Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
-
Guest
Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
I've heard a rumor from someone that works at CPK saying that the restaurant will be closing its Omaha location. I'm hoping this isn't true, I love that place!
-
ricko
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1453
- Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:54 am
I'll have the peanut butter pomegranate pizza please
This doesn't surprise me. I think the novelty has worn off; besides, I think Omaha has some of the best local pizza joints anyway. I have some family visiting me here (DC) next week----I'll probably avoid the local pizza, steak, and Mexican places (very few Mexicans live here) since I think Omaha has us beat in those areas.
-
Guest
Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
We love CPK as well, it will be sorely missed. We have about a week to still enjoy it.
Too bad Omaha could not support such a great concept.
Too bad Omaha could not support such a great concept.
-
Guest
Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
I would rather see a national chain pull out than one of our great local places.
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6014
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
Oh bummer. They have great food.
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:46 pm
Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
I agree.Anonymous wrote:I would rather see a national chain pull out than one of our great local places.
I wonder why they won't wait for the shot in the arm that is Trader Joe's.
-
TitosBuritoBarn
- Planning Board
- Posts: 3280
- Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:08 am
- Location: St. Louis
Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
Damm!t, I loved going there. I love their unusual pizzas.
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:46 pm
Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
Actually, as far as chains go, I think Ingredient is superior, and it's in Midtown.
-
Stargazer
- County Board
- Posts: 4182
- Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:06 pm
- Location: Bennington
Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
I never thought much of this place.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
-
Omababe
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2467
- Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:47 pm
Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
Agree 110%Anonymous wrote:I would rather see a national chain pull out than one of our great local places.
If you love CPK, there are countless places to do it.
If you love LaCasa, there's only one!
(Ok, well, two, kinda.)
Anybody else remember the third LaCasa?
-
nebport5
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2813
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:13 pm
- Location: 68102
Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
furthermore, can't you buy freakin' CPK in the grocery store? Thus they've contributed to their own problem.
Third La Casa? Whatch you talkin bout?
Third La Casa? Whatch you talkin bout?
-
Bob from Omaha
- Planning Board
- Posts: 3079
- Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:00 pm
- Location: Metro Detroit Michigan
Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
I want to say Millard, but I could be wrong.Omababe wrote:Agree 110%Anonymous wrote:I would rather see a national chain pull out than one of our great local places.
If you love CPK, there are countless places to do it.
If you love LaCasa, there's only one!
(Ok, well, two, kinda.)
Anybody else remember the third LaCasa?
I do remember Caniglia's Top of the World from when I was in high school. It was on top of the Woodman Tower and had typical Caniglia food & amazing views. Great date place.
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6014
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
In Venice, NE. Long gone, though.nebport5 wrote:furthermore, can't you buy freakin' CPK in the grocery store? Thus they've contributed to their own problem.
Third La Casa? Whatch you talkin bout?
-
OmahaJaysCU
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2191
- Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:00 pm
Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
It can, its called Ingredient and it is delicious!Anonymous wrote:We love CPK as well, it will be sorely missed. We have about a week to still enjoy it.
Too bad Omaha could not support such a great concept.
-
Guest
Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....It's my favorite!!! They have the best pizza ever!!!!!!!
-
OmahaJaysCU
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2191
- Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:00 pm
Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
Luckily its available at your local HyVee, Bakers, No Frills, Bag N Save, Target, Costco, Sam's Club, and Wal Mart.Anonymous wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....It's my favorite!!! They have the best pizza ever!!!!!!!
-
Omababe
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2467
- Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:47 pm
Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
Very good!In Venice, NE. Long gone, though.Third La Casa? Whatch you talkin bout?
I stumbled on it when researching the Forgotten Cuisine article.
I wasn't curious enough to drive there and try to identify the site, however.
-
guy4omaha
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1278
- Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:06 pm
- Location: The Big O
Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
The very first slice of Pizza I ever had was at the Venice LaCasa's as a toddler. Pure heaven.
My old signature got too old. So old it was getting almost as old me as me. Yeah, it was up there in years.
-
guy4omaha
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1278
- Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:06 pm
- Location: The Big O
Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
The exact site was on the SW corner of Hwy 92 and 264th Street. (The corner where you turn south to go to Two Rivers State Recreation Area.)
My old signature got too old. So old it was getting almost as old me as me. Yeah, it was up there in years.
-
Guest
Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
It's official. They are closing Sunday July 18th. We went there for dinner on Monday night and they said they were running out of food and refused to seat anyone after 7:30 because of the food situation. The manager said they may not make it to Sunday.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
CALIFORNIA PIZZA KITCHEN CLOSING LONE OMAHA SPOT
Nichole Aksamit - Omaha World-Herald wrote:Omaha’s only California Pizza Kitchen will serve its last wood-fired pizzas this weekend. Reuters reports that the publicly traded company has been seeking a buyer or a restructuring since April. The space might not be vacant for long. Local real estate sources said Kansas-based fast-casual eatery Ingredient plans to open its second Omaha location there this fall.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036601
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
Photo Update



Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:46 pm
Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
Ingredient would be the perfect replacement. It seems like they are really ready to get into the Omaha market.
