Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
-
nebrwesleyan
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:23 pm
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
Finally, someone is taking the lead on this project. Hope they can aquire financing for the new stadium.
http://www.ketv.com/news/6055802/detail.html
http://www.ketv.com/news/6055802/detail.html
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106375
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
Hopefully the new prospective owners are receptive to this idea and are willing to make it happen.
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
In related news, it looks like a shake-up for O-Royals ownership:
From today's W-H:
'Omaha Royals President Matt Minker is considering selling either all or part of his 50 percent share of the Class AAA baseball team.
But he said considering other investors is in the best interest of the team and (ownership's) goal for a north downtown baseball stadium.'..
The story link:
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=2097814
This all all beginning to tie in quite a bit..Fahey mentoning a baseball stadium for North Downtown in his State of the City address..Now an 'ownership shakeup' with a goal of a 'north downtown baseball stadium'..
The typical apathetic Omaha 'sportsfan attitude' still needs to be addressed..From the KETV piece:
'There is still some convincing to do.
"I think it's a bad idea," said Royals fan Renee Mathias. "Because, other than the CWS, Rosenblatt would not have any purpose in the city."
"I see no reason for spending additional funds to expand beyond what we have now," said team fan Jim Hawkins.'..
..
Thankfully, we seem to have some open-minded progressiveness among city-hall and ORoyals leadership..Hopefully it will help to provide the initial spark needed to save AAA baseball in Omaha..
..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
From today's W-H:
'Omaha Royals President Matt Minker is considering selling either all or part of his 50 percent share of the Class AAA baseball team.
But he said considering other investors is in the best interest of the team and (ownership's) goal for a north downtown baseball stadium.'..
The story link:
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=2097814
This all all beginning to tie in quite a bit..Fahey mentoning a baseball stadium for North Downtown in his State of the City address..Now an 'ownership shakeup' with a goal of a 'north downtown baseball stadium'..
The typical apathetic Omaha 'sportsfan attitude' still needs to be addressed..From the KETV piece:
'There is still some convincing to do.
"I think it's a bad idea," said Royals fan Renee Mathias. "Because, other than the CWS, Rosenblatt would not have any purpose in the city."
"I see no reason for spending additional funds to expand beyond what we have now," said team fan Jim Hawkins.'..
Thankfully, we seem to have some open-minded progressiveness among city-hall and ORoyals leadership..Hopefully it will help to provide the initial spark needed to save AAA baseball in Omaha..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
HskrFanMike
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1321
- Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:40 pm
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
This is the most positive news about the future of AAA baseball that has come out this week. The Royals biggest problem isn't Rosenblatt Stadium, so a new stadium isn't going to help them out.Omaha Cowboy wrote:In related news, it looks like a shake-up for O-Royals ownership:
From today's W-H:
'Omaha Royals President Matt Minker is considering selling either all or part of his 50 percent share of the Class AAA baseball team.
But he said considering other investors is in the best interest of the team and (ownership's) goal for a north downtown baseball stadium.'..
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8991
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
I think their biggest problem is their stadium. Just look at the other teams in AAA that built new ones. It's amazing how much better Oklahoma is doing with the Bricktown ballpark. Rosenblatt is WAY too big for AAA baseball. It kills the atmosphere. The Mavs in hockey realized that this year and now hang curtains down to make Qwest more their size.
Greg
Greg
-
TechnicalDisaster
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1649
- Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:47 pm
- Location: I got old...
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
A Sports Fan co-worker of mine pointed out that Memorial Stadium is only used 7 days a year (Spread out over football season) with no other purpose for the city of Lincoln.I think it's a bad idea," said Royals fan Renee Mathias. "Because, other than the CWS, Rosenblatt would not have any purpose in the city."
Rosenblatt only being used for the College World Series and the 4th of July game would be no different--and cost much less to maintain in between events. Really is no big deal.
I support the Royals move DT.
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
I partially agree with you..HskrFanMike wrote: The Royals biggest problem isn't Rosenblatt Stadium, so a new stadium isn't going to help them out.
