Habitat for Humanity will host its second Micro Brew HaHa - an annual fundraiser featuring beers from 10 local and regional microbreweries and more than 25 area restaurants and food vendors.
The event runs from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Sept. 18 at Lewis & Clark Landing. Cost is $25 in advance, $30 at the door. For tickets, call 457-5657, ext. 109, or visit omahabrewhaha.com.
Thursday, September 12th, 2013, 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Stinson Park, Aksarben Village.
2013 Breweries
Arbella
Beertopia
Bensen Brewery
Blue Blood Brewing
Boulevard Brewing Co.
Cathedral Square Brewery
Empyrean Brewing Co.
Funkwerks
Goldenrod Brewing
Goose Island
Green Flash Brew
Homebrewers Local 402
Infusion Brewing Company
Lagunitas Brewing Company
Lucky Bucket
Moonstruck Meadery
Nebraska Brewing Company
Negra Modelo
New Belgium
Pacifico Clara
Quality Brands of OMaha
Railroaders Brew Club
Rock Bottom
Schilling Bridge
Shock Top Beer
Soaring Wings Brewing
South Omaha Brewers
Summit Brewing
Tall Grass Beer
Upstream Brewing Company
2013 Restaurants
Alotta Brownies
Big Mama's Sandwich Shop
Blatt
Blue Sushi
Bravo Cucina Italiana
Brix
Dante Pizzeria Napoletana
Delectables
Green Belly
Haute Pop Couture
Island Seasons
Jimmy John's
Maria Boniat
Organo Gold
Pizza Shoppe Collective
Roja
Taste
Zin Room
7M Grill
guitarguy wrote:Is the pricing all inclusive? It's not bad if I can pay the money up front and get to sample all of the beers..
Looks like it:
Brew HaHa wrote:Ticket Prices
General Admission $40 per person ($45 at the door)
Sample delicious beer and food from local breweries and restaurants.
Patron Party $75 per person: Sponsored by Greenbelly, Taste & Quality Brands of Omaha
Access to private tent with seating, high-end food, beer and wine.
DD Tickets: $20
Newly confirmed Restaurant: Benson Star Deli
They've always done that root beer. Its one of the best out there. If you're a root beer fan, its got to be on your "must try" list. The others may be newer additions to the collection...
When I was a kid, there was an A&W around 55th and Ames that had the best Root Beer ever. You could get them in half gallon milk cartons. I have never tasted (what I remember as) Root Beer like that in 50 years.
I did get a Goose Island Root Beer yesterday (always... Since 1988?) and it was good (made with real cane sugar...)
I tried their Grape Soda somewhere a year or two ago and was / am hooked. There is no really good grape soda out there today but this one breaks that trend. Used to like a grape soda as a kid and this brings me right back there. The Root Beer is great too and is very old school.
Of all the places you might expect to find this around here most Menards sell it in four packs of glass bottles.
Coyote wrote:When I was a kid, there was an A&W around 55th and Ames that had the best Root Beer ever. You could get them in half gallon milk cartons. I have never tasted (what I remember as) Root Beer like that in 50 years.
I did get a Goose Island Root Beer yesterday (always... Since 1988?) and it was good (made with real cane sugar...)
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
Coyote wrote:Menard's? Never thought of looking for Root Beer there. They don't have Nebraska listed for retail locations.
{edit} I put an Omaha zip code in, and there are several places that carry this.
YEp, I would have guessed over 100 places before comming up with Menards. They must carry it becuase they are a norther based company and so is this. Menards carries most of the soda flavors.
I couldn't think where I first tried it before bit it was at Tomato Tomato, the indoor farmers market and they have it by the bottle. I happned to see it at Mendards after that and it is a better price than anywhere else I have seen.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
nebugeater wrote:The Root Beer is great too and is very old school.
I will have to try it. I love good root beer, but around here it seems like all you get is a root beer flavored soda. Even the A&W in the bottle tastes that way!
The best bottled root beers I remember were Boylan's and Mason's, but I haven't seen either in decades. They had a real beer-like foam, not the Coke/Pepsi type bubbles. I also like birch beer, but that's extremely rare around here.
As nebugeater suggested, I found Sprecher Root Beer at Menards (120th & W. Dodge). I talked to the Manager at my Bakers and they no longer carried it, but if I liked it he could get it for $6.50?
I found in at Menard's, on sale till the 24th, for $2.50, regularly $3.79. All of the Cream SOda was gone and they only had a few Grape Soda's left. When I checked out the lady told me that she thought it was the best Root Beer around. Can't wait to try it after dinner tonight.
Coyote wrote:As nebugeater suggested, I found Sprecher Root Beer at Menards (120th & W. Dodge). I talked to the Manager at my Bakers and they no longer carried it, but if I liked it he could get it for $6.50?
I found in at Menard's, on sale till the 24th, for $2.50, regularly $3.79. All of the Cream SOda was gone and they only had a few Grape Soda's left. When I checked out the lady told me that she thought it was the best Root Beer around. Can't wait to try it after dinner tonight.
Let us know!
Should have mentioned that they usually have singles in a cooler at the checkout so you could have gotten a "cold one" to go
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
Sept. 8, Thu at 5:00PM - 8:30PM
1150 Sterling Ridge Dr
Attendees will have the opportunity to enjoy delicious tastings from the area’s best breweries and restaurants in a fun, relaxing atmosphere while supporting Habitat Omaha.
This year’s event will combine the energy and fun of our 16th Annual Brew Haha at Sterling Ridge Retail. You won’t want to miss it!
Brew Haha (Habitat for Humanity of Omaha)
Thu Sept 7th at 5:00PM - 8:30PM
Sterling Ridge Drive
Featuring 70 restaurants and breweries, Habitat for Humanity of Omaha will host its 17th Annual Brew Haha, Thursday, Sept. 7, at Sterling Ridge, 1150 Sterling Ridge Drive, Omaha.
With a theme of “Hops for Homes,” Brew Haha is Habitat Omaha’s top fundraising event and significantly supports affordable housing in Omaha and a five-county surrounding area. Last year, Habitat Omaha built or renovated more than 50 homes for qualifying families, completed 250 home repairs, provided mortgage-ready counseling to more than 300 families, and began redeveloping 18 acres of vacant land into a community with 100 homes, walking trails and a newly renovated park. General admission tickets are $75 each and are available at https://habitatomaha.org/brewhaha/. VIP, volunteer, designated driver and sponsor options also are available.