Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Who serves the best hamburgers in Omaha?

Bronco's
3
19%
King Kong's
1
6%
Louie M’s Burger Lust
0
No votes
Runza
3
19%
Dinker's
5
31%
Don & Millie's
2
13%
Billy Frogg's
0
No votes
Spaghetti Works
0
No votes
Goldberg's
2
13%
Jam's
0
No votes
TGI Friday's
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 16

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by Coyote »

I had a friend go to Louie M’s Burger Lust because someone told him they served the best burgers in town. I had never heard of it since it opened in 1981 just before I moved from Omaha. So I have to ask - who does serve the best hamburgers in Omaha? I will add more to the poll as they are suggested.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036567
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by Brad »

I have always heard from EVERYONE that Dinker's has the best burgers. I have never been there but want to! Their sign on the building claims "Omaha's Best Burgers"

Louie M's is good. Not sure about the best.

I had the old stand by today.... The "Double Don" from Don and Millie's
DTO Luv
City Council
Posts: 9644
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by DTO Luv »

My favorite burgers so far have been anything at Billy Frogs but I'm partial the the Bleus Burger and the shocker....Spaghetti Works. In 20+ years of eating there I never even thought to try a burger there. My grandma ordered one and out of curiosity I tried some of hers and it was surprisingly good.
DTO
nebport5
Planning Board
Posts: 2804
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:13 pm
Location: 68102

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by nebport5 »

CiP? definitely not! Maybe not the best, but I always thought Fox & Hound had a very good burger. Never ate there, but I've heard alot of people talk about Goldberg's?
Last edited by nebport5 on Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DTO Luv
City Council
Posts: 9644
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by DTO Luv »

I just ate at Goldbergs for the first time yesterday. It was pretty good.
DTO
Bob from Omaha
Planning Board
Posts: 3079
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by Bob from Omaha »

Dont forget Jams
User avatar
thenewguy
County Board
Posts: 4336
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:50 pm
Location: Council Bluffs

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by thenewguy »

See, DTO knows what i'm talkin about. Anytime we go to spaghetti works, i order a burger...and plate of pasta (cause you can't pass up free refills and a chance to have left over spaghetti for a couple days). Everyone in my family thinks i'm lame because i order a burger at an italian restaurant, but they do it right. I swear they put something in them.
Go Cubs Go
DTO Luv
City Council
Posts: 9644
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by DTO Luv »

Maybe it's crack? :)
DTO
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Posts: 6013
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by nativeomahan »

Louie M's has great food, in a fun atmosphere, plus it is locally owned. Fuddruckers also has great burgers. Goldberg's also has decent burgers. Ya know, it is kind of hard to screw up a hamburger unless you try.
User avatar
SabrinaFaire
Home Owners Association
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:20 am
Location: NW Omaha

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by SabrinaFaire »

I obviously don't know who has the best burger in Omaha, but Ruby Tuesday's Triple Prime burger is very good. I *heart* burgers so I'm very interested in this poll! And actually, native, it's very easy to screw up a burger. Usually by over cooking it. :) Or not using fresh meat.
SRT84WD
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:47 am
Location: Midtown

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by SRT84WD »

Danny's at 90th & Blondo is awesome. Also, one of the few places in town that still has a smoking and non-smoking section.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110964
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by nebugeater »

For a chain the Cheesy Bacon Cheeseburger at TGI Friday's is really hard to beat. IT has a slice of traditional American cheese but what sets it apart is THICK slab of fried Provolone cheese that make it to die for.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Don;t forget about Stella's..Excellent burgers..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036567
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by Brad »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:Don;t forget about Stella's..Excellent burgers..
Whats stella's?
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110964
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:Don;t forget about Stella's..Excellent burgers..
Whats stella's?
Come on Brad, I thought you KNEW the Metro

Stella's
106 Galvin Rd S, Bellevue, NE

Get your hamburger, on a paper towel, with a complementary thumb print or two in the bun! legendary.


EDIT: I believe they just completed a remodel and I will have to admit that I have not been there since completing so it may have change some.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036567
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by Brad »

I think the only place I eat in Bellevue is Amarillo BBQ.