However a new stadium designed with the modern fan friendly amenities in a smaller, more quaint surrounding WILL help the ORoyals attendance..Of course visionary ownership is key..
But the possibilty of a North Downtown ballpark will be the rocketfuel..
It has worked for Oklahoma City, Indianapolis and several other similar cities where AAA baseball was dying in the wind..And I don't see Omaha as any different..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
HskrFanMike
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1321
- Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:40 pm
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
More fan friendly amenities sure helped the Mavs attendance at the Qwest Center. Creighton has succeeded at the Qwest Center, not because of the Qwest Center, but because they've been putting out a quality product.
The Royals would do well to concentrate on the product they sell first before worrying about the new stadium.
The Royals would do well to concentrate on the product they sell first before worrying about the new stadium.
-
adam186
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2264
- Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:29 am
- Location: Omaha
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
No, it's because they have LOYAL fans. When the Huskers (don't flipout and make this an issue please) did poorly 2 seasons it didn't effect their record of sell out games. If the Royals started to win more do you really think they will fill up Rossenblatt? I don't think so.HskrFanMike wrote:More fan friendly amenities sure helped the Mavs attendance at the Qwest Center. Creighton has succeeded at the Qwest Center, not because of the Qwest Center, but because they've been putting out a quality product.
The Royals would do well to concentrate on the product they sell first before worrying about the new stadium.
I don't go to Royals games now, but I will definantly go now if they build in the North downtown area regardless if they are not that good. The reason will be the location will be closer to downtown, Old Market, and of course the bars. Also, you won't be sitting in a whole section w/ 40(?) other people. It would just be a friendlier atmosphere to enjoy.
-
Swift
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2887
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:13 pm
- Location: NYC
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
I don't go to Royals games now either, largely because it's a "get in your car, drive, park, watch the game, get back in your car, go somewhere else" situation.
I hate having to find parking more than one time in a night.
I hate having to find parking more than one time in a night.
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106375
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
If given the choice between ORoyals tickets and Saltdogs tickets I would choose the Saltdogs tix every time. Despite the higher talent pool of the ORoyals, there's just a better atmosphere at Haymarket Park.
I do have another theory why the ORoyals have poor attendance:
http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/ ... p&sid=t541
I do have another theory why the ORoyals have poor attendance:
http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/ ... p&sid=t541
-
Linkin5
- County Board
- Posts: 4886
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
"Directions:
Get directions to Rosenblatt Stadium. Find the best route to see the Royals in action!"
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Get directions to Rosenblatt Stadium. Find the best route to see the Royals in action!"
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Last edited by Linkin5 on Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
OmahaJaysCU
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2191
- Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:00 pm
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
I heard a rumor from someone at a large local architecture firm that they believe an announcement will be made in the next 3-6 months, which makes sense because that is right in the middle of baseball season and befroe the CWS, a time where baseball is on everyone's mind. But from what I've been told, from this person ans well as others on the inside, this stadium is a done deal.
-
adam186
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2264
- Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:29 am
- Location: Omaha
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
MMMM.......that makes me think a little. If this thing is a done deal, I wonder what that means about the streetcars. Awesome news.
-
the1wags
- County Board
- Posts: 3853
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:43 pm
- Location: Denver
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
I'm really hoping that this ballpark gets done, it would be such a benefit to NorthDT and DT in general. If it is built on the 4 blocks proposed in the NDT study, think of the streetcar going from Creighton down Webster st along the south edge of the ballpark, over to 10th to go to the Qwest and to the Old Market. How freaking sweet.
-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:29 am
- Location: West Omaha
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
Sorry..But as it relates to AAA baseball, this is NOT realistic commentary..Many citizens are drawn to the amenities of a fan-friendly stadium..Not the team record in the won/loss column..As has been displayed by the imput from many forumers here..HskrFanMike wrote:More fan friendly amenities sure helped the Mavs attendance at the Qwest Center. Creighton has succeeded at the Qwest Center, not because of the Qwest Center, but because they've been putting out a quality product.
The Royals would do well to concentrate on the product they sell first before worrying about the new stadium.
