HyVee Business News

News and releases from metro area businesses
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2136
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Hy-Vee Growth Plans

Post by djc311 »

ChadJK wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:32 am
We feel confident that these changes will help us be better prepared for the potential difficulties to come.
Sounds like Hy-Vee is gearing up for a crḁp economy.
Would that be the same 💩economy where they're already charging $6 for a box of cereal... or $14 for a BAG of some parmesan crisps by the deli?

I do enjoy going to HyVee over the other stores around here, but if they keep ramping up the prices as bad as they are, then I may have to resort to going somewhere else.
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11628
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: HyVee Growth Plans

Post by skinzfan23 »

I have heard that some of their stores are now closing the in-store bakeries as well....just one more thing that HyVee is taking away to try to cut expenses, probably going to backfire on them like all the other recent changes they have made....I mean who wants a day old donut for $6 anyhow?
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110947
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: HyVee Growth Plans

Post by nebugeater »

Busguy2010 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:52 am
skinzfan23 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 2:44 pm Sounds like HyVee is laying off another more than 50 corporate employees , that is insane. Seems to me they seriously have some issues, many of which we discussed above.

Another nearly 60 positions…

More, from WHO:
Today, we moved forward with eliminating an additional 57 positions across our corporate offices. This number includes employees from our IT, engineering, equipment, real estate and construction departments. All of these employees were offered retail positions at Hy-Vee and will be provided 30 days of pay and benefits.

With the other changes we have made across our company in recent weeks, we have reduced our corporate office staff by more than 415 positions. These have come in the form of employees transferring to leadership positions at retail, employees taking early retirement, or employees voluntarily leaving the company to seek other opportunities.

We feel confident that these changes will help us be better prepared for the potential difficulties to come.

TINA POTTHOFF, SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT, COMMUNICATIONS
Man, that press release leaves such a bad taste in my mouth. It makes it sound like a good thing that basically

"We kicked 500 people to the curb, but not really, because we offered them a job they wouldn't want, and we even let them retire early (quit) or seek jobs with other companies... All so we can focus on trying to sell sh1t our customers don't want anyway. Oh yeah, and the communications manager is fired next. :barf:
So to play devils advocate what would you want them to say?
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Bob from Omaha
Planning Board
Posts: 3079
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan

Re: HyVee Growth Plans

Post by Bob from Omaha »

nebugeater wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:45 pm So to play devils advocate what would you want them to say?
In my experience most of the time the less said the better. Put another way, better to have a few people upset at you than to give the world a reason. Whatever the reason for the change in headcount speaking about it is a no win.

(By the way, I didn't type "upset", I typed p i s s e d.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7327
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: HyVee Growth Plans

Post by Busguy2010 »

Bob from Omaha wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:22 pm
nebugeater wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:45 pm So to play devils advocate what would you want them to say?
In my experience most of the time the less said the better. Put another way, better to have a few people upset at you than to give the world a reason. Whatever the reason for the change in headcount speaking about it is a no win.

(By the way, I didn't type "upset", I typed p i s s e d.
Correct, I would not have done a press release at all. It seems perfectly plausible not to have done that, and only informed the affected parties. A press release seemed unnecessary, and only appears to hurt them more. Just another recurrent example of Hy-Vee shooting themselves in the foot.
Bob from Omaha
Planning Board
Posts: 3079
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan

Re: HyVee Growth Plans

Post by Bob from Omaha »

In my semi retirement I mentor startups and one thing I drive home as often as possible is to ask yourself this: Is what the company about to do going to be about me or the company. If me, think about the company. If the company, what is the desired outcome? Is it measurable? Will it help the company grow? Will it reflect well on the company? Will my employees feel that the effort is worthwhile? Will my employees want to work at the company after we do this thing? Will my customers perceive value in my effort? If not, it's simple. DON'T DO IT!

If the juice isn't worth the squeeze do something else.

The recent events at Hy Vee don't show prior thought. Ok, so you perceive a need to cut back at headquarters. You don't need to devalue the employees who are left. And what they've done publicly is basically telling those who still arrive at the headquarters is that when they go home today bring home that favorite coffee cup because you may not be able to return to your desk when you leave.
User avatar
Garrett
County Board
Posts: 4692
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: New York City

Re: HyVee Business News

Post by Garrett »

It seems “Hyvee Growth Plans” is no longer a great name for this thread haha
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2136
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: HyVee Business News

Post by djc311 »

Garrett wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:35 am It seems “Hyvee Growth Plans” is no longer a great name for this thread haha
"Hy-Vee has decided to become efficient experts" perhaps would be better? 🤣
User avatar
S.O.Boy
Human Relations
Posts: 825
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:42 pm
Location: Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex

Re: HyVee Business News

Post by S.O.Boy »

User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036554
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: HyVee Business News

Post by Brad »

Adios Urban DesMoines store and any chance of a urban Omaha store...
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11628
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: HyVee Business News

Post by skinzfan23 »

Thanks for posting that, it gave a better look into the mindset of Hy-Vee, which sounds like a lot of their stuff has been a failure so I’m not quite sure why they are so willing to keep trying all these new concepts.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7327
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: HyVee Business News

Post by Busguy2010 »

Even in the event Hy-Vee's recent ineptitude would indicate they aren't capable of building a Downtown Omaha grocery store, I still would take even just a plain old Walmart Neighborhood Market somewhere in North Downtown. That's a sacrifice I'd make, as the importance of a real, mainstream grocer in Downtown is that pertinent. In other words, make it easy on the grocer. Sacrifice one block for the sake of access to groceries, no height requirements, no mixed use requirements, etc.
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2136
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: HyVee Business News

Post by djc311 »

skinzfan23 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:44 pm
Thanks for posting that, it gave a better look into the mindset of Hy-Vee, which sounds like a lot of their stuff has been a failure so I’m not quite sure why they are so willing to keep trying all these new concepts.
Had to pick up a few items this afternoon and went to our frequented Hy-Vee… they now have Traeger grills for about $700-$800 for sale, plus some Weber models that were well over $500/each. I’m guessing if they have them on the shelf ready to sell then they bought a lot of them to stock their stores. I’m sure the margins would be good, but I’m guessing they’ll sell when everyone else runes out or when Hy-Vee has to mark them down to move them.
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1319
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:40 pm

Re: HyVee Business News

Post by HskrFanMike »

djc311 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:17 pm Had to pick up a few items this afternoon and went to our frequented Hy-Vee… they now have Traeger grills for about $700-$800 for sale, plus some Weber models that were well over $500/each. I’m guessing if they have them on the shelf ready to sell then they bought a lot of them to stock their stores. I’m sure the margins would be good, but I’m guessing they’ll sell when everyone else runes out or when Hy-Vee has to mark them down to move them.
Last fall, during one of my every-other-month stops, I couldn't believe that Hy-Vee was clearancing out a $500 Weber grill for $250....and they had several of them.
ArchStanton
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:55 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: HyVee Business News

Post by ArchStanton »

The dollar store is an interesting concept. I could see that doing well.

I like the Hy-Vee drug store on 30th and State as they have a pretty decent selection of items and it's easy to get in and out quickly. I certainly wouldn't use it for my weekly shopping, but for what it is, it's fantastic.

As far as offering corporate folks retail jobs, it sounds like a way to just avoid paying them severance more than anything else.
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11628
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: HyVee Business News

Post by skinzfan23 »

ArchStanton wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:38 pm The dollar store is an interesting concept. I could see that doing well.
Again, I feel like this is getting away from their core competency (even the CEO stated that) For businesses to be successful, they need to find out what they do well and continue to do that and improve, not start adding all these other lines of business and then just lazily try to piece it all together.

This will just be another one of their failed "experiments". HyVee has never been known to be a low cost supermarket, they have been successful by offering great customer service, if they can find a way to bring that back and open the budget store at the same time, they may have a chance.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: HyVee Business News

Post by ChadJK »

skinzfan23 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 2:22 pm For businesses to be successful, they need to find out what they do well and continue to do that...
Yes and no. There's also an argument to be made for diversifying. That way if a sector of the economy goes to heII your entire company is sucked down with it.
ArchStanton
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:55 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: HyVee Business News

Post by ArchStanton »

Yeah, it can be done for sure, just depends on the allocation of resources. If you're taking your eye off the things that make the current businesses successful, then you're going to end up in trouble--which is where Hy-Vee stands now.
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8988
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: HyVee Business News

Post by Greg S »

ArchStanton wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:46 pm Yeah, it can be done for sure, just depends on the allocation of resources. If you're taking your eye off the things that make the current businesses successful, then you're going to end up in trouble--which is where Hy-Vee stands now.


This is spot on. I think they have an opportunity with the C Stores and thought their smaller urban stores if done right (though is seems they are abandoning that). The part that really seems off though are their main large grocery stores. They really are all over the place with those. The market grille with alcohol, Walhburgers, DSW in store, children's clothing, weber grills. It just seems like they are throwing any idea that comes up and seeing if it will stick. You also had their delivery service with distribution centers that they tried, and then shutdown right before covid. And all the while their prices are getting worse compared to their competitors. I was shocked at that even Fareway is significantly lower than Hy Vee.

In the last couple months Hy Vee has been taking a beating on NextDoor in my area (NW Omaha). They keep advertising specials and not having them in stock or sold out on the first day.

Greg
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11628
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: HyVee Business News

Post by skinzfan23 »

Greg S wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:27 am

In the last couple months Hy Vee has been taking a beating on NextDoor in my area (NW Omaha). They keep advertising specials and not having them in stock or sold out on the first day.

Greg
That has always been one of my major complaints with them in the last 5 years. Every time there is a good sale, they are always out of the item. I have learned if you get a similar item and just tell them at the checkout, they will price match. Worst case, they will give you a rain check. There was one time raspberries were on sale for something like $1 and they didn't have any so they gave me the organic ones for that price even though they were $5-6 each.
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8988
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: HyVee Business News

Post by Greg S »

skinzfan23 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:50 am
Greg S wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:27 am

In the last couple months Hy Vee has been taking a beating on NextDoor in my area (NW Omaha). They keep advertising specials and not having them in stock or sold out on the first day.

Greg
That has always been one of my major complaints with them in the last 5 years. Every time there is a good sale, they are always out of the item. I have learned if you get a similar item and just tell them at the checkout, they will price match. Worst case, they will give you a rain check. There was one time raspberries were on sale for something like $1 and they didn't have any so they gave me the organic ones for that price even though they were $5-6 each.

Ok that's good to know. On Nextdoor they were complaining that the ads always say while supplies last, and were thinking rain checks and substitutions weren't an option. Next time that comes up I will add this.

Greg
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11628
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: HyVee Business News

Post by skinzfan23 »

It should work, obviously I am nice to the employee, but they have never told me no.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Hy-Vee Business News

Post by ChadJK »

skinzfan23 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:50 amThat has always been one of my major complaints with them in the last 5 years. Every time there is a good sale, they are always out of the item.
This is odd at Hy-Vee. I mean, sure, if an item is on sale you're going to sell more of it and risk running out of it. That's true at every retail store. However, Hy-Vee seems particularly bad at it. I have on several occasions seen some Hy-Vee manager getting scolded by an irate customer who came in to take advantage of a sale that just started and the sale item is completely sold out already. You know, "Three day sale on Widget ABC starting Friday at 8 AM!" But, by Friday at 11 AM they are completely sold out of the item.

I've gotten to the point that I detest when they put my preferred items on sale. You'd think I'd jump at the chance to get something I use regularly for a discounted price, but usually it just means something I buy frequently is sold out. I'd rather always pay full price than get to the store to find my product isn't there.
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11628
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: HyVee Business News

Post by skinzfan23 »

Funny, that you mentioned that Chad, that is partly where my hatred of HyVee began.

There was another instance when I visited late on a Thursday night, and I understand that they have to stock the shelves sometime. But I was run into twice by employees stocking. Fine that it happens by accident but no apology or anything. And if that wasn't bad enough, they had some aisles almost completely blocked off with boxes. I noticed there was a woman in a wheel chair that couldn't get through the aisle, so I went to the front of the store and spoke with the manager to let them know my frustration.

Their response: "well its not usually that bad"....that was it nothing more and didn't apologize or ask to help the woman out. Anywhere you go, that is simply bad customer service. I wrote them an email about it and at least corporate did offer to contact me regarding the incident, but the damage was already done.
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1319
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:40 pm

Re: HyVee Business News

Post by HskrFanMike »

I can one up that story. Last year, I went to Hy-Vee for one of their sales in the paper and found that they hadn't marked the beer on sale. It rang up at regular price, so I called the manager over. He went back and called the liquor department, who assured him it wasn't on sale, so I was S-O-L.

So I grumbled as I left the store, only to find someone had left the ad in a cart. So I stormed back into the store and found the same manager. He just shrugged and directed me to the service desk.

