Omaha's Best Hamburgers
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
I had a friend go to Louie M’s Burger Lust because someone told him they served the best burgers in town. I had never heard of it since it opened in 1981 just before I moved from Omaha. So I have to ask - who does serve the best hamburgers in Omaha? I will add more to the poll as they are suggested.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036567
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
I have always heard from EVERYONE that Dinker's has the best burgers. I have never been there but want to! Their sign on the building claims "Omaha's Best Burgers"
Louie M's is good. Not sure about the best.
I had the old stand by today.... The "Double Don" from Don and Millie's
Louie M's is good. Not sure about the best.
I had the old stand by today.... The "Double Don" from Don and Millie's

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
My favorite burgers so far have been anything at Billy Frogs but I'm partial the the Bleus Burger and the shocker....Spaghetti Works. In 20+ years of eating there I never even thought to try a burger there. My grandma ordered one and out of curiosity I tried some of hers and it was surprisingly good.
DTO
-
nebport5
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2804
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:13 pm
- Location: 68102
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
CiP? definitely not! Maybe not the best, but I always thought Fox & Hound had a very good burger. Never ate there, but I've heard alot of people talk about Goldberg's?
Last edited by nebport5 on Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
I just ate at Goldbergs for the first time yesterday. It was pretty good.
DTO
-
Bob from Omaha
- Planning Board
- Posts: 3079
- Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
- Location: Metro Detroit Michigan
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
Dont forget Jams
-
thenewguy
- County Board
- Posts: 4336
- Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:50 pm
- Location: Council Bluffs
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
See, DTO knows what i'm talkin about. Anytime we go to spaghetti works, i order a burger...and plate of pasta (cause you can't pass up free refills and a chance to have left over spaghetti for a couple days). Everyone in my family thinks i'm lame because i order a burger at an italian restaurant, but they do it right. I swear they put something in them.
Go Cubs Go
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
Louie M's has great food, in a fun atmosphere, plus it is locally owned. Fuddruckers also has great burgers. Goldberg's also has decent burgers. Ya know, it is kind of hard to screw up a hamburger unless you try.
-
SabrinaFaire
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 188
- Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:20 am
- Location: NW Omaha
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
I obviously don't know who has the best burger in Omaha, but Ruby Tuesday's Triple Prime burger is very good. I *heart* burgers so I'm very interested in this poll! And actually, native, it's very easy to screw up a burger. Usually by over cooking it.
Or not using fresh meat.
-
SRT84WD
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:47 am
- Location: Midtown
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
Danny's at 90th & Blondo is awesome. Also, one of the few places in town that still has a smoking and non-smoking section.
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110964
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
For a chain the Cheesy Bacon Cheeseburger at TGI Friday's is really hard to beat. IT has a slice of traditional American cheese but what sets it apart is THICK slab of fried Provolone cheese that make it to die for.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
Don;t forget about Stella's..Excellent burgers..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036567
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
Whats stella's?Omaha Cowboy wrote:Don;t forget about Stella's..Excellent burgers..

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110964
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
Come on Brad, I thought you KNEW the MetroBrad wrote:Whats stella's?Omaha Cowboy wrote:Don;t forget about Stella's..Excellent burgers..
Stella's
106 Galvin Rd S, Bellevue, NE
Get your hamburger, on a paper towel, with a complementary thumb print or two in the bun! legendary.
EDIT: I believe they just completed a remodel and I will have to admit that I have not been there since completing so it may have change some.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036567
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
I think the only place I eat in Bellevue is Amarillo BBQ.
Sounds good thought, I might have to try it.
Sounds good thought, I might have to try it.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Omababe
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2467
- Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
Somebody told me they closed! (I guess somebody was wrong then, huh?) I haven't been there in YEARS, although it's quite a bit off my beaten path. For barburgers, they used to be about the tastiest you could get.Brad wrote:Whats stella's?Omaha Cowboy wrote:Don;t forget about Stella's..Excellent burgers..
I chose King Kong (no jy-ro, geeeeeea-ro!), cuz I think it's about the best of the fast food places, but Don And Millies is actually good too, reminds me of the old Kings when I first moved here.
And actually, for a fast food burger, Culvers isn't bad either.
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
Rumor has it if you find yourself in the right place at the right time the owner of Stella's throws a killer afterhours party in the Old Market Lofts.
Just a rumor though.
-Big E
Just a rumor though.
-Big E
Stable genius.
-
bbinks
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1552
- Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:10 pm
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
Red Robin has had inconsistent quality the times I have been there, so if they were on the list they would be both on the top and bottom for me. Culver's and King Kong have always been good.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036567
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
Can I change my vote. You added Danny's to the list. They have GREAT BURGERS!!!! 72 and Blondo.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Admin
- Law Enforcement
- Posts: 1313
- Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:36 pm
- Location: Omaha
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
Who did you vote for the first time?Brad wrote:Can I change my vote. You added Danny's to the list. They have GREAT BURGERS!!!! 72 and Blondo.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036567
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
Not sure. I thought I put Don and Millie's, but it doesn't have any votes? I am not too worried about it. I can tell you who I did not vote for, TGI Fridays, Ruby Tuesdays, and any other national chain on the list.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
flyOMA
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 143
- Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:50 am
- Location: 2008 SoMa Dweller!
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
King Kong.
As far as chains go, Red Robin and Fuddruckers are hard to beat.
As far as chains go, Red Robin and Fuddruckers are hard to beat.
-
SabrinaFaire
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 188
- Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:20 am
- Location: NW Omaha
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
Red Robin? Red Robin? Seriously? They're pretty easy to beat IMO. Go try Ruby Tuesday's Triple Prime burger.flyOMA wrote:King Kong.![]()
As far as chains go, Red Robin and Fuddruckers are hard to beat.
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
I can't believe I haven't brought up the lamb burger at M's.
-Big E
-Big E
Stable genius.
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
Did you hear about the price increase of lamb in Iowa?DTO Luv wrote:We're talking about burgers made out of ham not lamb so toss off.
It's up to $40 an hour.
HI-O!
-Big E
Stable genius.
-
joebob12
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 23
- Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:00 pm
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
King Kong sucks. Horrible food.
Stella's is awesome even after the remodel.
Stella's is awesome even after the remodel.
-
flyOMA
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 143
- Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:50 am
- Location: 2008 SoMa Dweller!
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
I've tried the Triple Prime and wasn't impressed (at least for the price). The only thing I like at Ruby Tuesday's is the salad bar.SabrinaFaire wrote:Red Robin? Red Robin? Seriously? They're pretty easy to beat IMO. Go try Ruby Tuesday's Triple Prime burger.flyOMA wrote:King Kong.![]()
As far as chains go, Red Robin and Fuddruckers are hard to beat.
King Kong is on my list because of that 1 ton burger they have, which is always a personal challenge to see if I can eat the whole thing. Of course, you always need to have your arteries stented after eating one, but life's short to be picky!
I know it's not in Omaha, but the absolute best burgers I have had in Nebraska was at "Chances R" in York. Those were unbelievable...They also have the best prime rib I've ever had.
-
bbinks
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1552
- Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:10 pm
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
I'd have to place Red Robin and Goldbergs high. Culvers is about the best fast-food type Ive had too.
-
HskrFanMike
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1321
- Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:40 pm
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
If you are talking fast food burgers, Sonic is my #1. Culvers rates #2, though. Chili's also has a pretty good burger.
Don and Millies though is absolutely horrible. Waaaaay too greasy; even McDonalds makes a better tasting burger.
Goldbergs is #1 in my book. Someday I want to make it to Stellas though...and Dinker's too, probably.
Don and Millies though is absolutely horrible. Waaaaay too greasy; even McDonalds makes a better tasting burger.
Goldbergs is #1 in my book. Someday I want to make it to Stellas though...and Dinker's too, probably.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036567
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
There's no plates at Stella's but plenty of napkins
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3 ... d=10392620
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3 ... d=10392620
NICHOLE AKSAMIT WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:The first thing you'll notice about Stella's Bar & Grill - if you indeed find it - is that there's no sign out front.
And even if you knew the old Stella's, the present-day version may cause some confusion: The bar and burger shack that sat on a gravel plot off Galvin Road for nearly 60 years is now a cute cottage with east-facing windows, rock-and-flower landscaping, umbrella-topped outdoor tables and paved parking.
Any uncertainty about where you are ends when you step inside.
Breathe in deeply: A burgerlicious smell emanates from the big open grill in the corner.
Look past the bar with the galvanized-steel toe guard and the modern pendant lights: Black-and-white photos of the old Stella's and its namesake hang everywhere.
Stella's dates to 1936 in Bellevue and to 1949 on its present spot. And it's been in the same family from the get-go.
NICHOLE AKSAMIT WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote: Stella's Bar & Grill
-- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where: 106 S. Galvin Road, Bellevue
Prices: $7 to $10 per person
Hours: 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Mondays through Saturdays.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110964
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
Brad wrote:There's no plates at Stella's but plenty of napkins
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3 ... d=10392620
NICHOLE AKSAMIT WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:The first thing you'll notice about Stella's Bar & Grill - if you indeed find it - is that there's no sign out front.
And even if you knew the old Stella's, the present-day version may cause some confusion: The bar and burger shack that sat on a gravel plot off Galvin Road for nearly 60 years is now a cute cottage with east-facing windows, rock-and-flower landscaping, umbrella-topped outdoor tables and paved parking.
Any uncertainty about where you are ends when you step inside.
Breathe in deeply: A burgerlicious smell emanates from the big open grill in the corner.
Look past the bar with the galvanized-steel toe guard and the modern pendant lights: Black-and-white photos of the old Stella's and its namesake hang everywhere.
Stella's dates to 1936 in Bellevue and to 1949 on its present spot. And it's been in the same family from the get-go.NICHOLE AKSAMIT WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote: Stella's Bar & Grill
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where: 106 S. Galvin Road, Bellevue
Prices: $7 to $10 per person
Hours: 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Mondays through Saturdays.
I drove by there about 45 minutes ago. They are always fairy busy at noon based on there lot on the occasions that I drive but but today they were packed. Based on the newspaper story I am sure.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
AF_Jim
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:05 pm
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
Does anyone know if the fuddruckers at 72nd and dodge has reopened?
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036567
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
Not quite, The signs are up but they still have the temporary doors on.AF_Jim wrote:Does anyone know if the fuddruckers at 72nd and dodge has reopened?

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110964
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
Per the DINING notes in the OWH last FridayAF_Jim wrote:Does anyone know if the fuddruckers at 72nd and dodge has reopened?
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3 ... d=10395112Burger update
The Fuddruckers southeast of 72nd and Dodge Streets should open Aug. 18.
Owner Rick Windrum had hoped to have the new restaurant open by now, but he said rainy weather and some contractor delays pushed back the opening.
The restaurant is a smaller version of the original at that location, which has been converted into a strip mall.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
Louie
- County Board
- Posts: 4937
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
- Location: Dundee
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
i went with goldbergs but red robin is dang good too
my dad is always talking about the food at dinkers....its gotta be good
my dad is always talking about the food at dinkers....its gotta be good
-
joeglow
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2645
- Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:04 pm
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
Can't beat the Haystacker at Dinker's.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036567
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
wags and I wanted a good burger today but both Stella's and Dinkers are closed on Sunday!

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
DonutStopLover
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 54
- Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 5:46 pm
Omaha's Best Hamburgers
Double Don is a GREAT burger.
Still need to go to Dinkers and Stellas
Still need to go to Dinkers and Stellas