2026 Weather Thread

Grand Island, Hastings, Kearney, Des Moines, and the rest of Nebraska and Iowa
GenX
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1231
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:16 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: 2026 Weather Thread

Post by GenX »

Cermak wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 12:01 pm Apparently last nights storm was remnants of hurricane Polo. I also had water seeping into my garage from cracks in the floor with is partially below grade. .
I hope someone will correct me, but I can’t recall Omaha ever getting hit with tropical remnants, especially from the Pacific.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7329
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: 2026 Weather Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

GenX wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 3:04 pm
Cermak wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 12:01 pm Apparently last nights storm was remnants of hurricane Polo. I also had water seeping into my garage from cracks in the floor with is partially below grade. .
I hope someone will correct me, but I can’t recall Omaha ever getting hit with tropical remnants, especially from the Pacific.
I think ive heard of others making it here, but yeah, coming from the pacific is different.
Louie
County Board
Posts: 4937
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Dundee

Re: 2026 Weather Thread

Post by Louie »

Busguy2010 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 3:20 pm
GenX wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 3:04 pm
Cermak wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 12:01 pm Apparently last nights storm was remnants of hurricane Polo. I also had water seeping into my garage from cracks in the floor with is partially below grade. .
I hope someone will correct me, but I can’t recall Omaha ever getting hit with tropical remnants, especially from the Pacific.
I think ive heard of others making it here, but yeah, coming from the pacific is different.
Yeah, I remember getting rain from Katrina, but from a Pacific storm...that might be a first.