I hope someone will correct me, but I can’t recall Omaha ever getting hit with tropical remnants, especially from the Pacific.Cermak wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 5:01 pm Apparently last nights storm was remnants of hurricane Polo. I also had water seeping into my garage from cracks in the floor with is partially below grade. .
2026 Weather Thread
-
GenX
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1235
- Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:16 am
- Location: Omaha
Re: 2026 Weather Thread
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7333
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: 2026 Weather Thread
I think ive heard of others making it here, but yeah, coming from the pacific is different.GenX wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 8:04 pmI hope someone will correct me, but I can’t recall Omaha ever getting hit with tropical remnants, especially from the Pacific.Cermak wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 5:01 pm Apparently last nights storm was remnants of hurricane Polo. I also had water seeping into my garage from cracks in the floor with is partially below grade. .
-
Louie
- County Board
- Posts: 4939
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:23 pm
- Location: Dundee
Re: 2026 Weather Thread
Yeah, I remember getting rain from Katrina, but from a Pacific storm...that might be a first.Busguy2010 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 8:20 pmI think ive heard of others making it here, but yeah, coming from the pacific is different.GenX wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 8:04 pmI hope someone will correct me, but I can’t recall Omaha ever getting hit with tropical remnants, especially from the Pacific.Cermak wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 5:01 pm Apparently last nights storm was remnants of hurricane Polo. I also had water seeping into my garage from cracks in the floor with is partially below grade. .
-
remline
- Library Board
- Posts: 265
- Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2024 4:38 pm
Re: 2026 Weather Thread
The Omadome has been officially busted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
zedmib
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 129
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:50 pm
Re: 2026 Weather Thread
Seeing lots of flooding reports.
51st and Center (south end of Saddle Creek rd)
70th and Q. Winchester Bar had water to the top of the door frame. (my goto karaoke place!)
67 and Center, Aksarben village and Baxter Arena.
HWY 370 from 36th street and east from there.
To my recollection this is the first time a Pacific hurricane had such direct impact here. Several from the Gulf have swung up this far in my life time.
51st and Center (south end of Saddle Creek rd)
70th and Q. Winchester Bar had water to the top of the door frame. (my goto karaoke place!)
67 and Center, Aksarben village and Baxter Arena.
HWY 370 from 36th street and east from there.
To my recollection this is the first time a Pacific hurricane had such direct impact here. Several from the Gulf have swung up this far in my life time.
To Growth! When do we get a Supertall!
Zed
Zed
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036601
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: 2026 Weather Thread
I heard someone say that a typical low pressure system was coming though and collected the hurricane's moisture and drug it up here more than a normal system.zedmib wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2026 2:16 am To my recollection this is the first time a Pacific hurricane had such direct impact here. Several from the Gulf have swung up this far in my life time.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Cermak
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2334
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:02 pm
Re: 2026 Weather Thread
As far as I know my house had never had any water issues before this storm and I’ve lived in my house for over 30 years. it had always stayed dry during major storms. This one I got water in the garage and basement. No huge amount or damage but enough for concern. This storm was definitely different and pushed any water barrier around my house to its absolute limit . The fact that the ground was already saturated before this storm even started probably played a big role as well. Hopefully this isn’t the new normal, and was a freakish rare event. Let’s hope.
-
OverlookedFarm
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 185
- Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:13 pm
Re: 2026 Weather Thread
Rode around the Zorinsky last night. You can't make it all the way around the path because it is underwater in several areas.
156th north of F is washed out on one lane near the dam outlet, which is why it was closed.
156th north of F is washed out on one lane near the dam outlet, which is why it was closed.
-
Cermak
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2334
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:02 pm
Re: 2026 Weather Thread
Finally getting some nice fall weather. It’s been nice since Friday and looks to continue. October is usually one of Omahas best weather months.
-
thenewguy
- County Board
- Posts: 4352
- Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:50 am
- Location: Council Bluffs
Re: 2026 Weather Thread
looks like the next couple days are gonna be the last warm ones and then gradually getting cooler by the end of next week. KETV shows one day with a high in the 50's and lows in the lower 40's. I'm glad it's not sweltering, but i don't know that i'm quite ready for what may be a really cruddy winter.
Go Cubs Go
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6014
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Re: 2026 Weather Thread
I have lived in my home since I was a child (I bought my childhood home from my mother), so I’ve weathered (pun intended) quite a few big rain storms in 6+ decades. Our home is close to the top of a hill so we very seldom see water in our basement. Well, our luck ran out with this one. Many of our neighbors down the hill fared worse, but we had carpeting in one finished basement room soaked and in need of removal. We used the room for storage of all sorts of things we foolishly thought we might need at some time in the future. Several carefully sealed cardboard boxes filled with books and other items now sit in a dumpster awaiting removal to their final resting place.Cermak wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2026 9:36 am As far as I know my house had never had any water issues before this storm and I’ve lived in my house for over 30 years. it had always stayed dry during major storms. This one I got water in the garage and basement. No huge amount or damage but enough for concern. This storm was definitely different and pushed any water barrier around my house to its absolute limit . The fact that the ground was already saturated before this storm even started probably played a big role as well. Hopefully this isn’t the new normal, and was a freakish rare event. Let’s hope.
My 91 year old master gardener neighbor told me his rain gauge overflowed after 6”. That would make it the second or third heaviest one day soaking my mid city neighborhood has seen in my memory. The fact that this storm emanated from a Pacific hurricane is novel. Not sure if it’s a one-off or the start of a new trend. Thank you very much, climate change.