And yes, if it's a good sale, Hy-Vee will be out of stock on it. Almost guaranteed.
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Posts: 6013
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta

Re: HyVee Growth Plans

Post by nativeomahan »

djc311 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:10 pm
almighty_tuna wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:08 pm Ahh, produce. I pine for Fresh Thyme to come back. They had amazing produce at great prices. Plus, their marinated adobo steak at the meat counter (for only $6/lb in the before times, mind you) was the bomb.com.

But I digress. I'm considering heading up to HyVee this weekend to see what they have on sale for home electronics. My theater sub is on the fritz.
Let me know if they have any riding mowers on sale, please!
The large grocery store near my home in PV (I describe it as a cross between Target and Whole Foods) sells motorcycles and tires.
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Posts: 6013
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta

Re: HyVee Business News

Post by nativeomahan »

I know that grocery prices continue to shoot through the roof at most retail chains (they’ve even jumped noticeably at ALDI), but several times in recent visits to Hy-Vee I have glanced at the shelf price of a product I’m interested in and spontaneously blurted out a not so quiet “What The F—-?” And walked away.
Rather than a “helpful smile” I’m calling it my “look of disdain in every lane.”
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110947
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: HyVee Business News

Post by nebugeater »

nativeomahan wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:33 pm I know that grocery prices continue to shoot through the roof at most retail chains (they’ve even jumped noticeably at ALDI), but several times in recent visits to Hy-Vee I have glanced at the shelf price of a product I’m interested in and spontaneously blurted out a not so quiet “What The F—-?” And walked away.
Rather than a “helpful smile” I’m calling it my “look of disdain in every lane.”
That is EVERY Grocery store.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
TheSeventhBrat
Home Owners Association
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:59 pm

Re: HyVee Business News

Post by TheSeventhBrat »

nativeomahan wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:33 pm I know that grocery prices continue to shoot through the roof at most retail chains (they’ve even jumped noticeably at ALDI), but several times in recent visits to Hy-Vee I have glanced at the shelf price of a product I’m interested in and spontaneously blurted out a not so quiet “What The F—-?” And walked away.
Rather than a “helpful smile” I’m calling it my “look of disdain in every lane.”
Hy-Vee has always been expensive, which is why rarely shop there and never really have.

We've recently become one of "those" shoppers -- we actually started to do the bulk of our grocery shopping at Walmart, save for fruits/veggies and meats. It makes sense for us. We spent $50 less yesterday at Walmart than what we would have spent at Baker's. We still hit Baker's for the things we won't or can't buy at Walmart.
Cermak
Planning Board
Posts: 2330
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:02 pm

Re: HyVee Business News

Post by Cermak »

I try and get as much as we can at Costco. I always get gas at Costco. Then Bakers for smaller items that I can't get at Costco. I seldom go to HyVee. I think HyVee is still the number one Grocery store in Omaha as far as market share but that could be changing with the runaway inflation we now have.
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11628
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: HyVee Business News

Post by skinzfan23 »

TheSeventhBrat wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:59 am
nativeomahan wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:33 pm I know that grocery prices continue to shoot through the roof at most retail chains (they’ve even jumped noticeably at ALDI), but several times in recent visits to Hy-Vee I have glanced at the shelf price of a product I’m interested in and spontaneously blurted out a not so quiet “What The F—-?” And walked away.
Rather than a “helpful smile” I’m calling it my “look of disdain in every lane.”
Hy-Vee has always been expensive, which is why rarely shop there and never really have.

We've recently become one of "those" shoppers -- we actually started to do the bulk of our grocery shopping at Walmart, save for fruits/veggies and meats. It makes sense for us. We spent $50 less yesterday at Walmart than what we would have spent at Baker's. We still hit Baker's for the things we won't or can't buy at Walmart.
That’s crazy, every time I go to Walmart almost everything is more expensive than Bakers or Aldi, the biggest complaint about Walmart is that they don’t have sales. I know one thing I never buy there is cheese. For an 8 oz bag it $2-2.50 when at bakers when they have sales it’s closer to $1.50. Same thing for cereal, Walmart is crazy expensive but at bakers I can always get name brand cereal for $1.79 when it’s on sale.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Hy-Vee Business News

Post by ChadJK »

I've never gone to the time or effort to investigate it myself, but the rumor I heard years ago is that Walmart has invested a lot in knowing just which items to price low and which ones not too. They've done studies on which items customers rant about when the price is high. So, they price those items as low as they can and leave the others higher. On the whole, people are paying the same or even more than they do at other grocers, but they don't realize it because the items they obsess over are cheap. Additionally, the temptation of all of the other merchandise is too much for many people and a $20 grocery run turns into a $300 shopping spree.
Last edited by ChadJK on Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11628
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Hy-Vee Business News

