Memorial Stadium

Capital city news and discussion.
User avatar
Big E
City Council
Posts: 8178
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:12 pm

Re: Memorial Stadium

Post by Big E »

At least they're finally getting money for it.
Stable genius.
OverlookedFarm
Home Owners Association
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: Memorial Stadium

Post by OverlookedFarm »

I have no idea why more places don't use troughs.

The margin of error is WIDE.

In many occasions, those troughs in particular, were lifesavers.
User avatar
thenewguy
County Board
Posts: 4354
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:50 am
Location: Council Bluffs

Re: Memorial Stadium

Post by thenewguy »

we went to pittsburgh this summer and my kid bought a seat from Heinz field. First thing i said was "you know how many |expletive| have been in that thing?" but he didn't care. I guess there's a buyer out there for everything :)
Go Cubs Go
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 9004
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:46 pm

Re: Memorial Stadium

Post by Greg S »

OverlookedFarm wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2026 1:38 pm I have no idea why more places don't use troughs.

The margin of error is WIDE.

In many occasions, those troughs in particular, were lifesavers.
I think that due to code or whatever they can't put new ones in. When they remodeled Kauffman Stadiums years ago they couldn't just replace the troughs. It became an issue because without them they had to allocate more space for the urinals. I have no issues with troughs.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110985
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Memorial Stadium

Post by nebugeater »

Greg S wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2026 3:32 pm
OverlookedFarm wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2026 1:38 pm I have no idea why more places don't use troughs.

The margin of error is WIDE.

In many occasions, those troughs in particular, were lifesavers.
I think that due to code or whatever they can't put new ones in. When they remodeled Kauffman Stadiums years ago they couldn't just replace the troughs. It became an issue because without them they had to allocate more space for the urinals. I have no issues with troughs.
I was reading on this a few days ago becuase it seems to be a topic of the month for October. Troughs per se are not what doesn't meet codes. What they have a hard time meeting is the water efficiency requirements because of the "constant flush" of running water. If they just shut the water off and let them fill, they are likly fine! :mrgreen:
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
BRoss
IT Director
Posts: 10003397
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:39 am
Location: West Central Omaha

Re: Memorial Stadium

Post by BRoss »

OverlookedFarm wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2026 1:38 pm I have no idea why more places don't use troughs.
People like me with shy bladders really hate those and I'm glad they are going away.
User avatar
Linkin5
County Board
Posts: 4891
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:59 am

Re: Memorial Stadium

Post by Linkin5 »

I’m for whatever makes lines go faster, it’s sad that the troughs are going away for that reason. People that are paying money for those things are absolute sickos.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036610
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Memorial Stadium

Post by Brad »

BRoss wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2026 4:18 pm
OverlookedFarm wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2026 1:38 pm I have no idea why more places don't use troughs.
People like me with shy bladders really hate those and I'm glad they are going away.
Never seen it, but I heard in the south stadium there are troughs back to back so you are looking face to face with someone else taking a leak...
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110985
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Memorial Stadium

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2026 6:45 pm
BRoss wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2026 4:18 pm
OverlookedFarm wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2026 1:38 pm I have no idea why more places don't use troughs.
People like me with shy bladders really hate those and I'm glad they are going away.
Never seen it, but I heard in the south stadium there are troughs back to back so you are looking face to face with someone else taking a leak...

Not unless you are 7 ft. tall, based on what I have seen. A concrete block wall separates them, but it doesn't go all the way to the ceiling, and I haven't seen a situation where you can make eye contact. Now maybe I have not seen every situation, but this is what I have seen.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Posts: 6019
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta

Re: Memorial Stadium

Post by nativeomahan »

Ohhh, this discussion reminds me of a few bars I’ve visited in larger metropolitan areas in my younger days. Enough said.