Memorial Stadium
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8178
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:12 pm
-
OverlookedFarm
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 185
- Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:13 pm
Re: Memorial Stadium
I have no idea why more places don't use troughs.
The margin of error is WIDE.
In many occasions, those troughs in particular, were lifesavers.
The margin of error is WIDE.
In many occasions, those troughs in particular, were lifesavers.
-
thenewguy
- County Board
- Posts: 4354
- Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:50 am
- Location: Council Bluffs
Re: Memorial Stadium
we went to pittsburgh this summer and my kid bought a seat from Heinz field. First thing i said was "you know how many |expletive| have been in that thing?" but he didn't care. I guess there's a buyer out there for everything 
Go Cubs Go
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 9004
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:46 pm
Re: Memorial Stadium
I think that due to code or whatever they can't put new ones in. When they remodeled Kauffman Stadiums years ago they couldn't just replace the troughs. It became an issue because without them they had to allocate more space for the urinals. I have no issues with troughs.OverlookedFarm wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2026 1:38 pm I have no idea why more places don't use troughs.
The margin of error is WIDE.
In many occasions, those troughs in particular, were lifesavers.
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110985
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Memorial Stadium
I was reading on this a few days ago becuase it seems to be a topic of the month for October. Troughs per se are not what doesn't meet codes. What they have a hard time meeting is the water efficiency requirements because of the "constant flush" of running water. If they just shut the water off and let them fill, they are likly fine!Greg S wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2026 3:32 pmI think that due to code or whatever they can't put new ones in. When they remodeled Kauffman Stadiums years ago they couldn't just replace the troughs. It became an issue because without them they had to allocate more space for the urinals. I have no issues with troughs.OverlookedFarm wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2026 1:38 pm I have no idea why more places don't use troughs.
The margin of error is WIDE.
In many occasions, those troughs in particular, were lifesavers.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
BRoss
- IT Director
- Posts: 10003397
- Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:39 am
- Location: West Central Omaha
Re: Memorial Stadium
People like me with shy bladders really hate those and I'm glad they are going away.
-
Linkin5
- County Board
- Posts: 4891
- Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:59 am
Re: Memorial Stadium
I’m for whatever makes lines go faster, it’s sad that the troughs are going away for that reason. People that are paying money for those things are absolute sickos.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036609
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Memorial Stadium
Never seen it, but I heard in the south stadium there are troughs back to back so you are looking face to face with someone else taking a leak...BRoss wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2026 4:18 pmPeople like me with shy bladders really hate those and I'm glad they are going away.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110985
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Memorial Stadium
Brad wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2026 6:45 pmNever seen it, but I heard in the south stadium there are troughs back to back so you are looking face to face with someone else taking a leak...BRoss wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2026 4:18 pmPeople like me with shy bladders really hate those and I'm glad they are going away.
Not unless you are 7 ft. tall, based on what I have seen. A concrete block wall separates them, but it doesn't go all the way to the ceiling, and I haven't seen a situation where you can make eye contact. Now maybe I have not seen every situation, but this is what I have seen.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6019
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Re: Memorial Stadium
Ohhh, this discussion reminds me of a few bars I’ve visited in larger metropolitan areas in my younger days. Enough said.