-
lisanstan
- Library Board
- Posts: 293
- Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:20 pm
Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
Hubby and I tried Ingredient for dinner on Wednesday and I did breakfast there this morning with friends. I like the concept. My hubby had pizza which he really liked and I had a salad. Breakfast was also good. Portions are generous enough to share.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036601
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
INGREDIENT TO FILL HOLE AT ONE PACIFIC PLACE
http://www.omaha.com/article/20100924/E ... /709249973
http://www.omaha.com/article/20100924/E ... /709249973
Nichole Aksamit, OWH wrote:Leap co-owner Pat Phelan this week confirmed that Ingredient will take over the spot that was home to California Pizza Kitchen for four years. The Los Angeles-based pizza chain closed its lone Omaha location in July.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6014
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
I hope they get their act together. We were extremely disappointed after our last visit to Ingredient at MTC. Over a 45 minutes wait to get an English Muffin.
-
Seth
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1436
- Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:59 pm
- Location: Ford Birthsite Neighborhood
Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
Wow, that's pretty bad!nativeomahan wrote:I hope they get their act together. We were extremely disappointed after our last visit to Ingredient at MTC. Over a 45 minutes wait to get an English Muffin.
My wife and I have eaten there several times, and generally been pleased. We could tell that the employees were new (sometimes it took them a minute to find their way through the ordering computer), but they were helpful and friendly. I wish they would have offered us the special last time, as we were there on a Saturday ("Couples Night") where you get drinks and entrees for two with a shared dessert for $20. We didn't see the sign until after we'd ordered (nearly that exact combo), so we paid a couple bucks more.
-
JPenny
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 129
- Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:13 am
- Location: Omaha
Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
there is a banner hanging on the "fence" in front of the old CPK saying something about Ingredient but i didn't see what it said besides Ingredient
-
ricko
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1453
- Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:54 am
Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
Their website explains their tipping policy---no tipping the wait-staff. How the heck do they keep employees? Do they pay them 20 bucks an hour or something?
-
bargainhunter
- Library Board
- Posts: 256
- Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:58 am
- Location: CB
Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
There isn't really a wait staff. The restaurant is similar to a Panchero's, Chipotle, Burger Star. Order & pay at the counter, self serve drinks & condiments, they bring your food to the table. We went last Fri night for the first time. Was impressed. Portions are larger than expected.ricko wrote:Their website explains their tipping policy---no tipping the wait-staff. How the heck do they keep employees? Do they pay them 20 bucks an hour or something?
-
Seth
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1436
- Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:59 pm
- Location: Ford Birthsite Neighborhood
Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
Maybe they don't :;):ricko wrote:Their website explains their tipping policy---no tipping the wait-staff. How the heck do they keep employees? Do they pay them 20 bucks an hour or something?
I just noticed tonight that the MTC location has a big "Now Hiring" sign up. It said they're hiring for both the MTC and West Omaha locations. I'd guess that some of the experienced people are transferring out to the new location so it's not a completely newbie-run joint.
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6014
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
It sounds like a late February opening for OPP.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036601
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
When we went to Red Mango tonight, Ingredient was open.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
iamjacobm
- City Council
- Posts: 10820
- Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:52 am
- Location: Chicago
Re: Ingredient to replace California Pizza Kitchen - OPP
http://www.omaha.com/go/pacific-place-i ... b2370.html
The One Pacific Place location of Ingredient has closed.
The location, which was at 10317 Pacific St., is no longer listed on the restaurant’s website.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: Ingredient to replace California Pizza Kitchen - OPP
Wasn't there a rumor about a OPP store closing to make room for (Pig & Finch's sister) 801 Fish?
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036601
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
Andre’s Tortillery
New restaurant coming to One Pacific Place
http://www.omaha.com/go/new-restaurant- ... 513f8.html
New restaurant coming to One Pacific Place
http://www.omaha.com/go/new-restaurant- ... 513f8.html
www.andresomaha.comSarah Baker Hansen / World-Herald staff writer wrote:Andre’s Tortillery is coming to One Pacific Place.
The restaurant is owned by Ron Popp, who founded and owns Wheatfields.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
jessep28
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2819
- Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:10 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Re: Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
I wonder how many people are going to think the business name is Andre's Toiletry?
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
-
Linkin5
- County Board
- Posts: 4889
- Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:59 am
Re: Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
jessep28 wrote:I wonder how many people are going to think the business name is Andre's Toiletry?
It sounds eerily close.
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6014
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Re: Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
What's the morning line on how long the latest place to fill this cursed location will stay open?
-
bigredmed
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1897
- Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:45 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Re: Andre’s Tortillery replacing Ingredient - OPP
3 years. One as a "new, hip, family place", one as " the place we decided not to go back to", and one as "come see our new menu and drink specials" place.nativeomahan wrote:What's the morning line on how long the latest place to fill this cursed location will stay open?