Yet again, JAYS WIN! JAYS WIN!

Metro area and region sports discussion
OmahaDevelopmentMan
Human Relations
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:12 pm
Location: Omaha, someplace in middle America

Yet again, JAYS WIN! JAYS WIN!

Post by OmahaDevelopmentMan »

Anyone watch the game? What a game it was huh? Man, I expected a few close calls this year, but close calls against teams like Ohio State, Xavier, and Nebraska. I still can't believe that I'm seeing my team, who I've supported from the good olde days and the dark days (ealry 90's pre altman), beat teams like that. Just more proff that Creighton owns nebraksa.
custudent
Home Owners Association
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:27 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Yet again, JAYS WIN! JAYS WIN!

Post by custudent »

I was down in Lincoln for the game. There was a good number of us Jays fans up in C15 and we were pretty loud. Hopefully that came through on TV.

Ugly game overall, both teams didn't play all that well. However, CU definately had some bright spots- Miliner was great, Funk was solid, Dane had some clutch plays, etc. Free throws were much better for us (and awful for them), but we got beat on the boards pretty well I think. NU has some nice big men, though, so that's not all that suprising.

Husker fans now know how I feel when Nate Johnson made that shot with seconds left down at the Q in March. Other than a lot less scoring, the similarities were eery.

Order has been restored to the instate rivalry, that's for sure though. :D
SychoBC
Home Owners Association
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:56 pm

Yet again, JAYS WIN! JAYS WIN!

Post by SychoBC »

Considering KM3 dropped their sports department I'll go with FOX. We really need a local sports network though.
almighty_tuna
City Council
Posts: 106377
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado

Yet again, JAYS WIN! JAYS WIN!

Post by almighty_tuna »

Fox is not great by any stretch of the imagination. However, don't count out KM3 - they may not report on sports, but they are carying 9 Creighton games this year. At last count that was 9 more local sports than any other Omaha station.
OmahaDevelopmentMan
Human Relations
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:12 pm
Location: Omaha, someplace in middle America

Yet again, JAYS WIN! JAYS WIN!

Post by OmahaDevelopmentMan »

Thats a hard call, I mean Travis is an idiot and no one really cares what he thinks anyway, and FOX just needs to work on...well everything. But I guess since KM3 does do creighton games, I'll go with them over 42, but not by much.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council
Posts: 6854
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:46 pm

Yet again, JAYS WIN! JAYS WIN!

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Yes, I definitely don't like J.J. or Travis. In fact, until J.J. came along, I didn't think there could be a worse sportscaster than Travis.

I love KM3 for getting rid of sports coverage. Now they just need to get rid of "For What It's Worth Commentary".

And KPTM Fox is BEYOND salvation. I mean, I've always seen them as trashy and unprofessional in the past, but now they have "Fox 42 Dude". Has anyone seen this guy? He's an actor playing a dirty, wife-beater wearing hick that lives in a trailer in the woods....and promotes Fox 42. I don't see any logical, cohearant reason why anyone ON EARTH would see this as a positive marketing move. Wow, the people at Fox 42 must really be dumb :) .
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
SychoBC
Home Owners Association
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:56 pm

Yet again, JAYS WIN! JAYS WIN!

Post by SychoBC »

StreetsOfOmaha wrote:Yes, I definitely don't like J.J. or Travis. In fact, until J.J. came along, I didn't think there could be a worse sportscaster than Travis.

I love KM3 for getting rid of sports coverage. Now they just need to get rid of "For What It's Worth Commentary".

And KPTM Fox is BEYOND salvation. I mean, I've always seen them as trashy and unprofessional in the past, but now they have "Fox 42 Dude". Has anyone seen this guy? He's an actor playing a dirty, wife-beater wearing hick that lives in a trailer in the woods....and promotes Fox 42. I don't see any logical, cohearant reason why anyone ON EARTH would see this as a positive marketing move. Wow, the people at Fox 42 must really be dumb :) .

I thought the Fox 42 dude was an old character they used to have back in the old days. I may be wrong and it was just the slogan "Fox 42, DUDE!" It's a really stupid looking commercial though.

KM3 may carry Creighton basketball but it almost seems as if Creighton loses everytime they do a game.
OmahaDevelopmentMan
Human Relations
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:12 pm
Location: Omaha, someplace in middle America

Yet again, JAYS WIN! JAYS WIN!

Post by OmahaDevelopmentMan »

Oh yea I forgot about JJ. He tries WAY WAY to hard to be funny and I just sit there speechless. 42 may do sports, but I would say that it's worse than KM3, simply bc hes a freak. And the guy that's behind jj for FOX does the same thing as JJ. That kid needs to stop before it ruins his career.
SychoBC
Home Owners Association
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:56 pm

Yet again, JAYS WIN! JAYS WIN!

Post by SychoBC »

Twiztid1 wrote: but he gets people fired up.
So did Hitler. :wink:
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council
Posts: 6854
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:46 pm

Yet again, JAYS WIN! JAYS WIN!

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

OmahaDevelopmentMan wrote:Oh yea I forgot about JJ. He tries WAY WAY to hard to be funny and I just sit there speechless. 42 may do sports, but I would say that it's worse than KM3, simply bc hes a freak. And the guy that's behind jj for FOX does the same thing as JJ. That kid needs to stop before it ruins his career.
LOL. I absolutley agree.

When I'm so unfortunate as to hear J.J. speak, all I can do is sit there speachless as I feel myself getting dumber and dumber for listening to him. It's unbelievable that he still has a job.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
DTO Luv
City Council
Posts: 9644
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm

Yet again, JAYS WIN! JAYS WIN!

Post by DTO Luv »

Twiztid1 wrote:Travis Justice is the man. You may not agree with anything he says, but he gets people fired up.
I like him about half the time. I actually got my call in on the "Sports Sound-Off" show on Sunday when Dana Altman was on. I asked him if he thouhgt that they should have the CU-NU game in Omaha every year since it's such a big draw. I didn't get to hear the answer because the show is on a delay and I had the tv off. If anyone heard what Dana said let me know. On the down side they did spell my name wrong after I told them how to spell it right.
DTO