Moe's Southwest Grill opening at 1601 Q Street - Lincoln

Capital city news and discussion.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110978
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Moe's Southwest Grill opening at 1601 Q Street - Lincoln

Post by nebugeater »

This is mentioned in the Grow Lincoln post. Is this the same Moe's chain that had a presence in Omaha a few years ago?



RESTAURANT: After a lengthy construction process, Moe's Southwest Grill announced that it is open at 1601 Q St.
https://www.facebook.com/share/p/19fiGPnuHZ/
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
Garrett
County Board
Posts: 4708
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:29 am
Location: New York City

Re: Moe's Southwest Grill opening at 1601 Q Street - Lincoln

Post by Garrett »

Yeah sounds right. I'm surprised they're still kicking. Went to one here in NYC a few years ago and it was not particularly great.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110978
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Moe's Southwest Grill opening at 1601 Q Street - Lincoln

Post by nebugeater »

Garrett wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2026 3:37 pm Yeah sounds right. I'm surprised they're still kicking. Went to one here in NYC a few years ago and it was not particularly great.
I remember going on occasion in Omaha. Staff always said, "Welcome to Mo's," when anyone walked in. That had to get old when working there

I cannot even remember how many locations there were or where they were. I don't remember whether they had a Lincoln Location then or not. Had thought of them in a long time.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110978
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Moe's Southwest Grill opening at 1601 Q Street - Lincoln

Post by nebugeater »

Searched this forum. Here is some info on them in Omaha

Looks like the West Center location closed in 2007

There was a Bellevue location on Dodge St

This thread is an interesting short read. I had a number of posts
viewtopic.php?t=6592

Wonder if they are entering Lincoln or if they will try Omaha again.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Padre
Human Relations
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:53 am
Location: Omaha

Re: Moe's Southwest Grill opening at 1601 Q Street - Lincoln

Post by Padre »

nebugeater wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2026 3:49 pm Searched this forum. Here is some info on them in Omaha

Looks like the West Center location closed in 2007

There was a Bellevue location on Dodge St

This thread is an interesting short read. I had a number of posts
viewtopic.php?t=6592

Wonder if they are entering Lincoln or if they will try Omaha again.
Although I might be wrong, I don’t think we’ll see Moe’s In Omaha any time soon. If you look back to the 2025 Lincoln news reports about building this location, they described it as “The first one in Nebraska.” Sounds to me like someone quietly edited out some history of previous failures.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110978
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Moe's Southwest Grill opening at 1601 Q Street - Lincoln

Post by nebugeater »

Padre wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2026 9:03 pm
nebugeater wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2026 3:49 pm Searched this forum. Here is some info on them in Omaha

Looks like the West Center location closed in 2007

There was a Bellevue location on Dodge St

This thread is an interesting short read. I had a number of posts
viewtopic.php?t=6592

Wonder if they are entering Lincoln or if they will try Omaha again.
Although I might be wrong, I don’t think we’ll see Moe’s In Omaha any time soon. If you look back to the 2025 Lincoln news reports about building this location, they described it as “The first one in Nebraska.” Sounds to me like someone quietly edited out some history of previous failures.
With the level of reporting now it is someone not doing their homework and not something edited out
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Padre
Human Relations
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:53 am
Location: Omaha

Re: Moe's Southwest Grill opening at 1601 Q Street - Lincoln

Post by Padre »

nebugeater wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2026 9:53 pm
Padre wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2026 9:03 pm
nebugeater wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2026 3:49 pm Searched this forum. Here is some info on them in Omaha

Looks like the West Center location closed in 2007

There was a Bellevue location on Dodge St

This thread is an interesting short read. I had a number of posts
viewtopic.php?t=6592

Wonder if they are entering Lincoln or if they will try Omaha again.
Although I might be wrong, I don’t think we’ll see Moe’s In Omaha any time soon. If you look back to the 2025 Lincoln news reports about building this location, they described it as “The first one in Nebraska.” Sounds to me like someone quietly edited out some history of previous failures.
With the level of reporting now it is someone not doing their homework and not something edited out
Probably true, but mine is more interesting!