I do attend ORoyals games at Rosenblatt..About 12 per season..I just like watching nearly major league level baseball for a good price (and the level of the play ON the field IS high quality..That really is not an issue)..
More fans will be drawn to AAA baseball if/when a modern, fan-friendly venue is a reality..Mainly for the venue and VALUE of the product..Not if the team record is 15 games above or below .500..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Last edited by Omaha Cowboy on Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go Cowboys!
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
- Location: Dundee
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
Hey Jeff wasn’t there a rendering similar to that with a hi-rise hotel on the same block as the stadium?
15-17, 26, 32
-
Asten
- Human Relations
- Posts: 689
- Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:25 am
- Location: Physically: Chicagoland. Historically: Omaha
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
I agree totally... I occasionally go to Schaumburg Flyers games, which are on the same level as the Lincoln Saltdogs (and play them occasionally). They're absolutely horrid as a baseball team (not the level of play, but their W-L record year in and year out)... But the games are consistently well attended. Their stadium is new and quite nice - includes the grassy area and a children's play area, etc.Omaha Cowboy wrote:Sorry..But as it relates to AAA baseball, this is NOT realistic commentary..Many citizens are drawn to the amenities of a fan-friendly stadium..Not the team record in the won/loss column..As has been displayed by the imput from many forumers here..HskrFanMike wrote:More fan friendly amenities sure helped the Mavs attendance at the Qwest Center. Creighton has succeeded at the Qwest Center, not because of the Qwest Center, but because they've been putting out a quality product.
The Royals would do well to concentrate on the product they sell first before worrying about the new stadium.
I do attend ORoyals games at Rosenblatt..About 12 per season..I just like watching nearly major league level baseball for a good price (and the level of the play ON the field IS high quality..That really is not an issue)..
More fans will be drawn to AAA baseball if/when a modern, fan-friendly venue is a reality..Mainly for the venue and VALUE of the product..Not if the team record is 15 games above or below .500..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
I have heard to that this stadium is pretty much a done deal like OmahaJaysCU mentioned. With a potential new owner soft on the idea of a new stadium, I think we should set the plans for a new stadium in motion now.
I really do hope this works out well for attendance. As you all know I've been back and forth on this for awhile. That is a lot of land to take up in NDT and if the ball game draw doesn't go as we hope, than we're stuck with that much less land.
After being 'enlightened' by Omaha Cowboy though I think that even if the Royals aren't the greatest team, that people will go to the event to be seen. We have seen the affects of what 17,000 people going to/leaving the Qwest Center has had on the Old Market. Any new district around the Qwest itself would draw well because of it being closer to the arena. Now add another 8,000-10,000 down there for a Royals game and you've really got a great shot of more entertainment/living options sprining up in NDT.
I really do hope this works out well for attendance. As you all know I've been back and forth on this for awhile. That is a lot of land to take up in NDT and if the ball game draw doesn't go as we hope, than we're stuck with that much less land.
After being 'enlightened' by Omaha Cowboy though I think that even if the Royals aren't the greatest team, that people will go to the event to be seen. We have seen the affects of what 17,000 people going to/leaving the Qwest Center has had on the Old Market. Any new district around the Qwest itself would draw well because of it being closer to the arena. Now add another 8,000-10,000 down there for a Royals game and you've really got a great shot of more entertainment/living options sprining up in NDT.
DTO
-
OmahaChef
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1047
- Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 6:55 am
- Location: Omaha
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
Keep in mind, the proposed ballpark isn't all that fits in the four block area. It is designed to be nestled behind streetfront structures on at least three sides. The streetfront structures provide other business opportunities. If the design from 6-9 months ago comes to fruition, this four block area becomes a real mixed use project.
And it will be good for businessfor other North Downtown merchants. An increasing number of Creighton fans have discovered they can park for free at InPlay, drink and eat, catch the Jays Shuttle to the Qwest and catch it back to InPlay for some post-game drinking as well.
And it will be good for businessfor other North Downtown merchants. An increasing number of Creighton fans have discovered they can park for free at InPlay, drink and eat, catch the Jays Shuttle to the Qwest and catch it back to InPlay for some post-game drinking as well.