Sounds good thought, I might have to try it.
User avatar
Omababe
Planning Board
Posts: 2467
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by Omababe »

Brad wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:Don;t forget about Stella's..Excellent burgers..
Whats stella's?
Somebody told me they closed! (I guess somebody was wrong then, huh?) I haven't been there in YEARS, although it's quite a bit off my beaten path. For barburgers, they used to be about the tastiest you could get.

I chose King Kong (no jy-ro, geeeeeea-ro!), cuz I think it's about the best of the fast food places, but Don And Millies is actually good too, reminds me of the old Kings when I first moved here.

And actually, for a fast food burger, Culvers isn't bad either.
User avatar
Big E
City Council
Posts: 8176
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by Big E »

Rumor has it if you find yourself in the right place at the right time the owner of Stella's throws a killer afterhours party in the Old Market Lofts.

Just a rumor though. :;):

-Big E
Stable genius.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1552
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:10 pm

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by bbinks »

Red Robin has had inconsistent quality the times I have been there, so if they were on the list they would be both on the top and bottom for me. Culver's and King Kong have always been good.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036567
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by Brad »

Can I change my vote. You added Danny's to the list. They have GREAT BURGERS!!!! 72 and Blondo.
User avatar
Admin
Law Enforcement
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Omaha

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by Admin »

Brad wrote:Can I change my vote. You added Danny's to the list. They have GREAT BURGERS!!!! 72 and Blondo.
Who did you vote for the first time?
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036567
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by Brad »

Not sure. I thought I put Don and Millie's, but it doesn't have any votes? I am not too worried about it. I can tell you who I did not vote for, TGI Fridays, Ruby Tuesdays, and any other national chain on the list.
User avatar
flyOMA
Home Owners Association
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:50 am
Location: 2008 SoMa Dweller!

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by flyOMA »

King Kong. 8)

As far as chains go, Red Robin and Fuddruckers are hard to beat.
User avatar
SabrinaFaire
Home Owners Association
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:20 am
Location: NW Omaha

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by SabrinaFaire »

flyOMA wrote:King Kong. 8)

As far as chains go, Red Robin and Fuddruckers are hard to beat.
Red Robin? Red Robin? Seriously? They're pretty easy to beat IMO. Go try Ruby Tuesday's Triple Prime burger. :mrgreen:
User avatar
Big E
City Council
Posts: 8176
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by Big E »

I can't believe I haven't brought up the lamb burger at M's.

-Big E
Stable genius.
DTO Luv
City Council
Posts: 9644
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by DTO Luv »

We're talking about burgers made out of ham not lamb so toss off. :)
DTO
User avatar
Big E
City Council
Posts: 8176
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by Big E »

DTO Luv wrote:We're talking about burgers made out of ham not lamb so toss off. :)
Did you hear about the price increase of lamb in Iowa?

It's up to $40 an hour.

HI-O! :coolwoot:

-Big E
Stable genius.
joebob12
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:00 pm

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by joebob12 »

King Kong sucks. Horrible food.

Stella's is awesome even after the remodel.
User avatar
flyOMA
Home Owners Association
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:50 am
Location: 2008 SoMa Dweller!

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by flyOMA »

SabrinaFaire wrote:
flyOMA wrote:King Kong. 8)

As far as chains go, Red Robin and Fuddruckers are hard to beat.
Red Robin? Red Robin? Seriously? They're pretty easy to beat IMO. Go try Ruby Tuesday's Triple Prime burger. :mrgreen:
I've tried the Triple Prime and wasn't impressed (at least for the price). The only thing I like at Ruby Tuesday's is the salad bar. :lol: I am more of a fan of the Royal Red Robin Burger.

King Kong is on my list because of that 1 ton burger they have, which is always a personal challenge to see if I can eat the whole thing. Of course, you always need to have your arteries stented after eating one, but life's short to be picky!

I know it's not in Omaha, but the absolute best burgers I have had in Nebraska was at "Chances R" in York. Those were unbelievable...They also have the best prime rib I've ever had.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1552
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:10 pm

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by bbinks »

I'd have to place Red Robin and Goldbergs high. Culvers is about the best fast-food type Ive had too.
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1321
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:40 pm

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by HskrFanMike »

If you are talking fast food burgers, Sonic is my #1. Culvers rates #2, though. Chili's also has a pretty good burger.

