Is 114th and Dodge the New Club District
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036562
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Is 114th and Dodge the New Club District
On Grow Omaha the other day, they had the Owner of the now closed Arthur's, by Childrens Hospital talking about his new club at 114th and Dodge. His bar Joins
1. Clancy's
2. Shag
3. Fidora
4. Dj Dougout and panio bar
5. The Green Onion
6. The liquid Lounge
7. Aksarben Brewery
8. Nico,
9. Club 108 (or whatever it is this week)
Trenton or Jeff was calling it Omaha's new club district.
1. Clancy's
2. Shag
3. Fidora
4. Dj Dougout and panio bar
5. The Green Onion
6. The liquid Lounge
7. Aksarben Brewery
8. Nico,
9. Club 108 (or whatever it is this week)
Trenton or Jeff was calling it Omaha's new club district.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
the1wags
- County Board
- Posts: 3853
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:43 pm
- Location: Denver
Is 114th and Dodge the New Club District
Sadly yes. I belive that is the hot nightclub area of town. I'm wishing there was more of the club scene downtown. Not that I'm a club kind of guy, I prefer the neighborhood bar type (Dubliner) but I'd like to see the "club scene" come downtown to party.
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
Is 114th and Dodge the New Club District
Where's the "God I hope not" option.
This kind of ties into the disappointment in Omaha's club scene...
why does the World Herald have one of the ugliest women in Omaha as the spokesperson for clubbing in Omaha? If you ever look at Thursday's GO! section they damn near have Ms. Piggy telling everyone where to hang out. She has one of the worst pictures in there and you can just tell she is the girl that goes home alone at the end of the night. Me and my coworker were talking about her the other day.
I wouldn't ever go to a west Omaha club because I don't care for west Omaha people in regular social situations.
This kind of ties into the disappointment in Omaha's club scene...
why does the World Herald have one of the ugliest women in Omaha as the spokesperson for clubbing in Omaha? If you ever look at Thursday's GO! section they damn near have Ms. Piggy telling everyone where to hang out. She has one of the worst pictures in there and you can just tell she is the girl that goes home alone at the end of the night. Me and my coworker were talking about her the other day.
I wouldn't ever go to a west Omaha club because I don't care for west Omaha people in regular social situations.
DTO
-
Uffda
- County Board
- Posts: 4621
- Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:52 pm
- Location: Land o Lakes, FL
Is 114th and Dodge the New Club District
I told someone in the recent past that I saw this area being developed this way once the expressway was done. Less traffic on the lower part of dodge and easy to move from bar to bar ---- now all someone needs to do is start a shuttle between the plazas
We are the people our parents warned us about.
Jimmy Buffett
Jimmy Buffett
-
omahastylee459
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1017
- Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2004 4:48 pm
- Location: Nashua, NH
Is 114th and Dodge the New Club District
Thats a pretty big generalization :roll:DTO Luv wrote: I wouldn't ever go to a west Omaha club because I don't care for west Omaha people in regular social situations.
How would you even know any West Omaha people if you never head out to that part of town?
-
guy4omaha
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1278
- Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:06 pm
- Location: The Big O
Is 114th and Dodge the New Club District
Come on DTO. I know you're really above these over-generalizations. I am a west Omaha person and I think we'd get along in regular social situations. But even if I ended up being a (insert your expletive here), would it be fair to judge everyone else based on your experience with me.DTO Luv wrote:I don't care for west Omaha people in regular social situations.
It seems that we too often get into (to one degree or another) this We don't like Nebraska because it's not Omaha. And then we don't like some part of Omaha because it's not my part of Omaha. Now we have this expression of "West Omahans".
First, we can judge each other individually instead of stereotyping. In any group we'll like some and not others.
Second, whether it be one part of Omaha vs another or Omaha vs the rest of the state, we're really all in this thing together whether we realize the impact we have on each other or not.
Last and most important, we can and need to do better than falling into our prejudices or intolerances. I know when I am tired or too lazy at the moment to think things through I am prone to these exact things as well. But I would kindly, but passionately ask ourselves to avoid the temptations to fall to these levels.
The forum will be better, the city will be better and each of us will be better for it.
(I wish I could stay off of the soapbox on these types of things but many of you know these types of divisive comments get me stirred up. Of course what really disappoints me is when I catch myself exhibiting these attitudes. But hopefully we can help nudge each other to a higher plain when needed.)
My old signature got too old. So old it was getting almost as old me as me. Yeah, it was up there in years.