Always a business-oriented city hungry for growth and focused on development with laser intensity, Omaha aimed high, reached for momentum and found critical mass.
-
adam186
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2264
- Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:29 am
- Location: Omaha
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
That's funny you should mention that, because that is where I'm planning to put a theater and apartments at (and of course retail and parking). If the streetcars and this stadium get built business would just boom in this location. Well, better get back to work.DTO Luv wrote:Any new district around the Qwest itself would draw well because of it being closer to the arena. Now add another 8,000-10,000 down there for a Royals game and you've really got a great shot of more entertainment/living options sprining up in NDT.
Oh, and great point Chef. Even if the stadium fails (which I doubt) we still have that retail and other establishments by the street on 3 sides as you pointed out. Could you imagine some concerts there with Omaha as the back drop.
-
adam186
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2264
- Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:29 am
- Location: Omaha
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
Does anybody have that link to the North Downtown study? I need it for the work I'm doing and can't find it. Thanks.
-
OmahaChef
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1047
- Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 6:55 am
- Location: Omaha
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
Go to http://www.accessomaha.com/ and in the upper left side is the North Downtown study pdf link.
Always a business-oriented city hungry for growth and focused on development with laser intensity, Omaha aimed high, reached for momentum and found critical mass.
-
Swift
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2887
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:13 pm
- Location: NYC
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
Can you imagine how many people will be walking around down there when there will be concerts and baseball games on the same night? Croike!!
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
The 'Don' can be very enlightening
..
Seriously though, good points chef and D'Shawn..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Seriously though, good points chef and D'Shawn..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
HskrFanMike
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1321
- Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:40 pm
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
When I mention "quality product", I wasn't necessarily limiting it to wins/losses. It also includes how you treat fans, how you package it, and how you promote it. Over the past few years, they have given me zero reason to drive down to Rosenblatt for a ball game. And, in listening to others talk about their experiences, they also come back with negative experiences as well.Omaha Cowboy wrote:Sorry..But as it relates to AAA baseball, this is NOT realistic commentary..Many citizens are drawn to the amenities of a fan-friendly stadium..Not the team record in the won/loss column..As has been displayed by the imput from many forumers here..HskrFanMike wrote:More fan friendly amenities sure helped the Mavs attendance at the Qwest Center. Creighton has succeeded at the Qwest Center, not because of the Qwest Center, but because they've been putting out a quality product.
The Royals would do well to concentrate on the product they sell first before worrying about the new stadium.
Can a new stadium help? Perhaps. But if they don't fix some fundamental problems, a new stadium will be a wasted effort.
The opinions of folks on this forum are in contrast to the opinions I hear elsewhere, so I'm unsure which is more representative of the opinions of the Omaha populations. My instinct is that the opinions of the folks on this forum are in the minority. Except for Friday and Saturday nights, most fans won't be going to the ball game, restaurants, and bars. And many fans will probably view having to pay for $6 parking on top of their ticket prices to be a huge negative.
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106375
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
That is one sticking point for me.HskrFanMike wrote:And many fans will probably view having to pay for $6 parking on top of their ticket prices to be a huge negative.
-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:29 am
- Location: West Omaha
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
Oh brother, you can pay for your parking and get into reserved seats and still be under what tickets to a hockey or basketball game would cost.
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106375
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
Look, I understand the days of happy-go-lucky parking are done with. Having world class facilities like the QC or Holland Center, this rumored baseball stadium means making concessions like free parking. But I have every right to voice my dislike for another fee being tacked onto the price of attending any of these events. Especially when a $6 parking fee matches the price of a 2005 General Admission ticket. You can roll your eyes and say "oh brother" until you're blue in the face.
-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:29 am
- Location: West Omaha
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
Oh lighten up... I'm not taking your right to voice your dislike away. By the way, car pool and you can split the $6 among your group. Better yet, find street parking, go for a walk, and chances are you won't even have to pay.
-
nebport5
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2803
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:13 pm
- Location: 68102
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
back on topic, I'll say this about a new park. I'm not a baseball fan by any means. I have enjoyed a royals game or two, but that was also when fireworks followed the game. I think Rosenblatt is nice, but I do think I'd be more compelled to take in a royals game by itself at a new DT stadium.