Post by skinzfan23 »

ChadJK wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:45 am I've never going to the time or effort to investigate it myself, but the rumor I heard years ago is that Walmart has invested a lot in knowing just which items to price low and which ones not too. They've done studies on which items customers rant about when the price is high. So, they price those items as low as they can and leave the others higher. On the whole, people are paying the same or even more than they do at other grocers, but they don't realize it because the items they obsess over are cheap. Additionally, the temptation of all of the other merchandise is too much for many people and a $20 grocery run turns into a $300 shopping spree.
That all sounds about right, when I do go there is always people with carts overflowing.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7327
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: HyVee Business News

Post by Busguy2010 »

I went to Hy-Vee today looking to utilize their fresh meat department to get some fresh raw shrimp. It was one of my first times in forever actually looking to get something good. I remember as a kid they had all kinds of different sizes of shrimp, as selection of at least six. So I went in there kind of all excited to see what I'd get to choose from, and disappointingly, they only had three options. Cooked and peeled, raw and peeled, and raw and unpeeled, all next to each other not to mention, and they were actually frozen... So that was disappointing, however, I looked at the freezer right next to the fresh shrimp, and they had a 12oz bag of frozen unpeeled shrimp for $5. I got it, it was a great price, so I'll hand em that.

It seems like it happens every time I go to Hy-Vee. I go there looking for something that I'd definitely never find at Walmart or Family Fare. If It seems like a difficult item to find, I go to Hy-Vee first, and most of the time, they come through for me. And then I go looking around the store and a lot of the time I actually find some pretty good deals. The Hy-Vee brand products are actually almost always pretty well-priced.
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village

Re: HyVee Business News

Post by Coyote »

Florence Hy-Vee Drugstore to be converted to Dollar Fresh Market




Omaha World-Herald

The 18,000-square-foot store at 8404 N. 30th St. will be Hy-Vee’s first Dollar Fresh Market in a metropolitan area. It will replace a Hy-Vee Drugstore but continue to have a pharmacy.

The store, at 8404 N. 30th St., will close its doors at 9 p.m. Thursday. It will officially open as Hy-Vee’s first Dollar Fresh Market in a metropolitan region at 7 a.m. Friday. The converted store will continue to have pharmacy services. No disruption in patients' services is expected.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1552
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:10 pm

Re: HyVee Business News

Post by bbinks »

I work in the area. The 30th st store has been undergoing remodeling a couple months. Signing is finished, new paint. Basically looks the same inside. Shelving realignment pretty much.
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2136
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: HyVee Business News

Post by djc311 »

Are the prices at this Florence store actually better than at other HyVees? They imply with the name that it's marketed to be a better value... but I'm guessing they still sell $6 Frosted Flakes.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Hy-Vee Business News

Post by ChadJK »

Gossip on Nexdoor is that construction on the new Gretna Hy-Vee at 192nd & Hwy 370 will be halted once they have it roofed. I've heard a year and I've heard two years.
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2136
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Hy-Vee Business News

Post by djc311 »

ChadJK wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:06 am Gossip on Nexdoor is that construction on the new Gretna Hy-Vee at 192nd & Hwy 370 will be halted once they have it roofed. I've heard a year and I've heard two years.
Wow, that sucks. I was counting on that store opening in the fall (their original projection) so I could stop shopping at the one on 180th & Q that's always out of stuff. I've heard from managers at the 180th & Q store that they're going to build an addition on the west end of the building near the liquor dept as a permanent grocery pickup area. Definitely is needed as the parking lot setup is less than ideal and a hazard to employees that have to navigate the parking lot with racks full of groceries.

It's a little funny that the 180th & Q St store was awarded store director of the year... I think that was a year or so ago by now. It's obviously not measured off customer happiness but bottom line. Honestly, HyVee is probably going to hold off building the HWY 370 store because of how much profit the Q St location does. Smallest footprint (aside from Florence) with highest profits equals best store director! YAY!
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036554
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Hy-Vee Business News

Post by Brad »

ChadJK wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:06 am Gossip on Nexdoor is that construction on the new Gretna Hy-Vee at 192nd & Hwy 370 will be halted once they have it roofed. I've heard a year and I've heard two years.
LOL, Nextdoor...