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
Is 114th and Dodge the New Club District
I guess I should say suburban 20 somethings aren't high on my list. I used to go out there plenty and I got less and less fond of everything, not just the people, out there.
DTO
-
guy4omaha
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1278
- Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:06 pm
- Location: The Big O
Is 114th and Dodge the New Club District
Well I get too emotional on this stuff too. It seems I react with a keyboard in my hands a lot more quickly and passionately than if we were face to face. When I get stirred up on something with a keyboard in my hands, I should shut down the computer and not come back for at least 24 hours. Then if I still want to type something I could probably do so with fewer words and less emotion. Maybe that can be a New Year's Resolution.
My old signature got too old. So old it was getting almost as old me as me. Yeah, it was up there in years.
-
adam186
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2264
- Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:29 am
- Location: Omaha
Is 114th and Dodge the New Club District
I guess I'm not high on your list then.DTO Luv wrote:I guess I should say suburban 20 somethings aren't high on my list.
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
Is 114th and Dodge the New Club District
Nah I consider you more of a Downtown guy Adam.
I agree that it would be better to have a more centered, walkable club district. Maybe North DT will see something being close to Creighton.
I agree that it would be better to have a more centered, walkable club district. Maybe North DT will see something being close to Creighton.
DTO
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Is 114th and Dodge the New Club District
The area is a corridor for some nightclubs and bars..But they are not concentrated close enough together (even within walking distance) in my opinion to call the area a bar or club 'district'..
So I voted no..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
So I voted no..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
- Location: Dundee
Is 114th and Dodge the New Club District
Don't forget that hopping club called starbux.
15-17, 26, 32
-
GaryFL
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 209
- Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:30 pm
- Location: Midtown!
Is 114th and Dodge the New Club District
Speaking of drunk driving risks, what about the later closing time in Iowa? On one of my previous excursions to Omaha, I met up with a group at Billy Frogg's, and we all ended up going across to Council Bluffs at 1 AM after the Omaha bars closed. Then, when the Council Bluffs bars closed at 2 AM, everyone drove back. There seemed to be a lot of people doing this. It struck me as a high risk for a drunk driving incident.StreetsOfOmaha wrote:My main issue is drunk driving. Having a "club district" at 114th and Dodge, however coincidental its conception may have been, is completely asinine!
Regarding late night bus routes: down here in Florida, a lot of bars and cab companies offer a free ride service if you're too drunk to drive. I don't know if Omaha has such a service, but if they do it may obviate the need for late-night bus routes.
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
- Location: Dundee
Is 114th and Dodge the New Club District
Speaking of drunk driving did anyone anyone know anyone who you the free-cab-ride home to get over to the bars in Iowa. IMO that is a brilliant idear.
But "the new club district" is DTO and don't forget it!
BTW what is a club?
But "the new club district" is DTO and don't forget it!
BTW what is a club?
15-17, 26, 32
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036562
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Is 114th and Dodge the New Club District
A stupid place with bad music, a fog machine, and expensive drinks.....MTO wrote:BTW what is a club?

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
- Location: Dundee
Is 114th and Dodge the New Club District
and that's why you wont find me at one...
why do people go to these places anyway? they do have the worst music ever!
all that hibbadyhops.
why do people go to these places anyway? they do have the worst music ever!
all that hibbadyhops.
15-17, 26, 32
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:46 pm
Is 114th and Dodge the New Club District
I'm more of a bar and lounge kind of guy, and if they have a jukebox and a dance floor...BONUS. I go to dance clubs once in a while with friends and usually have a good time.
Good point about the drunk driving risk associated with Iowa's later closing time, Gary. At least in the case of Omaha, it seems so stupid to close at 1 when RIGHT ACROSS THE RIVER the closing time is 2 and it's obvious that people DRIVE across the river to drink later. There's been times when I've been downtown, and people who where otherwise not planning on driving will hop in the car to head to Iowa when the bars close. I think we should definitely match that closing time, at least in Omaha proper.
Good point about the drunk driving risk associated with Iowa's later closing time, Gary. At least in the case of Omaha, it seems so stupid to close at 1 when RIGHT ACROSS THE RIVER the closing time is 2 and it's obvious that people DRIVE across the river to drink later. There's been times when I've been downtown, and people who where otherwise not planning on driving will hop in the car to head to Iowa when the bars close. I think we should definitely match that closing time, at least in Omaha proper.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
- Location: Dundee
Is 114th and Dodge the New Club District
Why not push our luck and ask for our bars to stay open even later then Iowa's. Then maybe with a compromise we can even up with them.
15-17, 26, 32