-
Swift
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2887
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:13 pm
- Location: NYC
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
Or park by Creighton or Joslyn and take the Streetcar! 
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
Part of my point exactly!..nebport5 wrote:back on topic, I'll say this about a new park. I'm not a baseball fan by any means. I have enjoyed a royals game or two, but that was also when fireworks followed the game. I think Rosenblatt is nice, but I do think I'd be more compelled to take in a royals game by itself at a new DT stadium.
And I've heard the same thing from dozens of non-eomaha forumers as well..
(The streetcar would be an added bonus
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
Uffda
- County Board
- Posts: 4621
- Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:52 pm
- Location: Land o Lakes, FL
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
Not sure I understand this part of the statement are you saying a large percentage of people go to games just to be seen at games? I guess i go to sporting events or any event for that point to see the event not be seen at the event.and being seen at an event
Now I have only been in town 3 years and being honest have never attended a Royals game. Most of the time I don't even know they are playing in town.
I was having a conversation the other night with someone who has worked part time at Rosenblatt over the last 6+ years during both the CWS and the Royals games. He said attendance can be pretty slim at Royals's games. His perception was that the current owners haven't done the promotions that the previous owners did. He mentioned different tie-ins with various businesses around town that let in either their customers or employees for a reduced price.
Doesn't a team get revenue from concessions and such so if you bring in a big crowd by getting butts in the seats doesnt that mean more cash being brought through concessions?
Last edited by Uffda on Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
Finn
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1387
- Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:54 pm
- Location: DC
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
LOL!
I had to laugh at that one too. They want to be seen with all the other celebrities and important people.
I had to laugh at that one too. They want to be seen with all the other celebrities and important people.
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8991
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
I think I am your typical sports fan. I have Husker football tickets, UNO hockey ticket and I buy the GA book the Royals put out. I think the O Royals treat their fans as well or better than any organization in this area. I hope the new ballpark gets built, it will great enhance their attendance. The current owners have been very active in promotions. Fireworks on Friday, give aways on Saturday, and Family day on Sundays. Plus during the week they either have hotdog, drink or hamburger specials. Dollar for dollar I think they are the best sports bargain in town.
Greg
Greg
-
loyalomahan
- Library Board
- Posts: 426
- Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:37 am
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
Funny huh. My grandfather used to go all the time, he always said he just enjoyed being outside, casually watching the game, while at the same time watching the people in the stands, the stuff going on off the field, in between innings, etc, he thought was just as entertaining. So, I think people do like to go to baseball games for more than just what's going on the field. I guess that's kind of silly though to some.They want to be seen with all the other celebrities and important people.
-
the1wags
- County Board
- Posts: 3853
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:43 pm
- Location: Denver
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
I think what Cowboy is getting at isn't "I'm going to be seen at this event". I think it has a lot more to do with the atmosphere/venue of the event. Put it this way, I sometimes go to the UNO hockey games, because A, I like hockey and B, it's at the Qwest Center. The Knights are a much higher level of hockey but play at the Civic and the tickets cost more. But if you flip flopped the teams, I would probably still go to the Qwest, pay the extra and see the Knights. I think lots of people would go to the "bells and whistles" venue regardless of which product was in the place.
I haven't been to a Royals game, I might check it out this year, but if they were in a DT stadium, I would most certainly be there. Label me what you will, but theres the truth.
I haven't been to a Royals game, I might check it out this year, but if they were in a DT stadium, I would most certainly be there. Label me what you will, but theres the truth.
-
jsheets
- Human Relations
- Posts: 596
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:06 pm
- Location: West Papio Lakes
Downtown Stadium/ORoyals ownership change...????
Exactly right. If I'm going to spend the money to take my family, then I'd much rather go to the Qwest Center. It's just a better experience IMHO.the1wags wrote:But if you flip flopped the teams, I would probably still go to the Qwest, pay the extra and see the Knights. I think lots of people would go to the "bells and whistles" venue regardless of which product was in the place.
