I hope someone will correct me, but I can’t recall Omaha ever getting hit with tropical remnants, especially from the Pacific.Cermak wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 12:01 pm Apparently last nights storm was remnants of hurricane Polo. I also had water seeping into my garage from cracks in the floor with is partially below grade. .
2026 Weather Thread
-
GenX
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1231
- Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:16 pm
- Location: Omaha
Re: 2026 Weather Thread
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7331
- Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: 2026 Weather Thread
I think ive heard of others making it here, but yeah, coming from the pacific is different.GenX wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 3:04 pmI hope someone will correct me, but I can’t recall Omaha ever getting hit with tropical remnants, especially from the Pacific.Cermak wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 12:01 pm Apparently last nights storm was remnants of hurricane Polo. I also had water seeping into my garage from cracks in the floor with is partially below grade. .
-
Louie
- County Board
- Posts: 4938
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
- Location: Dundee
Re: 2026 Weather Thread
Yeah, I remember getting rain from Katrina, but from a Pacific storm...that might be a first.Busguy2010 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 3:20 pmI think ive heard of others making it here, but yeah, coming from the pacific is different.GenX wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 3:04 pmI hope someone will correct me, but I can’t recall Omaha ever getting hit with tropical remnants, especially from the Pacific.Cermak wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 12:01 pm Apparently last nights storm was remnants of hurricane Polo. I also had water seeping into my garage from cracks in the floor with is partially below grade. .
-
remline
- Library Board
- Posts: 264
- Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2024 10:38 am
Re: 2026 Weather Thread
The Omadome has been officially busted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
zedmib
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 129
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:50 am
Re: 2026 Weather Thread
Seeing lots of flooding reports.
51st and Center (south end of Saddle Creek rd)
70th and Q. Winchester Bar had water to the top of the door frame. (my goto karaoke place!)
67 and Center, Aksarben village and Baxter Arena.
HWY 370 from 36th street and east from there.
To my recollection this is the first time a Pacific hurricane had such direct impact here. Several from the Gulf have swung up this far in my life time.
51st and Center (south end of Saddle Creek rd)
70th and Q. Winchester Bar had water to the top of the door frame. (my goto karaoke place!)
67 and Center, Aksarben village and Baxter Arena.
HWY 370 from 36th street and east from there.
To my recollection this is the first time a Pacific hurricane had such direct impact here. Several from the Gulf have swung up this far in my life time.
To Growth! When do we get a Supertall!
Zed
Zed
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036569
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: 2026 Weather Thread
I heard someone say that a typical low pressure system was coming though and collected the hurricane's moisture and drug it up here more than a normal system.zedmib wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 9:16 pm To my recollection this is the first time a Pacific hurricane had such direct impact here. Several from the Gulf have swung up this far in my life time.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Cermak
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2333
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:02 pm
Re: 2026 Weather Thread
As far as I know my house had never had any water issues before this storm and I’ve lived in my house for over 30 years. it had always stayed dry during major storms. This one I got water in the garage and basement. No huge amount or damage but enough for concern. This storm was definitely different and pushed any water barrier around my house to its absolute limit . The fact that the ground was already saturated before this storm even started probably played a big role as well. Hopefully this isn’t the new normal, and was a freakish rare event. Let’s hope.
-
OverlookedFarm
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:13 pm
Re: 2026 Weather Thread
Rode around the Zorinsky last night. You can't make it all the way around the path because it is underwater in several areas.
156th north of F is washed out on one lane near the dam outlet, which is why it was closed.
156th north of F is washed out on one lane near the dam outlet, which is why it was closed.