Don and Millies though is absolutely horrible. Waaaaay too greasy; even McDonalds makes a better tasting burger.

Goldbergs is #1 in my book. Someday I want to make it to Stellas though...and Dinker's too, probably.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036567
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by Brad »

There's no plates at Stella's but plenty of napkins

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3 ... d=10392620
NICHOLE AKSAMIT WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:The first thing you'll notice about Stella's Bar & Grill - if you indeed find it - is that there's no sign out front.

And even if you knew the old Stella's, the present-day version may cause some confusion: The bar and burger shack that sat on a gravel plot off Galvin Road for nearly 60 years is now a cute cottage with east-facing windows, rock-and-flower landscaping, umbrella-topped outdoor tables and paved parking.

Any uncertainty about where you are ends when you step inside.

Breathe in deeply: A burgerlicious smell emanates from the big open grill in the corner.

Look past the bar with the galvanized-steel toe guard and the modern pendant lights: Black-and-white photos of the old Stella's and its namesake hang everywhere.

Stella's dates to 1936 in Bellevue and to 1949 on its present spot. And it's been in the same family from the get-go.
NICHOLE AKSAMIT WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote: Stella's Bar & Grill
-- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where: 106 S. Galvin Road, Bellevue

Prices: $7 to $10 per person

Hours: 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Mondays through Saturdays.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110964
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote:There's no plates at Stella's but plenty of napkins

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3 ... d=10392620
NICHOLE AKSAMIT WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:The first thing you'll notice about Stella's Bar & Grill - if you indeed find it - is that there's no sign out front.

And even if you knew the old Stella's, the present-day version may cause some confusion: The bar and burger shack that sat on a gravel plot off Galvin Road for nearly 60 years is now a cute cottage with east-facing windows, rock-and-flower landscaping, umbrella-topped outdoor tables and paved parking.

Any uncertainty about where you are ends when you step inside.

Breathe in deeply: A burgerlicious smell emanates from the big open grill in the corner.

Look past the bar with the galvanized-steel toe guard and the modern pendant lights: Black-and-white photos of the old Stella's and its namesake hang everywhere.

Stella's dates to 1936 in Bellevue and to 1949 on its present spot. And it's been in the same family from the get-go.
NICHOLE AKSAMIT WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote: Stella's Bar & Grill
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where: 106 S. Galvin Road, Bellevue

Prices: $7 to $10 per person

Hours: 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Mondays through Saturdays.

I drove by there about 45 minutes ago. They are always fairy busy at noon based on there lot on the occasions that I drive but but today they were packed. Based on the newspaper story I am sure.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
AF_Jim
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:05 pm

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by AF_Jim »

Does anyone know if the fuddruckers at 72nd and dodge has reopened?
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036567
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by Brad »

AF_Jim wrote:Does anyone know if the fuddruckers at 72nd and dodge has reopened?
Not quite, The signs are up but they still have the temporary doors on.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110964
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by nebugeater »

AF_Jim wrote:Does anyone know if the fuddruckers at 72nd and dodge has reopened?
Per the DINING notes in the OWH last Friday
Burger update

The Fuddruckers southeast of 72nd and Dodge Streets should open Aug. 18.

Owner Rick Windrum had hoped to have the new restaurant open by now, but he said rainy weather and some contractor delays pushed back the opening.

The restaurant is a smaller version of the original at that location, which has been converted into a strip mall.
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3 ... d=10395112
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Louie
County Board
Posts: 4937
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Dundee

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by Louie »

i went with goldbergs but red robin is dang good too

my dad is always talking about the food at dinkers....its gotta be good
joeglow
Planning Board
Posts: 2645
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:04 pm

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by joeglow »

Can't beat the Haystacker at Dinker's.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036567
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by Brad »

wags and I wanted a good burger today but both Stella's and Dinkers are closed on Sunday!
DonutStopLover
Home Owners Association
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 5:46 pm

Omaha's Best Hamburgers

Post by DonutStopLover »

Double Don is a GREAT burger.

Still need to go to Dinkers and Stellas