a lane for merging traffic. The construction will add a fourth lane.
I-680 will remain open during the work. But the project may require the temporary closure of the ramp from Pacific to southbound I-680.
The $1.8 million project should be completed by the end of the year, said Brian Johnson, an engineer with the Nebraska Department of Roads.
The extra lane on I-680 is needed to handle additional traffic, he said.
The state forecasts that when the West Dodge Expressway opens, there will be more traffic funneling to southbound I-680, Johnson said. The expressway is scheduled to open later this year.
By early fall 2007, the state is scheduled to begin replacing the Pacific Street bridge over I-680. A completion date for the $7 million project has not been set, Johnson said.






