Anyone see the moon last night?

Share your photographs and videos taken from around the metro
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036567
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Anyone see the moon last night?

Post by Brad »

Anyone see the Moon Last night?

Image
the1wags
County Board
Posts: 3853
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:43 pm
Location: Denver

Anyone see the moon last night?

Post by the1wags »

Hahahaha. Good cut and paste work. :;): Reminds me of the stupid email that goes around every year saying that Mars is going to be as big as the moon in the sky. :lol:
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036567
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Anyone see the moon last night?

Post by Brad »

That really is the moon from last night. I took it while I was waiting for the ped bridge lights to turn on... Its at 100% size while the ped bridge photo is about 10%
the1wags
County Board
Posts: 3853
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:43 pm
Location: Denver

Anyone see the moon last night?

Post by the1wags »

Thanks captain obvious. That's what I meant about the cut and paste. You'd have to be retarded to think the moon actually looked that big.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036567
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Anyone see the moon last night?

Post by Brad »

the1wags wrote:Thanks captain obvious. That's what I meant about the cut and paste. You'd have to be retarded to think the moon actually looked that big.
I just meant it was really the moon in Omaha, not just some hack job I pulled off the internet.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036567
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Anyone see the moon last night?

Post by Brad »

Great moon the past few nights. Monday was the best, but I was busy. Stargazer, why are the moons so cool this week and how often does it happen. Monday was absolutely amazing!

Here is from my backyard tonight:
Image
User avatar
Stargazer
County Board
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:06 am
Location: Bennington

Anyone see the moon last night?

Post by Stargazer »

It's purely an optical illusion... and perhaps the fact that it's close to the fall equinox... during which time it's rise follows more closely on the heals of sunset (at which time you may also be more likely to be out watching it near the horizon... when it tends to APPEAR larger... seen alongside landmarks on the ground).
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110964
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Anyone see the moon last night?

Post by nebugeater »

Here is a slightly different angle on the shot you got Brad. I think from your neighbors back yard. Maybe it explains why it is so vivid.


Image
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
Big E
City Council
Posts: 8176
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am

Anyone see the moon last night?

Post by Big E »

nebugeater wrote:Here is a slightly different angle on the shot you got Brad. I think from your neighbors back yard. Maybe it explains why it is so vivid.
The gnome's gname is Goldenrod Downs.
Stable genius.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036567
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Anyone see the moon last night?

Post by Brad »

Thanks Jeff!

I knew it was an optical illusion, but I did not know why it was this week as opposed to others. I wish i would have had more time to shoot photos of it this week!
bbinks
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1552
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:10 pm

Anyone see the moon last night?

Post by bbinks »

Channel 7's Bill Randby called it "the harvest moon".
User avatar
Stargazer
County Board
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:06 am
Location: Bennington

Anyone see the moon last night?

Post by Stargazer »

Yeah, the full moon closest to the fall equinox rises closest on the heels of the sun setting... thus enabling farmers who are bringing in their crop... the ability to see what they're doing, without hesitation, well into the night... hence, the 'Harvest Moon'.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.