https://www.facebook.com/share/p/19fiGPnuHZ/RESTAURANT: After a lengthy construction process, Moe's Southwest Grill announced that it is open at 1601 Q St.
Moe's Southwest Grill opening at 1601 Q Street - Lincoln
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110963
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Moe's Southwest Grill opening at 1601 Q Street - Lincoln
This is mentioned in the Grow Lincoln post. Is this the same Moe's chain that had a presence in Omaha a few years ago?
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
Garrett
- County Board
- Posts: 4698
- Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
- Location: New York City
Re: Moe's Southwest Grill opening at 1601 Q Street - Lincoln
Yeah sounds right. I'm surprised they're still kicking. Went to one here in NYC a few years ago and it was not particularly great.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110963
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Moe's Southwest Grill opening at 1601 Q Street - Lincoln
I remember going on occasion in Omaha. Staff always said, "Welcome to Mo's," when anyone walked in. That had to get old when working thereGarrett wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2026 10:37 am Yeah sounds right. I'm surprised they're still kicking. Went to one here in NYC a few years ago and it was not particularly great.
I cannot even remember how many locations there were or where they were. I don't remember whether they had a Lincoln Location then or not. Had thought of them in a long time.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110963
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Moe's Southwest Grill opening at 1601 Q Street - Lincoln
Searched this forum. Here is some info on them in Omaha
Looks like the West Center location closed in 2007
There was a Bellevue location on Dodge St
This thread is an interesting short read. I had a number of posts
viewtopic.php?t=6592
Wonder if they are entering Lincoln or if they will try Omaha again.
Looks like the West Center location closed in 2007
There was a Bellevue location on Dodge St
This thread is an interesting short read. I had a number of posts
viewtopic.php?t=6592
Wonder if they are entering Lincoln or if they will try Omaha again.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
Padre
- Human Relations
- Posts: 929
- Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm
- Location: Omaha
Re: Moe's Southwest Grill opening at 1601 Q Street - Lincoln
Although I might be wrong, I don’t think we’ll see Moe’s In Omaha any time soon. If you look back to the 2025 Lincoln news reports about building this location, they described it as “The first one in Nebraska.” Sounds to me like someone quietly edited out some history of previous failures.nebugeater wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2026 10:49 am Searched this forum. Here is some info on them in Omaha
Looks like the West Center location closed in 2007
There was a Bellevue location on Dodge St
This thread is an interesting short read. I had a number of posts
viewtopic.php?t=6592
Wonder if they are entering Lincoln or if they will try Omaha again.
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110963
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Moe's Southwest Grill opening at 1601 Q Street - Lincoln
With the level of reporting now it is someone not doing their homework and not something edited outPadre wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2026 4:03 pmAlthough I might be wrong, I don’t think we’ll see Moe’s In Omaha any time soon. If you look back to the 2025 Lincoln news reports about building this location, they described it as “The first one in Nebraska.” Sounds to me like someone quietly edited out some history of previous failures.nebugeater wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2026 10:49 am Searched this forum. Here is some info on them in Omaha
Looks like the West Center location closed in 2007
There was a Bellevue location on Dodge St
This thread is an interesting short read. I had a number of posts
viewtopic.php?t=6592
Wonder if they are entering Lincoln or if they will try Omaha again.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
Padre
- Human Relations
- Posts: 929
- Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm
- Location: Omaha
Re: Moe's Southwest Grill opening at 1601 Q Street - Lincoln
Probably true, but mine is more interesting!nebugeater wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2026 4:53 pmWith the level of reporting now it is someone not doing their homework and not something edited outPadre wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2026 4:03 pmAlthough I might be wrong, I don’t think we’ll see Moe’s In Omaha any time soon. If you look back to the 2025 Lincoln news reports about building this location, they described it as “The first one in Nebraska.” Sounds to me like someone quietly edited out some history of previous failures.nebugeater wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2026 10:49 am Searched this forum. Here is some info on them in Omaha
Looks like the West Center location closed in 2007
There was a Bellevue location on Dodge St
This thread is an interesting short read. I had a number of posts
viewtopic.php?t=6592
Wonder if they are entering Lincoln or if they will try Omaha again.