James Brown
-
icejammer
- County Board
- Posts: 3569
- Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:39 am
- Location: Council Bluffs
James Brown
Yes, THAT James Brown, the "Godfather of Soul", Friday, September 15 at Stir Concert Cove at Harrah's, 8 pm. Though by now, I expect if you're interested, you already have your tix.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."
--William Jennings Bryan
--William Jennings Bryan
-
Swift
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2887
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:13 pm
- Location: NYC
James Brown
Sweet!
There've been (and are coming up) a lot of good shows in the Omaha metro, thanks in no small part to Stir Cove (and some would argue the MAC).
There've been (and are coming up) a lot of good shows in the Omaha metro, thanks in no small part to Stir Cove (and some would argue the MAC).
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
James Brown
That's what we're looking for..I don't know what went wrong in the other 2 threads..I mean, it's okay to dislike a show..But I am also interested in why you don't like it (as I suspect we all are)..It makes for more interesting discussion than a 'gross' or a 'yuck' only..Don't you think?..Swift wrote:Sweet!
There've been (and are coming up) a lot of good shows in the Omaha metro, thanks in no small part to Stir Cove (and some would argue the MAC).
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
James Brown
What kind of a venue is Stir Cove?
I've seen a few acts go through that I've thought about seeing, but my disdain for casinos (note I said casinos, not gambling... ban smoking and I'm all over the blackjack tables (and no, I'm not holding my breath - figuratively or literally - on that one)) has always kept me from looking any further into it.
-Big E
I've seen a few acts go through that I've thought about seeing, but my disdain for casinos (note I said casinos, not gambling... ban smoking and I'm all over the blackjack tables (and no, I'm not holding my breath - figuratively or literally - on that one)) has always kept me from looking any further into it.
-Big E
Stable genius.
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
-
Swift
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2887
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:13 pm
- Location: NYC
James Brown
It was my epic trilogy of gut responses to (what I consider) at best mediocre music acts.Omaha Cowboy wrote:That's what we're looking for..I don't know what went wrong in the other 2 threads..I mean, it's okay to dislike a show..But I am also interested in why you don't like it (as I suspect we all are)..It makes for more interesting discussion than a 'gross' or a 'yuck' only..Don't you think?..Swift wrote:Sweet!
There've been (and are coming up) a lot of good shows in the Omaha metro, thanks in no small part to Stir Cove (and some would argue the MAC).
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm