
Anyone see the moon last night?
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036567
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Anyone see the moon last night?
Anyone see the Moon Last night?



Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
the1wags
- County Board
- Posts: 3853
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:43 pm
- Location: Denver
Anyone see the moon last night?
Hahahaha. Good cut and paste work. :;): Reminds me of the stupid email that goes around every year saying that Mars is going to be as big as the moon in the sky. 
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036567
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Anyone see the moon last night?
That really is the moon from last night. I took it while I was waiting for the ped bridge lights to turn on... Its at 100% size while the ped bridge photo is about 10%

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
the1wags
- County Board
- Posts: 3853
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:43 pm
- Location: Denver
Anyone see the moon last night?
Thanks captain obvious. That's what I meant about the cut and paste. You'd have to be retarded to think the moon actually looked that big.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036567
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Anyone see the moon last night?
I just meant it was really the moon in Omaha, not just some hack job I pulled off the internet.the1wags wrote:Thanks captain obvious. That's what I meant about the cut and paste. You'd have to be retarded to think the moon actually looked that big.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036567
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Anyone see the moon last night?
Great moon the past few nights. Monday was the best, but I was busy. Stargazer, why are the moons so cool this week and how often does it happen. Monday was absolutely amazing!
Here is from my backyard tonight:

Here is from my backyard tonight:


Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Stargazer
- County Board
- Posts: 4182
- Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:06 am
- Location: Bennington
Anyone see the moon last night?
It's purely an optical illusion... and perhaps the fact that it's close to the fall equinox... during which time it's rise follows more closely on the heals of sunset (at which time you may also be more likely to be out watching it near the horizon... when it tends to APPEAR larger... seen alongside landmarks on the ground).
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110964
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Anyone see the moon last night?
Here is a slightly different angle on the shot you got Brad. I think from your neighbors back yard. Maybe it explains why it is so vivid.


For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
Anyone see the moon last night?
The gnome's gname is Goldenrod Downs.nebugeater wrote:Here is a slightly different angle on the shot you got Brad. I think from your neighbors back yard. Maybe it explains why it is so vivid.
Stable genius.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036567
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Anyone see the moon last night?
Thanks Jeff!
I knew it was an optical illusion, but I did not know why it was this week as opposed to others. I wish i would have had more time to shoot photos of it this week!
I knew it was an optical illusion, but I did not know why it was this week as opposed to others. I wish i would have had more time to shoot photos of it this week!

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
bbinks
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1552
- Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:10 pm
Anyone see the moon last night?
Channel 7's Bill Randby called it "the harvest moon".
-
Stargazer
- County Board
- Posts: 4182
- Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:06 am
- Location: Bennington
Anyone see the moon last night?
Yeah, the full moon closest to the fall equinox rises closest on the heels of the sun setting... thus enabling farmers who are bringing in their crop... the ability to see what they're doing, without hesitation, well into the night... hence, the 'Harvest Moon'.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.